EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   MITSU LineUp: if the evo is killed what would you buy next? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/542822-mitsu-lineup-if-evo-killed-what-would-you-buy-next.html)

NJ_evoIXgsr Mar 3, 2011 09:41 AM

MITSU LineUp: if the evo is killed what would you buy next?

The only mitsubishi's that come close to catching my attention is the evo and the eclipse (owned a 2g gst - first car). All other mitsubishi's look like i pooped it out. I liked the concept RA and sucks they never even released it.

What will you buy after your evo? FROM MITSU after the lack of compassion for the evo community?

wth the eclipses only come with sporttronic bulljob. guessing paddle shifter

-belay my last on the eclipses

stryderlis Mar 3, 2011 09:50 AM

Nothing!

Raptord Mar 3, 2011 09:54 AM

Keeping my IX forever, hehe :thumbup:

boosted_EJ1 Mar 3, 2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by stryderlis (Post 9125018)
Nothing!

I was going to say the same thing. Honestlly no mitsubishis besides the evo have done any thing for me since 99. :'(

19EVO91 Mar 3, 2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by stryderlis (Post 9125018)
Nothing!

ditto

NJ_evoIXgsr Mar 3, 2011 10:03 AM

wth is mitsubishi thinking if they end it. I was waiting for supposed 2013 release for the hybrid xi. I guess that may be annexed!

nvisan Mar 3, 2011 10:03 AM

Gotta agree with you guys mitsubishi is going to lose a lot by discontinuing the evolution line. They got some feedback from the eclipse community but the majority of their feedback came from the evo followers. From the looks of it they are going to lose touch with their customer base and wit how poor their marketing team is I don't see them boosting any sales across their entire lineup.

NJ_evoIXgsr Mar 3, 2011 10:05 AM

btw, glad to see i'm not alone on my feelings towards mitsubishi over this. slap in the face to the evo. atleast subbies are moving forward.

RoadSpike Mar 3, 2011 10:13 AM

I'm keeping my eyes on the FT86 concept which is a tandem subie/toyota fling. Its not AWD but if i need that i'll hunt a porsche or GTR for the next play toy.

nvisan Mar 3, 2011 10:18 AM

Agreed, will definately step up to a gtr after this. I refuse to go to the subie side lol. Cobb in town swears by the gtr's and I'm pretty impressed with what they've done with theirs. Can't really justify the 911 turbo for the extra $50k on top of the gtr lol.

metalsaber Mar 3, 2011 10:26 AM

So explain to me how someone is going to go from a $20k-$30k car to an $80k car (gtr)?

If you had that kind of money you would have bought one in the 1st place or you going to wait 10yrs till they are down to the price of a used EVO?

nvisan Mar 3, 2011 10:40 AM

Just started my engineering career this last year and got a side company started up in my off time. Fresh graduate lol.

Locdizzel Mar 3, 2011 10:44 AM

time to start saving a gtr r34

RoadSpike Mar 3, 2011 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by metalsaber (Post 9125134)
So explain to me how someone is going to go from a $20k-$30k car to an $80k car (gtr)?

If you had that kind of money you would have bought one in the 1st place or you going to wait 10yrs till they are down to the price of a used EVO?

I wouldn't say its quite that astonishing of a jump though special considerations for insurance need to be considered. If you wait for oh about 3-4years or so the GTR depreciates down into the 50kish range depending on millage. I figure if i wait a little longer it will be in the high 40's for a little older of a GTR.

metalsaber Mar 3, 2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by RoadSpike (Post 9125218)
I wouldn't say its quite that astonishing of a jump though special considerations for insurance need to be considered. If you wait for oh about 3-4years or so the GTR depreciates down into the 50kish range depending on millage. I figure if i wait a little longer it will be in the high 40's for a little older of a GTR.

But considering that the cost of ownership is no where near that of an EVO, I wouldn't be in a rush to own one unless you have a good job.

