EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   throttle hang issue. need help (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/567718-throttle-hang-issue-need-help.html)

EvoJoeIX Jul 31, 2011 11:15 PM

throttle hang issue. need help

okay so my car seems to be having a throttle hang issue. when i shift the car will stay at the RPM i push the clutch in at for like 2 seconds.

but heres the kicker. sometimes the car will stay at the RPM i push the clutch in and not come down, and its kinda like the car is on cruise control. it will just stay at that RPM. to get the RPM's back to normal, i have to kinda give it full throttle for a second, then the throttle will not hang and idle will be normal.

why is this happening? is this something in the ECU? the car is stock ECU speed density tuned. i have tried cleaning the IAC, throttle body and checked to make sure IAC is working. i have also set the idle using the evoscan IAC mode and reset the ecu. checked for boost leaks and all. everything checks out...i have no idea what to do to fix this.

if someone would like id send them a copy of map and they could look to make sure everything looks okay.

geevolution Aug 1, 2011 06:08 AM

Look at your logs and see if the TPS is working properly. I have this problem as well, still waiting for my TPS to arrive in the mail.

r.m.s. Aug 1, 2011 07:42 AM

Have you routed your throttle wire?

EvoJoeIX Aug 1, 2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by r.m.s. (Post 9501695)
Have you routed your throttle wire?

throttle wire is where it always was from the factory

r.m.s. Aug 1, 2011 08:08 AM

It loops around and into the throttle wire clip on the valve cover right?

I was going to say if you have re routed the cable then it's been known to cause more friction in the line. But even in the stock location its possible for the wire to gain friction in the cable over time. Whats the odometer at? You can inspect and lube the wire with something like white lithium. I've seen this problem at least 3 times.

EvoJoeIX Aug 1, 2011 08:28 AM

the car has 58,000 miles on it, its still a baby. haha
i checked the throttle cable and it doesnt seem to hangup anywhere.

as far as the TPS log, if im at idle or let off the throttle, what should the TPS be reading?

geevolution Aug 1, 2011 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX (Post 9501813)
the car has 58,000 miles on it, its still a baby. haha
i checked the throttle cable and it doesnt seem to hangup anywhere.

as far as the TPS log, if im at idle or let off the throttle, what should the TPS be reading?

Idle should be at 13.333333%, it should move once you blip the throttle. Mine would stay at 13.333333% till I go about 1/3 way onto the pedal. Still waiting for the replacement in the mail. {thumbdwn}

EvoJoeIX Aug 1, 2011 08:51 AM

okay well looking at 2 idle logs i did yesterday, the tps is reading 14.90% and will keep jumping up back and forth to 15.2%... this is at idle, with me not even touching the throttle

geevolution Aug 1, 2011 08:57 AM

That's fine, mine stays at 13.333333% because it's faulty.

How did you clean your IAC? I've seen someone on here who took out their IAC and the teeth are all gone, ended up replacing it and the car ran beautifully afterwards.

EvoJoeIX Aug 1, 2011 09:00 AM

i cleaned the iac with cleaners you can only get if you work for a dealership. its made to clean carbon out of the TB and engine. its what they would use if you paid $300+ for the service. i dont know the name of it. but it works

the iac is clean and im assuming it works because when i click the idle adjustment mode in evoscan, my idle changed drastically at first. then i fixed it

EvoJoeIX Aug 1, 2011 09:03 AM

im really thinking this is something in my ECU causing this. like the idle stepper tables are off or something. but im not sure if that would explain the car being stuck at the rpm

DubsE46 Aug 1, 2011 09:07 AM

Mine did the same thing a little before my clutch took a dump on me, not sure if it was a related to it.

EvoJoeIX Aug 1, 2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by DubsE46 (Post 9501924)
Mine did the same thing a little before my clutch took a dump on me, not sure if it was a related to it.

no this definately isnt a clutch issue. i know that for sure. this is something in my ecu. i just have that gut feeling. like i said i went over this car inside and out trying to find this problem

geevolution Aug 1, 2011 09:13 AM

Did you get tuned recently? If so you'll need to ask your tuner about this

EvoJoeIX Aug 1, 2011 09:24 AM

i got tuned a few months ago