EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   NY To Orlando (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/333740-ny-orlando.html)

blackdemon Mar 22, 2008 08:57 AM

NY To Orlando

I am planning to drive from NY to Orlando florida with my evo. Who has driven more than 800 miles with there evo. Please share your experience

Jeovannie Mar 22, 2008 09:01 AM

760 miles from Spring lake,NC to Miami and it wasn't a comfortable ride

jeffbum Mar 22, 2008 09:24 AM

in june im driving from montana to missouri then new york. ill take a few weeks there then drive straight from ny back to mt. I have some time so i might take a scenic route through canada

1badgsex Mar 22, 2008 10:16 AM

did (phila)pa to orlando(fl) 3 times so far and its not that bad once u get past virginia and north carolina. Id do it again too..

Draven83 Mar 22, 2008 10:48 AM

i went from ny to va was only 500 miles but it was ok. as long as you have music should be good. at least i was. going thru pa was boring. all the hills and all.

1badgsex Mar 22, 2008 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Draven83 (Post 5443087)
i went from ny to va was only 500 miles but it was ok. as long as you have music should be good. at least i was. going thru pa was boring. all the hills and all.

what part of pa did u go through?? there arent any hills on the south east side of pa, i travel to ny all the time from pa and never see hills and all like u are explaining what road/hwy/interstate do u take??

I take I-95 all the way down and never really see any hills till u get to lower MD Virginia and so on, thats when it starts to get hilly and mountains but very nice sight seeing!!!!

EVO-L-OV3 Mar 22, 2008 11:03 AM

I Drived 400KM, Doing 180KMPH And slow down to 120KMPH Every 30 Minute. (Didnt Want The Turbo Spool For The Whole 400KM).

Not Comfortable At All, Loud Noise And When I Arrived I Had Troubles (I Think) With The Cluch's, Loose And Weak. (Not Easy To Shift)

evocanival Mar 22, 2008 11:03 AM

I just did a 1550 mile trip from NY- Sabine TX in one sitting. Took me 23 hrs. I stoped every 280 miles for a fill up and some energy drinks. I was averaging 80 mph give or take most of the trip. Got cought is some rush hour traffic in Louisiana. Honestly the trip wasn't great, and my right knee was killing me for a week. I dont have cruise control like most so that really sucked. But all in all, it was ok.

Jovan

porsherules911 Mar 22, 2008 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by 1badgsex (Post 5443104)
what part of pa did u go through?? there arent any hills on the south east side of pa, i travel to ny all the time from pa and never see hills and all like u are explaining what road/hwy/interstate do u take??

I take I-95 all the way down and never really see any hills till u get to lower MD Virginia and so on, thats when it starts to get hilly and mountains but very nice sight seeing!!!!

:lol: I agree. I travel from Northern NJ near NYC to NC frequently and until you get past richmond is when the scenary gets nice and hilly. All of NJ is traffic-invested. haha

Exciting News Mar 22, 2008 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by EVO-L-OV3 (Post 5443121)
I Drived 400KM, Doing 180KMPH And slow down to 120KMPH Every 30 Minute. (Didnt Want The Turbo Spool For The Whole 400KM).

Not Comfortable At All, Loud Noise And When I Arrived I Had Troubles (I Think) With The Cluch's, Loose And Weak. (Not Easy To Shift)

What are you talking about? Once you get to a constant speed you shouldn't be boosting. What did your boost gauge read?

EVO-L-OV3 Mar 22, 2008 11:23 AM

My Bad, And Thank You For The Info.
I AM New :D

blackdemon Mar 22, 2008 05:44 PM

It looks like i'll be feeling the pain if I do this.

JDMCT9MR Mar 22, 2008 05:48 PM

I used to drive to Phoenix every weekend for about a month.I drove 400 miles each way and the car drove perfectly.

XIEvolutionIX Mar 23, 2008 09:41 AM

i would most definitely have my car impounded if i drove for more than 100 miles on the high way, i couldnt let my knee cramp up holding the throttle in one spot...

Fuxton Mar 23, 2008 09:44 AM

i went from ny to sc. It was a little over 700 miles. I thought it was fine. Got better mileage than i thought i was gonna get. lol