A used corvette or porsche offers as much enjoyment at a fraction of the cost. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own one but I'm a little too practical. The idea of a year salary going to pay for the car seems too steep. :lol:

blackenedwings Mar 3, 2011 12:13 PM

I have no intention of getting rid of my IX anytime soon, but if I did buy a new car it wouldn't be a Mitsu. I don't even like the X's and with only hybrid/electric in the future screw Mitsu. GTR is the only new car I really want and I would feel bad gutting it.

overdrive1 Mar 3, 2011 12:31 PM

This is good news and they pretty much had stopped making an EVO after the IX, they just didnt know. my IX just got a lot more valuable....and I hated anything newer than the IX anyway. A few more years to an R34 GTR and Im all set for a long time.

dasilveira Mar 3, 2011 02:28 PM

keep the evo forever of course. but if anything im sticking with the AWD turbo so probably and STI

han Mar 3, 2011 02:57 PM

350z or hopefully the toyota ft86's producing soon

revvin9k Mar 3, 2011 03:01 PM

OMFG...no more Evo.....

the posts are getting a wee bit outta control at this point. There are sooooo many threads identical to this........

If you didn't drive an Evo....what would you drive...blah, blah.

Dallas J Mar 3, 2011 03:15 PM

Something AWD and hybrid or diesel. Im thinking of maybe a used Grand Cherokee CRD.

Evo aint going anywhere anytime soon, but if it does it would be for a C6 Z06.

Baxtersevo Mar 3, 2011 03:45 PM

Idk that would you buy another Mitsubishi. It's all about the evo for me. Oh well I guess..

4g63evoeight Mar 3, 2011 04:34 PM

don't plan on getting anything else.. but if i did it would be either a
c6z06
996 911tt
anthracite mk4 supra with a single.

i'll just stick with my 20k dream car.. my evo ix rs!

KWezzy Mar 3, 2011 04:40 PM

don't have to worry about it because we still have evo's they will never be killed lol

blaze-619 Mar 3, 2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by KWezzy (Post 9126527)
don't have to worry about it because we still have evo's they will never be killed lol

+1 ill never get rid of my evo.

Night479 Mar 3, 2011 07:11 PM

keep the evo, maybe focus rs, awd cruze, 370z, or just buy more evos lol{thumbup}

sblvro Mar 3, 2011 07:21 PM

ATTENTION MITSUBISHI! if the evo goes away, my choice would be the GTR or the P car! keep the EVO!

NJ_evoIXgsr Mar 4, 2011 06:15 AM

it's a simple question for those crying about threads above. I was planning to purchase the xi so I'm seeing what others have seen that can compare to the almighty.

it looks like everyone has their own preferences and nothing solid as far as a poll would go. I know everyone would love to get a hand on a GTR but that isn't realistic for most of us.

so maybe I should have been more realistic.

those who are going to buy their next car in the realm of the evo price base: below 35k

What would be your next car and what can match upto the evo?

I think subbie will take my money though I have looked on nasioc and not impressed at all by the 2011. I hate the bulky nasty lines but love the interior versus the evo.

I am a fan of old school so.

2007 subbie stY
2006 g35
1997 Toyota Supra Limited edition
another 2006 evo MR SE
2005 Lotus Elise

I would be interested in more details for the FT86 - exterior looks sex futuristic (if the production vehicles come out the same way)

The price range of all vehicles above are realistic and yes I have researched each vehicle.

Is there anything interesting coming out that I may have missed?

wht95scort Mar 4, 2011 07:18 AM

This is and will be my first and only :mitsu: I own. I love my IX and the new evo's dont really do anything for me. Its fine that Mitsubishi wants to go green but you dont need to do that to your one and only selling car?? Make a new specific car geared toward "green" like all other car company's. Every car company has there performance car and they need that. There are more people out there that will end up buying the sports car then there are greenie weenies out there. Vette, GTR, ISF, LFA, S8, mustang. No offense Mitsu but if you get rid of the Evo you mine as well just leave the states altogether.

