EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Deleting the SRS light? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/550144-deleting-srs-light.html)

bbak11010 Apr 11, 2011 01:10 PM

Deleting the SRS light?

hey all,
I am getting the SRS light on after my first try to evo scan through the tatrix cable. The car has an aftermarket steering wheel and I beleive the previous owner had it off when he got a tune.
All i did with evo scan was try logging the car. Has this happened to anyone of you?
So, I'm trying to see if there is any way to delete this SRS light using evoscan, or ecuflash.
Any help is appreciateed!! Thanks,

MR Real LA Apr 11, 2011 01:36 PM

you can add some resistors in the airbag connector so that the srs light doesnt go off...i recently put on an aftermarket wheel also, and the resistors keep the srs light from coming on....

bbak11010 Apr 11, 2011 02:24 PM

thanks for sharing that with me. However, I would like to know if there is way to do it through evoscan or ecuflash. It was never on until I plugged in the tatrix cable. I dont know why but im thinking it caused it???

bbak11010 Apr 12, 2011 12:55 PM

anybody???

benderrodriguez Oct 10, 2011 06:28 AM

Is there a way to turn the light off if you are removing the system (both airbags module, ect) ???

gsrboi80 Oct 10, 2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by benderrodriguez (Post 9661088)
Is there a way to turn the light off if you are removing the system (both airbags module, ect) ???

If you're removing both bags and all just pull the bulb out if you don't like seeing it

vmrevo9 Oct 10, 2011 06:42 AM

i know when i plug in the tactrix cable to my friend's evo 8 the SRS light comes on while the cable is plugged but goes away once we discoonect. maybe it triggered the system and now it "remembers" that there isnt an airbag. it is hard to say.

benderrodriguez Oct 10, 2011 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 9661099)
If you're removing both bags and all just pull the bulb out if you don't like seeing it

Whats the eaisest way to do that? The cluster seems like 1 big unit.

gsrboi80 Oct 10, 2011 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by benderrodriguez (Post 9661131)
Whats the eaisest way to do that? The cluster seems like 1 big unit.

IIRC 2 screws hold the cluster in, remove it, remove bulb from the back of it.

wingless Oct 10, 2011 07:36 AM

I believe it is a completely seperate system from the EFI ECU.

benderrodriguez Oct 10, 2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 9661193)
IIRC 2 screws hold the cluster in, remove it, remove bulb from the back of it.

Do you have a picture of the back of the unit where the buld is removable?

barneyb Oct 10, 2011 08:46 AM

Disconnect the battery. Tilt the steering column down. Remove the screws. Extract the cluster until you can disconnect the two electrical connectors. Pull the cluster. Remove the plastic plate on the back (some more screws).

There's the bulbs. BTW, when you reinstall the cluster you are likely to find that one or more of the illumination bulbs no longer works. They are on all of the time, high hour bulbs and very fragile. So, have them on hand and replace them or - do the job again.

ILoveAWD Oct 10, 2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80 (Post 9661099)

Well my light been on since I bought the car don't know if it's suppose to or not but I plan on removing the light bulb out of mines...

UpperDeck Oct 10, 2011 09:25 AM

just pull the light bulb out... simple and quick

wingless Oct 11, 2011 05:23 PM

If its a track car with aftermarket steering wheel and seat belt harness thats cool. If its a street car and you still have the OEM steering wheel and seat belts the SRS system might keep you from being dead. I had a steering wheel air bag save my arse when someone rear ended me at 50mph once...