EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   The regional forums are a little slow so I figured I'd post this here (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/588794-regional-forums-little-slow-so-i-figured-id-post-here.html)

SmurfZilla Dec 13, 2011 06:59 AM

The regional forums are a little slow so I figured I'd post this here

I apologize if this is in the wrong area but I need alot of help with this and from my experience the regional forums don't move as fast as this one.

It's looking like I'm going to be relocated to Raleigh North Carolina and I have no clue where is a good place to live (most of the people that have been kind enough to share their experiences with NC have been somewhat limited......universally they say I want to look in Raleigh or the surrounding area for home, not Durham).

I've been googling some real estate websites and I'm looking for a nice home under 250,000 if possible in a good school district. Work will be off of Arco Corporate Drive just off i540 but I currently live about 39 miles away from work in Atlanta and commute. I don't mind the drive but traffic is killer. If i live this far away from work again I've been told traffic in Raleigh isn't nearly as bad as it is here in Atlanta (thank God).

I need someone who knows the area fairly well and point me in a good direction to start my search. If you are/or know someone who is a real estate agent that doesn't mind giving me a heads up that would be much appreciated. I think my work will get me a relator when the time comes in a few months but I like to do my home work to see whats out there.

The housing market in Atlanta took a beating so there are some stupid deals around right now, which sucks for me (getting out of my house and not buying around here) and Raleigh doesn't seem to have suffered as much (which also sucks for me) but is great for home owners there.

Thanks in advance guys. Scared to move but excited at getting to know a new city and meet new people. I hear great things about Raleigh. I'm still a little in denial (hard to believe I'm moving someplace where my sister and mother won't be close) but I'll be closer to Toronto, Canada which is just as awesome.

FJF Dec 13, 2011 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla (Post 9819591)
...(hard to believe I'm moving someplace where my sister and mother won't be close) but I'll be closer to Toronto, Canada which is just as awesome.

If you decide that you'd like to move even closer to your family into an area covered with snow and salt 4 months out of the year, like Rochester, NY, I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction. FWIW, the house next door to mine is for sale.

Best of luck with this. :beer:

shrtstuff89 Dec 13, 2011 07:10 AM

Talk to spec ops motorsports guys. Matt and jason i believe both live near fort bragg and know the area

SmurfZilla Dec 13, 2011 07:50 AM

Perfect. Thanks. I forgot about them. I'll need a performance shop to get to know.

jvlazzar Dec 13, 2011 08:02 AM

never lived in NC, but I visit Raleigh/Durham/Morrisville a few times a year for business and training. life seems to move at a much slower pace down there, people are relaxed, care-free, and overall friendly. i have friends that have moved to NC from the DC/Metro area, they can't imagine ever making the move back.

i think it's a great move, and somewhere that i have considered as well.

SmurfZilla Dec 13, 2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by FJF (Post 9819607)
If you decide that you'd like to move even closer to your family into an area covered with snow and salt 4 months out of the year, like Rochester, NY, I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction. FWIW, the house next door to mine is for sale.

Best of luck with this. :beer:

Had a cousin that lived in Corning. If i was going to deal with the snow and whatnot I might as well head back to Toronto. LOL. I appreciate the offer. Raleigh is kinda cool in that its about 6 hours away from my Parents in Atlanta and about 10-12 hours away from Toronto. Kinda the halfway point.

SmurfZilla Dec 13, 2011 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by jvlazzar (Post 9819769)
never lived in NC, but I visit Raleigh/Durham/Morrisville a few times a year for business and training. life seems to move at a much slower pace down there, people are relaxed, care-free, and overall friendly. i have friends that have moved to NC from the DC/Metro area, they can't imagine ever making the move back.

i think it's a great move, and somewhere that i have considered as well.

Thank you thats very encouraging. Its probably the biggest move of my life. I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Is it ignorant that one of my stipulations for moving is to have a E85 gas station close by.....LOL.

longdingydong Dec 13, 2011 09:38 AM

e85 should play a important part in where to buy a house. best thing to do is look up the e85 locator. then decide from there. thats why i did. the wife didnt understand the logic but she also doesnt know what a hta86 with a 82a/r is. lol

SmurfZilla Dec 13, 2011 09:40 AM

LOL
My wife gets what a 6265 1.0/AR T4 twinscroll is......She doesn't care about E85. LOL. She should. Its what i was gonna put her STi on.

rufi0 Dec 13, 2011 09:59 AM

I live in Raleigh and I'm only about 7-10 minutes away from 540 and I want to say about 20 mins from where you'll be working. There's actually a few subdivisions near where I live. I would look at the Amberfield subdivision. There are also 2 other subdivisions by Buffaloe Rd. which is close to 540 also. I would look around New Hope Rd., Buffaloe Rd, and Louisburg Rd. area for some subdivisions. They're always putting up new developments around these areas. There's actually a new development that's being built on Buffaloe Rd. which you can take to 540. As far as schools, there are about 2-3 middle schools within about 20 mins from these places and a high school, which I went to, that's about 15 minutes away.

rhd-jon Dec 13, 2011 10:01 AM

if u have an iphone there's a app for E85

SmurfZilla Dec 13, 2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by rufi0 (Post 9820101)
I live in Raleigh and I'm only about 7-10 minutes away from 540 and I want to say about 20 mins from where you'll be working. There's actually a few subdivisions near where I live. I would look at the Amberfield subdivision. There are also 2 other subdivisions by Buffaloe Rd. which is close to 540 also. I would look around New Hope Rd., Buffaloe Rd, and Louisburg Rd. area for some subdivisions. They're always putting up new developments around these areas. There's actually a new development that's being built on Buffaloe Rd. which you can take to 540. As far as schools, there are about 2-3 middle schools within about 20 mins from these places and a high school, which I went to, that's about 15 minutes away.

This is what I'm looking for thanks for the heads up. Looking it up now. Thanks.

rufi0 Dec 13, 2011 10:07 AM

PM me if you have any questions. I'll be more than happy to help you!

1d10t Dec 13, 2011 10:22 AM

Before I moved to Georgia, I almost chose raleigh. Plenty to do. Stay clear of gastonia lol

SmurfZilla Dec 13, 2011 10:27 AM

Gastonia? Whats wrong with it? I was told to avoid living in Durham.