As for my next car I will most likely just go back to my roots and buy a Ford. {thumbup}

Lumpy Mar 4, 2011 07:27 AM

I don't think I'd buy anything from Mitsubishi in the future after this latest move. First, they void warranties, treating their enthusiasts like a fly on their back, and now they do this? Plain and simple, Mitsubishi obviously doesn't want my business. With all due respect, I'd rather take my money to Subaru.

Kasaper Mar 4, 2011 07:40 AM

Love my EVO IX RS, it will stay in my garage forever! Still a nice DD I might be looking at a X.

goodhart Mar 4, 2011 08:08 AM

pfft, if the Evo goes away, I sure as heck won't buy any other Mitsu cars. My wife's galant is ok, but something nicer for her next car would be nice too.

My next car if Evo's go away? Right here:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_618475_n.jpg

NJ_evoIXgsr Mar 4, 2011 08:27 AM

^no disrespect but looks like it's trying to hard.

IMO, doesn't flow cleanly but everyone has their own rights and opinions. I'd say go for it, absolutely nothing wrong with going with a high end lexus!

Boostd4 Mar 4, 2011 08:33 AM

Well, once my IX is paid off, a new GTR will be landing in the garage next to it.

goodhart Mar 4, 2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by NJ_evoIXgsr (Post 9128525)
^no disrespect but looks like it's trying to hard.

IMO, doesn't flow cleanly but everyone has their own rights and opinions. I'd say go for it, absolutely nothing wrong with going with a high end lexus!

I wouldn't be getting it for the looks, I would be getting it for the 5.0 V8, 13.0sec 1/4 Mile time stock (advertised anyways) 8 speed trans, Torsen rear difff, and the luxury of a Lexus haha

llDemonll Mar 4, 2011 08:50 AM

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/93ftl0

On Thursday 3rd March 2011, @mitsucars said:

Production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned.
As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture.

MMC has kept the Lancer Evolution sedan evolving as the brand's highest performing model in the global market. However, as the market's needs and demands change, MMC is considering not advancing the Lancer Evolution concept in the same way as before, but to find a different direction for the Lancer Evolution model to evolve. The new direction, the technologies involved, and corresponding products will be disclosed in due course.
Not exactly debunked, but definitely not saying the evo is dead

jackbenimbo Mar 4, 2011 08:51 AM

I just think its funny for some to say it is unrealistic for a nice, somewhat high priced car for most people here in the future...although this may not hold true for everyone, i love cars and im 22, in 5...8...10 years, i still seeing myself loving cars, and with the amount of money ill be making after obtaining my masters and starting a family, i do not see why i would NOT pick up another fun, fast car lolol.

The way I look at it is if you've already spent what...25k on a car and thrown an average of atleast what...5k into in mods (and im just averaging here from what ive seen in terms of mods for a lot of people) and then you take into an account that the average age of evo owners on this board ALONE is 28 and under....how would you be able to afford a car like this now and not a decent one in the future? and i know for a fact theres many here that already support a family as well

metalsaber Mar 4, 2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by jackbenimbo (Post 9128626)
I just think its funny for some to say it is unrealistic for a nice, somewhat high priced car for most people here in the future...although this may not hold true for everyone, i love cars and im 22, in 5...8...10 years, i still seeing myself loving cars, and with the amount of money ill be making after obtaining my masters and starting a family, i do not see why i would NOT pick up another fun, fast car lolol.

The way I look at it is if you've already spent what...25k on a car and thrown an average of atleast what...5k into in mods (and im just averaging here from what ive seen in terms of mods for a lot of people) and then you take into an account that the average age of evo owners on this board ALONE is 28 and under....how would you be able to afford a car like this now and not a decent one in the future? and i know for a fact theres many here that already support a family as well

Ummm you see lots of owners that bought used and paid under $20k for their evos and down to the low teens for an 03. Big difference.

