EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   FF Turbo Kit and AC (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/544602-ff-turbo-kit-ac.html)

EvoPauly Mar 12, 2011 03:58 PM

FF Turbo Kit and AC

Ok so im thinking going with forward facing turbo kit, but i wanna still have ac in my car lol, i know i would have get custom ac lines, run a half size radiator and use a honda condeser. i just wanted to know is there anyone who has done it before and if so were there any problems????

sho669 Mar 12, 2011 06:31 PM

There are a couple cars that are going to be running FF w/ac that I've read about here.

One thing I'm curious to see is if the system will still be able to cool the car properly. I know when the f-150 changed bodystyles to the current model the ac condenser was too small and the cab didn't get as cold as people wanted, had to put bigger cores in there.

Since the ac on my IX sucked anyways I threw that crap in the trash and went FF...well thats not the only reason ;) I'm waiting to see how the half sized setups turn out but I have a feeling they won't work well :(

erald01 Mar 12, 2011 06:36 PM

FF turbo kits are not meant for DD because the half radiator will not cool the car properly and the AC can not be run with FF turbo kit.

SmurfZilla Mar 12, 2011 06:51 PM

Not true there a few people running ff kits daily with no issues. AC still blows cold. Many companies make a half cut radiator that people run for reasons other then having a FF kit and they cool fine, even in hot climates.

erald01 Mar 12, 2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla (Post 9153681)
Not true there a few people running ff kits daily with no issues. AC still blows cold. Many companies make a half cut radiator that people run for reasons other then having a FF kit and they cool fine, even in hot climates.

Yeah you can but your car will never cool like it does with regular size radiator. You can increase the thickness of the half size radiator to hold just as much fluid BUT you are reducing the surface area which is important to cooling properly.

EvoPauly Mar 13, 2011 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla (Post 9153681)

yea ill definately want my ac to be super coldd:D

SmurfZilla Mar 13, 2011 08:49 AM

I guess I'm not as concerned since my Evo will not be my primary vehicle anymore.

EvoPauly Mar 13, 2011 09:41 AM

well im most likely moving to miami, n i hatee hot weather lol, i use ac all year round in and out my car lol , im sorta thinking of not going with FF Now, i really want it but ehh

Exclusiveind187 Mar 13, 2011 09:48 AM

Psh just roll the windows down and let ur hair blow in the wind...lmao

4G63kevin Mar 13, 2011 10:12 AM

I'd be down to run a ff if it retains ac. Cali summers are blazing hot. hahha

SmurfZilla Mar 14, 2011 09:06 AM

There are a few people working making something in terms of a kit for AC and FF turbo kits.

But like I stated......you can def. run AC and have the FF turbo kit, without the car over heating.

EvoPauly Mar 14, 2011 07:27 PM

i think i might just have a custom manifold made