EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   It's a bird... It's a plane.... No it's a deer (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/314164-its-bird-its-plane-no-its-deer.html)

dafoe69 Dec 19, 2007 07:20 AM

It's a bird... It's a plane.... No it's a deer

On my way to the mall late last night from the gf's house. I take the connecting ramp to put me onto the mall exit and a deer decided life wasn't worth living so he committed suicide by jumping in front of my car. Carnage to follow:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1682/img0035lj4.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6232/img0036ns0.jpg

Daylight picture:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9762/img0042ko9.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6844/img0044ix1.jpg

Last but not least.........................

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2792/img0040rt8.jpg

MR Turco Dec 19, 2007 07:23 AM

That is horrible. At least you are ok and it definitely looks fixable.

Chemwarrior Dec 19, 2007 07:24 AM

Damn work computer system and their websense blockage. I'll have to wait until I get home to see the carnage.

Import Junky Dec 19, 2007 07:25 AM

Damn looks like JDM Headlights, IX front bumper might be in the near future.

TeStUdO Dec 19, 2007 07:25 AM

You must have hit him pretty hard for him to not even make it off the road. Usually the adrenaline gets them into the woods. Insurance should hook you though.

TeStUdO Dec 19, 2007 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Import Junky (Post 5071377)
Damn looks like JDM Headlights, IX front bumper might be in the near future.

Stock headlights.

lexat20 Dec 19, 2007 07:31 AM

Good shot

Canexican Dec 19, 2007 07:33 AM

Oh my dude, that sucks man. I feel your pain. I hit a deer going 90mph on the highway in my 3000GT. I swerved to avoid it, it clipped me in the same spot as your car. I tried to regain control, but the car spun around 4 times before plowing into a hillside. I was lucky I didnt die. Surprisingly, it was only $5600 dollars worth of damage.

The NEXT DAY, my car is in the shop, and I take my dad's truck to go to school. A whole freakin' herd of deer decide to make a crossing in front of the truck. I was only going 25mph, slammed on the brakes and still hit one...right off the chrome grill. Grill was ok, Deer's head was not. Cop came and shot it in the middle of the street scaring the living crap out of me.

2 weeks go by, and I get my car back. The next day, i'm driving on my street, look down at the radio for mere moments, look up and there is a big stupid deer just staring at me like i'm an as#hole. I hit the brakes, he doesnt move, rolls up onto my freshly painted hood. Dents it all up. Found him dead not far from the incident a few days later.

I KILLED 3 DEER IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS. From then on, my 3000GT was known as the Deer Slayer. So, I know exactly how you feel. It could always be worse...just be glad you aren't me, haha. Hang in there man :thumbup: .

CrackerJackToy Dec 19, 2007 07:33 AM

As long as you owned him for doing that damage, its good.

06MRV8Killer Dec 19, 2007 07:35 AM

That sucks doesnt look too bad but those suckers can do some damage sometimes. I dreaded that when i lived in NJ thankfully I never hit one. No deer here in FL (at least where I live)

EM1toEVO Dec 19, 2007 07:35 AM

I would be glad it's not totalled and look forward to a set of JDM headlights, new hood, and IX front bumper(or whatever you prefer instead).

06MRV8Killer Dec 19, 2007 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Canexican (Post 5071420)
Oh my dude, that sucks man. I feel your pain. I hit a deer going 90mph on the highway in my 3000GT. I swerved to avoid it, it clipped me in the same spot as your car. I tried to regain control, but the car spun around 4 times before plowing into a hillside. I was lucky I didnt die. Surprisingly, it was only $5600 dollars worth of damage.

The NEXT DAY, my car is in the shop, and I take my dad's truck to go to school. A whole freakin' herd of deer decide to make a crossing in front of the truck. I was only going 25mph, slammed on the brakes and still hit one...right off the chrome grill. Grill was ok, Deer's head was not. Cop came and shot it in the middle of the street scaring the living crap out of me.

2 weeks go by, and I get my car back. The next day, i'm driving on my street, look down at the radio for mere moments, look up and there is a big stupid deer just staring at me like i'm an as#hole. I hit the brakes, he doesnt move, rolls up onto my freshly painted hood. Dents it all up. Found him dead not far from the incident a few days later.

I KILLED 3 DEER IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS. From then on, my 3000GT was known as the Deer Slayer. So, I know exactly how you feel. It could always be worse...just be glad you aren't me, haha. Hang in there man :thumbup: .

:lol:

Originally Posted by CrackerJackToy (Post 5071423)
As long as you owned him for doing that damage, its good.

:lol:

flipsideR Dec 19, 2007 07:37 AM

Poor bambi

MR Turco Dec 19, 2007 07:37 AM

Wow that is a great story lol. :lol:

yellowEVO21 Dec 19, 2007 07:40 AM

dude you officially have the worst luck ever...your insurance company musta thought you were trying to pull something.

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer (Post 5071429)
I dreaded that when i lived in NJ thankfully I never hit one. No deer here in FL (at least where I live)

Yeah I'm scared to drive at night on the backroads...but the lesson is to drive right through them, not worth saving them but crashing into something else even worse.