Now you start throwing in family and house plans, your money isn't what it used to be assuming you were single and living out home.

jackbenimbo Mar 4, 2011 09:15 AM

thats true to an extent. yes you can find owners that paid under 20k but even searching on this forum you can see how much money people put into their cars...all these 400hp evo's arent a couple hundred bucks....

yea when you throw in a family and a house your right. but then again as you get older, in theory your pay should go up. so for most people that are working full time given that they have some kind of degree of course or plan to obtain one, and are still into cars, I dont see a reason why you wouldnt be able to afford a nice car later on. people do it all the time.

deuces

e.v.o IX Mar 4, 2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by goodhart (Post 9128434)
pfft, if the Evo goes away, I sure as heck won't buy any other Mitsu cars. My wife's galant is ok, but something nicer for her next car would be nice too.

My next car if Evo's go away? Right here:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_618475_n.jpg

thats what i would end up getting.. the IS-F or the 4dr M3...

revvin9k Mar 4, 2011 10:02 AM

I believe there are plans for a GS-F as well.....

metalsaber Mar 4, 2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by jackbenimbo (Post 9128719)
thats true to an extent. yes you can find owners that paid under 20k but even searching on this forum you can see how much money people put into their cars...all these 400hp evo's arent a couple hundred bucks....

yea when you throw in a family and a house your right. but then again as you get older, in theory your pay should go up. so for most people that are working full time given that they have some kind of degree of course or plan to obtain one, and are still into cars, I dont see a reason why you wouldnt be able to afford a nice car later on. people do it all the time.

deuces

Well I make a bit of money and am single, but couldn't see how it would be affordable.

suby2evo Mar 4, 2011 10:18 AM

In all honesty I HATE Mitsubishi, it is my least favorite japanese company. That is why I previously owned a suby. With that said, The evo is truly something special I absolutely LOVE my car! :)

gsrboi80 Mar 4, 2011 10:21 AM

Evo's paid off and will never get rid of it. Once my Astra is paid off GF is getting a new JGC and I'm getting a used M3, CTSV, or NSX {thumbup}

The Evo is my winter car so...

initialdrew Mar 4, 2011 10:37 AM

For the guys that says GTR after the evo....have you looked at the prices of mods for the car? It's F'ing an arm and a leg. unless you plan to sell one of your kidneys.

Boostd4 Mar 4, 2011 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by initialdrew (Post 9129025)
For the guys that says GTR after the evo....have you looked at the prices of mods for the car? It's F'ing an arm and a leg. unless you plan to sell one of your kidneys.

Well, if you're looking into a GTR and don't have GTR money in the first place...mods really shouldn't be the concern.

MonstarEVO Mar 4, 2011 11:21 AM

Motorboat!

http://members.cox.net/evomr/christinaAmerie.gif

+

http://www.isubscribe.co.uk/images/c...4207162050.jpg

=

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertai...g-crashers.jpg

MonstarEVO Mar 4, 2011 11:26 AM

^^

Im with this guy! I'd buy a motorboat! Remember the movie step brothers? that music video they made? Boats and *BLEEP*!

blackenedwings Mar 4, 2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by initialdrew (Post 9129025)

The cost of the mods is bad enough, but you are almost certainly going to void your warranty, and anything major (like doing what I've done to my Evo) is severely going to detract from its streetability. I don't mind driving around in a gutted caged Evo... but the GTR I would think twice about doing anything other than very minor bolt-ons. Also because cars depreciate so dramatically I would never buy a new GTR, either purchasing one used or leasing a new one and leaving it alone.

e.v.o IX Mar 4, 2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by revvin9k (Post 9128906)
I believe there are plans for a GS-F as well.....

yea.. i just looked it up after you posted this... v10, about 460 to 500hp.. price expected to be around 70 to 80k. maybe the isf is a more reachable asset to obtain!

phrequenc Mar 4, 2011 05:31 PM

i dont even own an evo, but after seeing what they are doing.. i might just not even get a IX

Sinister8 Mar 4, 2011 07:58 PM

I would buy a srt-8 jeep grand cherokee or a 2003 RS6.

