EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Anyone cart their toddler around in their Evo? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/336799-anyone-cart-their-toddler-around-their-evo.html)

DocWyte Apr 4, 2008 06:59 PM

Anyone cart their toddler around in their Evo?

How's a forward facing car seat fit in the back seat? Is there enough room for it to be put behind one of the front seats, or does it need to go in the center? Ride quality decent enough that they can still fall asleep in the car?

fmly evo Apr 4, 2008 07:52 PM

I have a 1 yr old and 3 yr old. 1 in a car seat facing forward and the other in a booster seat. the 1 yr old falls asleep with no problem and keep them behind a seat it is safer.

my %0.02

STevo

distant_02 Apr 4, 2008 07:59 PM

I babysit my 3yr old nephew every Saturday and I take him everywhere. He falls asleep all the time in the car in a forward facing seat.

DocWyte Apr 4, 2008 08:02 PM

How's it safer behind a seat vs in the center? More crush space in the center...

Lonnie@LMS Apr 4, 2008 09:10 PM

I am trying to sell my mustang to get an evo for this reason. I have put my son in a friends evo (2yr old at the time) in a bulky eddie bauer (sp?) foward facing car seat behind the pass. seat and it fit fine. He loved the ride and could definitely fall asleep to the wonderful exhaust note as long as I didn't keep pinning him against the back with the thrust of this 400awhp car!! LOL. He loved all 26psi on alchy with short safe bursts putting a giant smile on his face! He kept saying gen (again) daddy, gen, go faster! The bov was also quite amusing to him.

ohsobaked Apr 5, 2008 01:10 AM

yeah np

TIBOevo Apr 5, 2008 07:16 AM

recaro makes a badass baby seat. matches my interior and all

fmly evo Apr 5, 2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by LONS2001GT (Post 5501469)
I am trying to sell my mustang to get an evo for this reason. I have put my son in a friends evo (2yr old at the time) in a bulky eddie bauer (sp?) foward facing car seat behind the pass. seat and it fit fine. He loved the ride and could definitely fall asleep to the wonderful exhaust note as long as I didn't keep pinning him against the back with the thrust of this 400awhp car!! LOL. He loved all 26psi on alchy with short safe bursts putting a giant smile on his face! He kept saying gen (again) daddy, gen, go faster! The bov was also quite amusing to him.

i don't have near that horsepower yet but... my 3 yr old daughter is the same way. Go faster daddy and she sits in the back seat going psssshh pssssh. it just puts a HUGE smile on her face and mine.

STevo

EVO8emUp Apr 5, 2008 08:05 AM

I cart my 10mo. old around in the evo. Its a recaro signo seat, rear facing. When she turns (1yr) I'll be able to face it forward, which will make it a lot easier to get her in and out.

EM1toEVO Apr 5, 2008 08:15 AM

My son will be 4 this month and he loves riding in the Evo. There is plenty of room. I put his seat on the rear passenger side and slide the front seat up so he doesn't kick the back of the recaro. I'm just anal like that.

hmsevo9mr Apr 5, 2008 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by DocWyte (Post 5501279)
How's it safer behind a seat vs in the center? More crush space in the center...

incase the air bag deploys.

jmelocik Apr 5, 2008 08:19 AM

From the time he was two years old and we bought the car I have been putting my son in a forward facing rear seat in my 05 Evo VIII. Usually on the passenger side so I can see him better. The best part about driving him around is hearing him at the stop lights. . . red light, stop daddy, red light daddy, GREEN LIGHT GO DADDY GO DADDY GO! LOL Gotta love that. When my Ex wife got remarried her new husband had an 02 Chevy Tahoe with flow masters and headers. She asked him once " how does Sam's truck sound?" "VRRROOOOOOMMMMM!" said my son. "How does daddy's car sound?" she asked " Zing psshhhht. Zzzziiiiinnnnnnggggg Pshhht!" My son replied! Then the best part! She asked him "well which one is faster?" To which my son replied "Uh Daddies! Duh!" Gotta love the raw truth of children.

Josh

:usflag:

fenriq007 Apr 5, 2008 08:21 AM

I have a two year old and he loves it. I have him in the recaro seat in the middle. It's really up to you if u want him in the middle or the side. The thing with putting the seat in the middle is that as they get heavier (the child) the seat has more play in the middle and slides a lil bit. Falling asleep is no problem

fenriq007 Apr 5, 2008 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by jmelocik (Post 5502448)
From the time he was two years old and we bought the car I have been putting my son in a forward facing rear seat in my 05 Evo VIII. Usually on the passenger side so I can see him better. The best part about driving him around is hearing him at the stop lights. . . red light, stop daddy, red light daddy, GREEN LIGHT GO DADDY GO DADDY GO! LOL Gotta love that. When my Ex wife got remarried her new husband had an 02 Chevy Tahoe with flow masters and headers. She asked him once " how does Sam's truck sound?" "VRRROOOOOOMMMMM!" said my son. "How does daddy's car sound?" she asked " Zing psshhhht. Zzzziiiiinnnnnnggggg Pshhht!" My son replied! Then the best part! She asked him "well which one is faster?" To which my son replied "Uh Daddies! Duh!" Gotta love the raw truth of children.

Josh

:usflag:

+1 for the kid{thumbup}

ROGERV Apr 5, 2008 08:28 AM

I have the Recaro seat and my son loves it. I put him in the passenger side so I can see him.