EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Insurance Renewal Increase (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/71072-insurance-renewal-increase.html)

EvoJimbo Mar 18, 2004 08:30 PM

Insurance Renewal Increase

Sup Fellow EVO owners..... I was wondering if anybody's insurance went up? I just got my renewal, and Geico increased the premiums by $400. No accidents nor tickets.
Their Justification:

The EVO was reclassified from an A rating to N or M
Too many insurance claims for damage
High Perforamance Car
Expensive Parts
Theif...blah blah blah

However they noted that bodily injury claims were minimal.

:thumbdown :shoot: :rant: {thumbdwn}

blonde Mar 18, 2004 08:34 PM

what a shock.... :rolleyes:

with the amount of people who crashed their cars in the past year, this does not come as a suprise.

Dream Came True Mar 18, 2004 08:35 PM

Mine didn't go up that much but it went up {thumbdwn}
Supposedly, more expensive cost to fix the car.

boks Mar 18, 2004 08:38 PM

I got my notice for next year and mine doubled. :crap: I still need to call my ins company (local) and figure out exactly why. Just another thing to pile on top of all the maint, but its still worth it! :headbang:

Chris in HB Mar 18, 2004 08:39 PM

Another part of the cost of doing business. For those of you (like me) contemplating an 08 Skyline GT-R, just think of those premiums...

EvolvedDSM Mar 18, 2004 08:44 PM

Mine only increased because they finally realized it wasn't a base Lancer ;)

1StockEvo Mar 18, 2004 09:49 PM

Damn man jus got my renewal for State Farm and now my monthly payment is more then my monthly car note. This sucks. They said the same thing about the vehicle rating group changing. O well gotta live with it cuz I'm lovin the car.

hanahawaiian Mar 18, 2004 09:50 PM

well Im 19 year old and plan to buy EVO MR in june..(they come out in june EVO MR).. My insurance say my Evo payment for 6 month is $1,424. I think it expesive but it not! Funny My lancer OZ cost me 6 month is $1,750????? oh well and Also i ask other insurance on 350Z Nissan and they say cost me 6 month for $1,300.. but I want EVO MR.. i will buy it

nemesis Mar 19, 2004 12:02 AM

My Geico premium went up from 1125 to 2750 one accident 5 yrs ago. Switched to Allstate. Premium down to 1400

StreetPowerEvo Mar 19, 2004 12:39 AM

Yup, just renewed mine today and it went up about $250 a year (Progressive). They said it was an across the board hike for my state/area though, so not sure the Evo had anything to do with it.

mprtklr Mar 19, 2004 04:00 AM

not to say " i told you so" months ago,,, but.....look back 3-4 months ago in posts like this and i was saying to everyone stating their insurance was cheap "wait till renewal time"