Sharkbite2000 Mar 4, 2011 08:00 PM

GTR stock is more than enough for the street and highway fun :)

Kracka Mar 4, 2011 08:50 PM

GTR
135i
FT-86
STI

(most likely in that order)

twabtoxer Mar 4, 2011 09:18 PM

mitsubishi turbo colt awd

Esvees Mar 4, 2011 09:44 PM

Definitely not another Mitsu...

My car ought to last at least a few more years or more, by that point you could probably pick up a GTR with most of the depreciation done; and honestly, I don't think engine mods are the problem. I think it's fast enough out of the box, but don't like the weight and lack of 4-wheel drifting :(

Another option might be the new BMW 1 Series M, if they get it right.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/...es-m-coupe.jpg

Don't think I'd get an Sti, unless they can get it to turn close to the way an evo does.

Well, and in 5 years....Hyundai are on a roll lately, maybe they'll have so much cash they turn the Genesis into a serious contender :lol:

An04EVO Mar 4, 2011 10:13 PM

BMW 335xi, if I could afford it and no Evo.

KWezzy Mar 5, 2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by jackbenimbo (Post 9128719)

deuces

+1 Man everything you said from this post and the one before are true, a gtr can be brought if the money and the career is right. Shoot look at all the old people(50yrs old+) going down to the shore with the top of the line Cadillacs and Porsches.

henrys Mar 5, 2011 06:35 AM

Cadillac CTS-V for the 550hp supercharged v8 pimp factor. Whoopin ass with the A/C blowin and sippin a latte. :lol:

KWezzy Mar 5, 2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by henrys (Post 9131188)
Cadillac CTS-V for the 550hp supercharged v8 pimp factor. Whoopin ass with the A/C blowin and sippin a latte. :lol:

haha they are impressive cars

4cdndctn Mar 5, 2011 08:24 AM

Since mine is basically track duty only, I'd consider a P-Car Turbo or R8. Plenty of techs by me and I could stop garnishing my wages to aftermarket companies (Evo is paid off).

tdubbz Mar 5, 2011 09:17 AM

the EVO died for me back in 2006.

nvisan Mar 5, 2011 09:28 AM

If you want to be realistic for under $40k I would begin hunting down nobles. As long as you're willing to work on it yourself.

nvisan Mar 5, 2011 09:31 AM

And honestly for all the x haters out there think of how stupid your arguement is. The car weighs a couple hundred pounds more ergo I hate it.

metalsaber Mar 5, 2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by nvisan (Post 9131515)
And honestly for all the x haters out there think of how stupid your arguement is. The car weighs a couple hundred pounds more ergo I hate it.

I think the dislike is more than the extra weight.

An04EVO Mar 5, 2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by NJ_evoIXgsr (Post 9124990)
The only mitsubishi's that come close to catching my attention is the evo and the eclipse (owned a 2g gst - first car). All other mitsubishi's look like i pooped it out. I liked the concept RA and sucks they never even released it.

What will you buy after your evo? FROM MITSU after the lack of compassion for the evo community?

wth the eclipses only come with sporttronic bulljob. guessing paddle shifter

-belay my last on the eclipses

I would buy a lightly used EVO instead of a brand new one. That's if one could be had.

dabeast Mar 5, 2011 06:55 PM

ill get a sti and have the plates say "EFFEVOS" ;) :lol:
i would like to keep my evo forever, but if i was to buy another car MAYBE a skyline MAYBE. i really never thought about it before.

dabeast Mar 5, 2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tdubbz (Post 9131475)
the evo died for me back in 2006.

+1

Raistlin Mar 5, 2011 07:01 PM

I plan on keeping my 8.

