EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Warm engine after rebuild (in engine brake in) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/559700-warm-engine-after-rebuild-engine-brake.html)

Mauricio Evo IV Jun 8, 2011 07:49 AM

Warm engine after rebuild (in engine brake in)

Hellos Guys.

One again I have a question for you.

I have a complete engine rebuild. Iīm in engine brake in right now, I the motor only have 500Km on it (312 miles) not WOT and nothing...all was ok, not issues.{thumbup}

Last weekend I traveled like 100 miles and on a slope the engine temperature went up... this happened three times to reach the city...

Right now, we tested for leakage of engine compression and nothing. the car was like three months out. If there is not leakage of engine compression, could be the radiator, I donīt know. But wanted to know what other problems may feel these engines warming???
What could be the cause of warming on slopes???:confused: and in traffic all is fine....

barneyb Jun 8, 2011 08:14 AM

With the engine cold, remove the radiator cap, check if the radiator is full and report back.

Mauricio Evo IV Jun 8, 2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by barneyb (Post 9377435)
With the engine cold, remove the radiator cap, check if the radiator is full and report back.

Hi, when the engine was warming, I saw its was throwing the water but did not see where! I put more water for continue my trip. When was cold the radiator need more water. the plastic deposit was full of water.

barneyb Jun 8, 2011 08:37 AM

Head gasket leak

Mauricio Evo IV Jun 8, 2011 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by barneyb (Post 9377501)
Head gasket leak

Like I say before, I did the leak test engine compression and nothing, everything is in order... so, can not be the head gasket.

barneyb Jun 8, 2011 08:55 AM

With a new build you should have used new hoses. So, if we can eliminate that, and the radiator is good, the over temperature events occurred during boost so cylinder pressure was high. This isn't something testing would reveal. Pushing water to the overflow jug is the classic symptom of a blown head gasket on this engine.

L@Ncer06 Jun 8, 2011 09:00 AM

Its the head gasket happend to a friend of mine we did the test and everything checked out but it was still warming up finally decided to take the head off an see what was going on and it was small tares in the head gasket. oh also check the torque on the head studs

Mauricio Evo IV Jun 8, 2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by L@Ncer06 (Post 9377587)
Its the head gasket happend to a friend of mine we did the test and everything checked out but it was still warming up finally decided to take the head off an see what was going on and it was small tares in the head gasket. oh also check the torque on the head studs

Hi.. So did you leak testing engine compression and all was finel?? I have to worry about....:crap:

1UpMoto Jun 8, 2011 09:11 PM

do a leak down test.

Boostedx11 Jun 8, 2011 10:01 PM

Pull the head or check your cylinders, what color is the coolant or your oil? any discoloration?

Mauricio Evo IV Jun 9, 2011 06:50 AM

It was the fu#%&ing radiator!!!!! The radiator was almost new. Its a PWR aluminium radiator. I never imagined it would have been the radiator. itīs went blocked out and inflated, so for that the warming.

evo8426 Jun 9, 2011 07:33 AM

What was wrong with the radiator?

Mauricio Evo IV Jun 9, 2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by evo8426 (Post 9380043)
What was wrong with the radiator?

As they told us that the inner tubes were inflated and obstructed the passage of water... Why?? I donīt know!:crap:
The conclusion is that the radiator does not work...

What about the Mishimoto brand????? I need a new one!!!