EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Power Folding Mirrors (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/486275-power-folding-mirrors.html)

Skylineracer Apr 13, 2010 07:02 PM

Power Folding Mirrors

I was wondering how many guys in the US have power folding mirrors?
I am in the process of my install and have half of it done. Video this weekend {thumbup}

SavEVOIX Apr 13, 2010 09:55 PM

What are you using? Are the JDM ones power? I was thinking this the other day as I had some JDM power folding mirrors on my Si. I always fold my mirrors and would love an alarm system to do it for me.

CJ2X Apr 14, 2010 03:31 AM

The JDM ones are powered. I have the on my 5 and every other vehicle out here has them.

Skylineracer Apr 14, 2010 04:28 AM

yeah i am using jdm powered mirrors.

SavEVOIX Apr 14, 2010 08:32 AM

Is there also a interior button for the mirrors to fold them as well?

Skylineracer Apr 14, 2010 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by SavEVOIX (Post 8199602)
Is there also a interior button for the mirrors to fold them as well?

not yet, i might add a button or just use my alarm's auxiliary outputs.

if i ever find the stock button i will buy that

crazybaldhead Apr 14, 2010 11:15 AM

With the stock JDM 8 GSR, if you push the "lock" button on the alarm three times and hold it for two seconds, all the windows wind up and the mirrors fold in. If you forget to open your mirrors, they automatically do so when you cross 40KMPH.

PaperClip Apr 14, 2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by crazybaldhead (Post 8200311)
With the stock JDM 8 GSR, if you push the "lock" button on the alarm three times and hold it for two seconds, all the windows wind up and the mirrors fold in. If you forget to open your mirrors, they automatically do so when you cross 40KMPH.

Man Mitsu really left the US out on all the cool little things:(

Skylineracer Apr 14, 2010 12:32 PM

god i hate you guys! i might try the auto fold out thing with a vehicle speed sensor signal to trip a ground which will activate my current setup

~EVILEVO~ Apr 14, 2010 01:14 PM

where did you find the mirrors?

SavEVOIX Apr 14, 2010 02:51 PM

I've never seen a stock CT9A interior power folding switch/buton.

I'd love to get one.

I found this on ebay...Evo 3 power folding switch

Skylineracer Apr 14, 2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~ (Post 8200721)
where did you find the mirrors?

from a member who put them up for sale 2 weeks ago

Originally Posted by SavEVOIX (Post 8201110)
I've never seen a stock CT9A interior power folding switch/buton.

I'd love to get one.

I found this on ebay...Evo 3 power folding switch

it looks like our stock mirror switch with a little extra button next to the L + R switch if i remember correctly

EvoVan Apr 14, 2010 04:07 PM

There is a button to fold and unfold the mirrors on the interior of the III-VI JDM.

~EVILEVO~ Apr 14, 2010 04:11 PM

well if you get it to work thats awesome, i would love to do this... post pics if you can.

Skylineracer Apr 14, 2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~ (Post 8201355)
well if you get it to work thats awesome, i would love to do this... post pics if you can.

i have it working but just on the drivers mirror and its wired to my alarm's aux channels