I might look to get another evo later on after this one is paid for, maybe somehow get a 7 or maybe a 9 MR.

It would be sweet to have a 7.

Highboost26 Mar 6, 2011 12:33 AM

I Like the ctsv , supercharged one.

dzevo Mar 6, 2011 05:28 AM

ouch!

codgi Mar 6, 2011 07:19 AM

Keeping my VIII for a track car and will try to buy a used low mileage X (once the prices haven't gotten ridiculous). If they have, then either a new STi sedan (assuming I like the looks) or an S4, 335xi. I need my AWD.

596736 Mar 6, 2011 07:39 AM

As much as I love my evo its kind of ironic that after 5 years of ownership it has made me never want to own a mitsubishi vehicle ever again. I guess its a love/hate thing.

For me, the new wrx or 135 has really peaked my interest.

Raistlin Mar 6, 2011 07:50 AM

The only thing I have not liked about my evo or my lancer is the temp control knob. Eventhat is fixable though, all I need to do is by the kit.

Other than that I have to say mine has treated me well. Of course I have used every bit of my God given abilities to maintain it properly and do anything I have to it.

phrequenc Mar 6, 2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by 596736 (Post 9133625)
As much as I love my evo its kind of ironic that after 5 years of ownership it has made me never want to own a mitsubishi vehicle ever again. I guess its a love/hate thing.

For me, the new wrx or 135 has really peaked my interest.

what makes you hate it?

_______ Mar 6, 2011 08:26 AM

Very true

D-Evo Mar 6, 2011 08:27 AM

As the world changes, so do we all. I will keep my special interest car to play with, and most likely purchase "transportation" that will be efficient and allow me to burn gas to have fun.
As far as Mitsubishi goes, there is not much in their line up and dealer network that will keep ANYBODY interested, whether it be us enthusiasts or Mom and Pop.

NJ_evoIXgsr Mar 6, 2011 11:47 AM

I think the evo X is just a different animal just slightly less aggressive than it's predecessors without the iron block but still has maintained it's evolution.

what about the wrx or 135 makes it better than the X?

I still think the X takes the cake versus other cars..... I think the WW version is the dominant/best color for it. I think the best thing about the IX vs X. The IX needed no exterior mods besides a jdm rear to look GREAT! the X needs some exterior mods to look tasteful. Power looks like it can be added just as easily but heard there are major difference of feeling that power put down. I have not driven an X but I would not purchase one more than I purchased my IX.

Robevo RS Mar 6, 2011 11:52 AM

So?

Robevo RS Mar 6, 2011 11:53 AM

Subaru STI

danny_ha Mar 6, 2011 12:06 PM

Sti

Anonymouse Mar 6, 2011 12:55 PM

Dear Mitsubishi,

Do something cool like another Eclipse GSX or Starion. Use the 4B11T.

Yours truly,
Evo Owner

P.S., can you make it lighter than 3000lbs?

HGOTBOOST Mar 6, 2011 02:01 PM

C6 ZO6.
Single Turbo Supra.

Something with a top end.

596736 Mar 6, 2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by PhrequenC (Post 9133697)
what makes you hate it?

The fact that its a 30k car that gives me 15k car headaches and the horrible dealerships.

barneyb Mar 7, 2011 11:33 AM

I bought my '03 new and it now has 72K miles. If it doesn't get smacked I hope to get at least 200K out of it. At the rate I am putting on mileage, that would be another 15 years of driving this car.

I am about to turn 65 so after another 15 years I would be 80. So, I figure, my next set of wheels will be a walker. :crap:

silver9mr Mar 7, 2011 07:45 PM

ill just keep driving mine forever haha

dizzumnut Mar 7, 2011 07:57 PM

all good things must come to an end. look at the bright side,the new electric mitsu cars will gve an sti a fighting chance lol

SAVAGEcorpsman Mar 7, 2011 08:04 PM

I guess subbies won the fight...

I am keeping my Evo

GTR coming up