EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   when you dont have your Evo... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/431861-when-you-dont-have-your-evo.html)

xDJ_Aeonx Jul 6, 2009 12:21 AM

when you dont have your Evo...

So my clutch went out, just had one ordered tonight and I have to wait until tuesday for the new one to get delivered. Then gotta wait for it to be installed. Until then, im driving my uncles damn Yukon, waay different from driving an evo. Feels like im driving a damn boat on the street.{thumbdwn}

How do you guys deal with not having your car?

Evokid8 Jul 6, 2009 12:35 AM

better than being a high school kid with ONE car when my t case went out i hitchhiked rides afterschool in the parking lot and stayed home all day drowning in sorrow!....

manofhonor Jul 6, 2009 12:37 AM

i really dont like not having my evo. i have to drive my old wrx that has many, many problems.

xDJ_Aeonx Jul 6, 2009 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Evokid8 (Post 7248239)
better than being a high school kid with ONE car when my t case went out i hitchhiked rides afterschool in the parking lot and stayed home all day drowning in sorrow!....

I mean i only have ONE car, im just borrowing my uncles truck. I did have to ride to work today on my bmx though, not fun, 2 miles, and lots of hills...

Evokid8 Jul 6, 2009 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by xDJ_Aeonx (Post 7248254)
I mean i only have ONE car, im just borrowing my uncles truck. I did have to ride to work today on my bmx though, not fun, 2 miles, and lots of hills...

but i had no one else to borrow...and a BMX lol!!! well i did have my TL (two legs)

William254 Jul 6, 2009 01:36 AM

yeah my evo is my dd too. thats y i have to plan shiz out when its gettin work done or if it ever breaks im screwed

RonnieBVIII Jul 6, 2009 01:37 AM

I know what you mean. I have a G35 as my other car but I don't even like driving that. Nothing gives you the feeling the evo gives.

Cali2MDevo8 Jul 6, 2009 01:38 AM

Having a daily driver is essential to owning an evo. My car has been in the shop for a month. I'm glad I have my 1995 Civic Ex!!!!

tortyklubevo Jul 6, 2009 03:15 AM

+1 on my evo being my dd.. my evo is in the shop right now and wont be seing her for about a month

97TSiAWD Jul 6, 2009 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8 (Post 7248310)
Having a daily driver is essential to owning an evo. My car has been in the shop for a month. I'm glad I have my 1995 Civic Ex!!!!

Agreed. I think a daily driver is essential if you have any car that you are going to modify. I went through the one car thing in the past (my Talon), and am glad I don't have to worry about getting the car fixed up on a certain day in order to get somewhere.

That being said, I still don't like when I can't drive the Evo. The G8 GT is a nice car, but it's definitely not as fun as the Evo.

elijahcole92 Jul 6, 2009 06:33 AM

Just daydream about all the fun rides you can have once you get your evo back

xphillipjrx Jul 6, 2009 11:00 AM

I am driving my wife's Lexus SUV and it sucks not being behind the wheel of my Evo. Double sucks during the rare sighting of another Evo...

evoix16 Jul 6, 2009 11:05 AM

I have and 06 Rsx Types S as my daily but miss the evo so much when its down. Its sooooooo slow lol

Kracka Jul 6, 2009 11:06 AM

I rock the passenger seat of my fiancee's '07 WRX :(

newevil Jul 6, 2009 11:11 AM

i feel your pain my evos down now im stuck driving an f-150.