EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   eBay n1 exhaust input? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/618507-ebay-n1-exhaust-input.html)

steven121 Jul 2, 2012 07:53 PM

eBay n1 exhaust input?

Wanted my old greddy muffler back but cousin won't let me buy it back what's your opinion on the n1 3" to 4.5" exhaust from eBay don't want that raspy sound but I love that style of the burnt tip

steven121 Jul 2, 2012 09:28 PM

found my answer, I was on my phone and internet is slow, searched for it on my computer

I guess I'll save up for the greddy

novem Jul 2, 2012 09:32 PM

There are a lot of different versions of the same basic exhaust. Some fit better than others,so I would seach for recent buyers reviews. One thing they all seem to have in common is they are pretty loud. I would rather buy a used name brand exhaust, unless you dont mind noise levels.

N

wazmunstr Jul 2, 2012 10:19 PM

I have one on my car (came when I bought the car) and it sounds good. the fitment is acceptable, but I had to find a way to extend the bolts that hold the hanger near the muffler because it always came off. the down pipe is garbage, fitment is awful. it hits the crossmember bar thing.

buy a name brand.

mullen Jul 2, 2012 10:21 PM

that exhaust is crap lol i put one on my car years ago and it fit, sounded and lasted horribly. Dont waste your money

Frew Jul 3, 2012 04:42 AM

Agreed, I currently have one on my car, sounds terrible and the muffler looks very restrictive.

meckert Jul 3, 2012 05:01 AM

If indeed you are driving the lancer es listed, with an exhaustt hat big it will be raspy and kill all low end acceleration making the car a dog to drive. If your buying it for the "cool tip" then get an exhaust that is made for the car and put a tip on that....at least you will have a car that can get on the freeway.

wazmunstr Jul 3, 2012 10:27 AM

lol just noticed that. wrong section broseph. get a 2.5" exhaust for your n/a, it'll be perfect.

steven121 Jul 4, 2012 09:08 AM

Thanks guys now since I have this Evo I'm always finding things to do on it, all input is appreciated

TigOLDBiTTies Jul 4, 2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by steven121 (Post 10260695)
Thanks guys now since I have this Evo I'm always finding things to do on it, all input is appreciated

before you throw in the towel realize that you can add a $50 magnaflow muffler to that system and it will actually sound and flow as good or better then the top name turbo backs.

tubing is tubing as long as it fits with no leaks i say go for it. thats the setup i have on my car currently (but i added 2 mufflers instead of one) and it sounds better then any other setup ive heard including Greddy evo2, buschur turbo back with race muffler, megan racing, and AMS turbo back. the muffler makes the biggest difference and most of the mufflers those high dollar companys use are usually lower in quality then magnaflow. spend that money elsewhere