EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   The next mod (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/359179-next-mod.html)

JdmSyndicate Jul 22, 2008 02:13 PM

The next mod

Well guys I'm looking for suggestions as to the next big mod to do to my car. I currently have a 2005 Mitsubishi Evo 8 with the 10.5 hotside turbo. The car has currently Megan racing turbo back exhaust, Megan downpipe, and Megan cat delete pipe. It also has a greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller set to 23 psi, Apexi air filter, and a tune from AL. I got the car dynoed this past weekend and the car made 300AWHP on a Mustang dyno. Now, I'm looking to increase the power on my car but wanted to know what is the most bang for your buck mod to do. I was thinking cams but am not sure what kind of gains to expect with the HKS 272's. Or if I should save up and do a turbo upgrade. So my questions are, If I go with the cams, how much can I expect to gain and what supporting mods will I need. Or If I go with a turbo upgrade, which would be the best kit and what all supporting mods will I need for the turbo Kit. I would like to get to atleast the mid 400's if I go with the turbo upgrade. Thanks in advance for all the help guys.{thumbup}

Draven83 Jul 22, 2008 04:47 PM

cams you will get around 30-40 probably, if you run hks cams you wont need springs or retainers. when you buy the cams depending on the brand it will say if you need to upgrade springs. a turbo depends on what your full plans are. mostly people run a 35r turbo kit and those produce great power.

compscibOi Jul 22, 2008 04:54 PM

I'd suggest cams as well. I am not a huge fan of the horrible idle lobbing sound, so if I get cams in the future, they will be not very aggressive, but I will up the idle a little so it doesn't sound like its about to die.

1d10t Jul 22, 2008 07:05 PM

Cams, meth , tune.

hytek369 Jul 22, 2008 07:05 PM

S1s suppose to idle close to stock

EatSleepBoost Jul 22, 2008 08:08 PM

a good tune at idle can almost rid ur car of that lopyness at idle

bhood1 Jul 22, 2008 09:27 PM

get the gsc s1's you can't go wrong!

dsmdeliveryboy Jul 22, 2008 09:29 PM

Go with the HKS 272's ftw, awesome powerband all the way thru and the lope is sick. F all these people saying they dont like lope, thats lame.

chaotichoax Jul 22, 2008 09:40 PM

read the link in my signature...

if you have further questions about cams...search for the ams cam comparison

JdmSyndicate Jul 23, 2008 06:38 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys. So I've got an idea now that cams will net me 30 to 40 awhp. Now if I want to upgrade the turbo what turbo can I get that will put me in the Mid 400's range in horsepower? Also I imagine that I will need to upgrade my clutch and flywheel for that kind of power. What brand would you guys recommend?

Chemwarrior Jul 23, 2008 07:10 AM

You might want to do a search in the Engine forum because there are many threads there that discuss this very topic.

ohsobaked Jul 23, 2008 02:35 PM

cams

selp Jul 23, 2008 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by hytek369 (Post 5919847)
S1s suppose to idle close to stock

with my evo ix they dont idle nothing like stock.
they are lopey and sound awesome.
i love them

JdmSyndicate Jul 23, 2008 02:57 PM

Anybody have any ideas what turbo kits I could use to get to mid 400's? Can that power be reached with an FP red turbo without running anykind of meth, or alky?