EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   spoolinup cop (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/607208-spoolinup-cop.html)

stck_trbo_mnstr Apr 13, 2012 05:05 PM

spoolinup cop

opinion on this piece ?? experiences with it, is it recommended if u r in the 500-515 whp range and why??

wizzo 8 Apr 13, 2012 05:11 PM

Im currently making 560whp on a dynojet with these. I have seen a little over 600whp with these on a mustang dyno though so yes they will hold low 500whp on either dyno.

JakeTheVIII Apr 13, 2012 05:14 PM

Everybody that's tried it seems to like it. There are a crap ton of reviews on it, I'm guessing you haven't done much research.

There's not really a power threshold where it's recommended, as your car can benefit from it at any power level. I have one and I noticed it just seems to run smoother, pull through the gears smoother, etc. Looks great, reasonable price, and a nice upgrade from the stock ignition.

I would definitely upgrade to a COP system if you're over about 500hp though.

vortecd Apr 13, 2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by JakeTheVIII (Post 10099504)
Everybody that's tried it seems to like it. There are a crap ton of reviews on it, I'm guessing you haven't done much research.

There's not really a power threshold where it's recommended, as your car can benefit from it at any power level. I have one and I noticed it just seems to run smoother, pull through the gears smoother, etc. Looks great, reasonable price, and a nice upgrade from the stock ignition.

I would definitely upgrade to a COP system if you're over about 500hp though.

Yep, do a search

Like the cat Jake!

MRolla Apr 13, 2012 07:21 PM

Not much hp, but car runs smoother and idles much better. Search many reviews like stated

evo unknown Apr 13, 2012 07:31 PM

Everyone I know that has one is satisfied with the piece. I have a Sparktech system and am happy with it too.

You will notice most benefits from it the higher hp you make. Read Spoolinup's website and it has all the information on what each system is designed to support.

EvoJoeIX Apr 13, 2012 08:38 PM

does the search button not work?

i cant count how many reviews people have done on these

tstevens Apr 13, 2012 11:55 PM

Google search EvolutionM SpoolinUp, tons of reviews. I think this may be my next investment over E85 and Injectors when cash comes available.

Revobasher Apr 14, 2012 04:01 PM

def recommend.. and it looks cool :)

secondlife2 Apr 15, 2012 12:26 AM

my car made 510 on a mustang dyno with a 35r and spoolin cop but that was before i had the car

lopillo_evo Apr 16, 2012 08:09 AM

I have them and they are really good for the price the car idles better and the look really good

utripin Apr 16, 2012 01:23 PM

I too have them....waiting to hear back from Matt....I've had issues....:crap: Sounds like I'm the only one in the world with an issue. :( I'm sure Matt will make it right!!!!! Very nice guy!! {thumbup} My problem was in my harness..replaced it and still have the issues with the COPs. just not as bad. Runs better with the stock coils back on. STRANGE..:confused:

CDHoff Apr 17, 2012 02:25 AM

Definitely worth the money!

grazzo77 Mar 12, 2014 05:04 PM

I can appreciate all the great reviews but I want to hear more from the people that have had issues with them. I just installed them and have yet to test them. When I mentioned the upgrade to my tuner though they kinda cringed. I wonder what that's all about???

llDemonll Mar 12, 2014 09:35 PM

^ your tuner is weird if he thinks it's worse than stock