EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   darrn stylez >=[ (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/545754-darrn-stylez.html)

EVO_N9NE Mar 19, 2011 05:29 AM

darrn stylez >=[

i was suppose to drive to cali yesterday and now i'm stuck in killeen.. they spray painted the new bumper that i purchased while it was on the car without covering the the engine bay and now the radiator, fmic, icp's, even the horn is apex silver -_-".. on top of that they forgot to place the bumper lip back on and paint it black. that's not the worst part. when they pulled out my from the garage it sounded like a F***ing lawn mower!!! we popped the hood and what do you know they busted a manifold gasket. not only am i going to cali to spend time with my family now i have to wait until wednesday for them to completely finish it and plus fix the gasket.. i guess i'm just venting.. and i'm bored.. and i've been up for 18hrs due to this situation and i'm running on nothing but jager with red bull -_-"... but other than that the evo looks pretty sick with the new varis side skirts =]

CJ2X Mar 19, 2011 10:19 AM

Why would they paint the bumper on the car? They didn't think to take it off..?

FJF Mar 19, 2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by EVO_N9NE (Post 9170207)
i was suppose to drive to cali yesterday and now i'm stuck in killeen.. they spray painted the new bumper that i purchased while it was on the car without covering the the engine bay and now the radiator, fmic, icp's, even the horn is apex silver -_-".. on top of that they forgot to place the bumper lip back on and paint it black. that's not the worst part. when they pulled out my from the garage it sounded like a F***ing lawn mower!!! we popped the hood and what do you know they busted a manifold gasket. not only am i going to cali to spend time with my family now i have to wait until wednesday for them to completely finish it and plus fix the gasket.. i guess i'm just venting.. and i'm bored.. and i've been up for 18hrs due to this situation and i'm running on nothing but jager with red bull -_-"... but other than that the evo looks pretty sick with the new varis side skirts =]

Let me see if I get this straight: You take your car to a body shop (?) to have its front clip and its lip painted. You, then, return to find the whole front of the car sprayed, including the rad, the FMIC (is that the AMS FMIC you just got) and everything else in between. You also find your car with a blown gasket, allowing for a distinct possibility that it was driven very hard during your absence. It sounds like the shop is responsible for causing damage leaning into the thousands, but at least the Varis sideskirts look nice. Is this what happened?

EVO_N9NE Mar 20, 2011 09:53 PM

very much so FJF. i'm really pissed about this

chaotichoax Mar 20, 2011 10:57 PM

sounds like a pretty epic body shop

406EVO Mar 20, 2011 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by chaotichoax (Post 9173987)
sounds like a pretty epic body shop

Has to be top of the line :updown:
Was this "body shop" someone's garage?

EVO_N9NE Mar 21, 2011 12:38 AM

yeah tell me about it. they worked on my car before and i was more than satisfied with the results but for some reason this time they shoved their heads up their asses or something.

xmaciek82x Mar 21, 2011 07:24 AM

What? No pics?

EVO_N9NE Mar 21, 2011 11:31 AM

pics will come up once i get the car back =]

05blue8 Mar 21, 2011 11:52 AM

I think he's still in Killeen right now :(

kevinlubitski Mar 21, 2011 12:24 PM

Did you put the bumper on yourself unpainted and give it to them? I can't see any shop other than MAACO doing something that dumb?

EVO_N9NE Mar 21, 2011 12:32 PM

i'm stuck here in tx because of them -_-".. i could be in cali right now rollin with my bro and uncle who both have evos. no i came in the shop with the stock body and gave the the am body. i gave them a whole week to finish my car and it seems like they painted it that day the i was suppose to get it back. gawd this makes me irritated again

llDemonll Mar 21, 2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by kevinlubitski (Post 9175400)
Did you put the bumper on yourself unpainted and give it to them? I can't see any shop other than MAACO doing something that dumb?

even maaco will tape things off...lol

FJF Mar 21, 2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by EVO_N9NE (Post 9175423)
no i came in the shop with the stock body and gave the the am body. i gave them a whole week to finish my car and it seems like they painted it that day the i was suppose to get it back. gawd this makes me irritated again

What has the shop said? Will they reimburse you for the damages? Do they have insurance? Are you ready to take this further, if needed? I mean, there's a lot of money at stake here. :crap:

EVO_N9NE Mar 21, 2011 02:30 PM

well they're going to fix the gasket issue and the paint issue so at least they're doing that. its just my time that they wasted is what gets me. not having to driv emy car for 2 weeks hurts