EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Would you buy this new product available for the Evo? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/58401-would-you-buy-new-product-available-evo.html)

smanders Jan 10, 2004 12:07 AM

Would you buy this new product available for the Evo?

Hello evolutionm.net members,

I want to gauge the interest in a new product available for the Evo. I have been working with Team Voodoo over the last several months to fit a shift knob for the Evo. Now I am happy to announce that they are available exclusively through smanders Motorsports, http://www.smanders.com.

I used to have a Voodoo knob for my s2k and loved it as did everyone else who had one. Once I sold my s2k, I realized how much I missed my Voodoo. If you are not familiar with Voodoo shift knobs, just ask any Miata or S2k enthusiast about them.

I have been discussing becoming an "official" vendor with evolutionm.net. But before I enroll in the program I want to see who would be interested. If you order one or plan to, please post here.

Thank you,
smanders

BPAuto Jan 10, 2004 06:38 AM

Oh man the Voodoo shift knob for the S2000 was wonderful {thumbup} I'd buy it!

Kayaalp Jan 10, 2004 08:55 AM

Re: Would you buy this new product available for the Evo?

Originally posted by smanders
I have been discussing becoming an "official" vendor with evolutionm.net. But before I enroll in the program I want to see who would be interested. If you order one or plan to, please post here.
I like the look of that knob. I find the stock knob on my Evo too small for my huge hands. I used to have a UUC Motorwerkes "Rob Knob" made from billet stainless steel on my old BMW. I loved the feel and weight of that piece. It looks like your Magnum model might be what I was looking for.

But can you get one with the shift pattern engraved on the top? I think that looks much more professional.

Emre

UFO Jan 10, 2004 09:05 AM

No, I wouldn't buy it. Why? I live in Texas and it gets pretty hot here. What with the heat and the conducted heat from the tranny it gets to the point where the shift knob gets too hot to touch. I had an all aluminum knob in my Mustang and it was unbearable, so I replaced it with a gripper knob from MGW (http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_deluxe...hift_knob.html) which is wrapped in rubber and helps keep the knob cool to the touch. Of course, that's just me.

MalibuJack Jan 10, 2004 09:19 AM

How much for the chicken?? hehehe.. Looks nice..

helli0n Jan 10, 2004 09:25 AM

Looks real nice, but any chance you guys might make a short style one like factory optional shift knob..? That would probably sell like hot cakes if you could make one for a decent price...the Mitsu optional short knob is $100+ dollars from the dealerships...

I happened to get one for free and love it because it makes the shifter feel shorter...

smanders Jan 10, 2004 09:30 AM

Originally posted by helli0n
Looks real nice, but any chance you guys might make a short style one like factory optional shift knob..? That would probably sell like hot cakes if you could make one for a decent price...the Mitsu optional short knob is $100+ dollars from the dealerships...

I happened to get one for free and love it because it makes the shifter feel shorter...

Exactly how much shorter is it?

smanders Jan 10, 2004 09:38 AM

Re: Re: Would you buy this new product available for the Evo?

Originally posted by Kayaalp

But can you get one with the shift pattern engraved on the top? I think that looks much more professional.

Emre

I believe I can. I will call and see. I don't think that will be a problem. The engraving will add to the cost.

OmarSpeedAddict Jan 10, 2004 10:08 AM

Hey the site doesn't have the picture of the polished Titanium. Also do you guys make a Pearl Titanium? And how much would be to engrave the shift pattern?

Oh and also: What is the weight differences between the titanium knob and the Aluminum?

My freinds Srt-4 has a knob like this stock, and it looks nice, and feels nice and comfortable at all times.

Thank you

M3lachsilber Jan 10, 2004 10:33 AM

smanders..

Those knobs look great!!
I may get one!! {thumbup}

ChrisS. Jan 10, 2004 10:58 AM

Good price, not to sure if I would buy one, but they look good.

1BADSUV Jan 10, 2004 10:59 AM

Shit-knob

Thank's, I will be ordering one asap. {thumbup}

Jaxice Jan 10, 2004 11:12 AM

nice! they look solid and clean

evoaviator Jan 10, 2004 11:27 AM

anybody seen these? www.flameball.com

Kayaalp Jan 10, 2004 12:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Would you buy this new product available for the Evo?

Originally posted by smanders
I believe I can. I will call and see. I don't think that will be a problem. The engraving will add to the cost.
I'd definitely get a Magnum-sized Voodoo knob in brushed aluminum if it had the shift pattern engraved on top. Probably be willing to spend up to 50 bucks or so for it.

I just realized "Magnum-sized Voodoo knob" sounds kinda' dirty. You know what I mean :p

Emre