EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Racing Seat Help! Bride? Sparco? Cusco? Or Recaro Again? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/739050-racing-seat-help-bride-sparco-cusco-recaro-again.html)

maxroach Apr 9, 2017 11:14 PM

Racing Seat Help! Bride? Sparco? Cusco? Or Recaro Again?

My OEM Recaro is starting get old..

Any recommendations what should be the best replacement that can hold 40" waistline?

i am heavy and 40" waistline. OEM Racaro was im a bit tight but is ok..

And lasty, there are a lot of replica seats out there, are they ok? Safe?

Butt Dyno Apr 10, 2017 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by maxroach (Post 11728571)
My OEM Recaro is starting get old..

Any recommendations what should be the best replacement that can hold 40" waistline?

i am heavy and 40" waistline. OEM Racaro was im a bit tight but is ok..

Is this for daily use or anything else?

Originally Posted by maxroach (Post 11728571)
And lasty, there are a lot of replica seats out there, are they ok? Safe?

I don't think there's going to be any data on this, but I can't fathom why you'd take the risk. Part of the reason seats are expensive is that the companies have to test them, whether it's for FIA certification or OEM.. I would not want to take that risk.

maxroach Apr 10, 2017 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Butt Dyno (Post 11728649)
Is this for daily use or anything else?

I don't think there's going to be any data on this, but I can't fathom why you'd take the risk. Part of the reason seats are expensive is that the companies have to test them, whether it's for FIA certification or OEM.. I would not want to take that risk.

its gonna be weekend and same time Track 2-3 times a year

im thinking get driver side FIA approve. I agree with the replica just for safety

Butt Dyno Apr 10, 2017 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by maxroach (Post 11728694)
its gonna be weekend and same time Track 2-3 times a year

im thinking get driver side FIA approve. I agree with the replica just for safety

A lot of organizations require the same equipment for driver and passenger, and unless you are signed off, you're going to have an instructor.

Are you converting to harnesses, roll bar, etc?

maxroach Apr 10, 2017 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Butt Dyno (Post 11728719)
A lot of organizations require the same equipment for driver and passenger, and unless you are signed off, you're going to have an instructor.

Are you converting to harnesses, roll bar, etc?

I have ordered Autopower 6 points already. and I have 5 point harness and im keeping oem belts.

jcgcuba Apr 13, 2017 04:51 AM

I'm interested in this discussion as well since I will soon be selling both my front Recaros to replace them with circuit racing seats and harnesses. I need to buy the seats before work on my roll cage can start so that it can be fit perfectly for me.

awhit17 Apr 14, 2017 09:15 AM

You will not fit in a Bride seat with your waist, I would look at Recaros and Sparcos. Don't buy a replica seat.

DSM*BOY Aug 24, 2017 12:12 AM

Did you figure out a seat you will use? Im curious as my seats are okay now but down the line i would like to change them out

Ghostridah Sep 12, 2017 06:41 PM

Bumping this. I'm looking into a Recaro SPG Profi XL and wondering how they'd be vs an OEM Evo X Recaro.

nemsin Sep 13, 2017 08:43 AM

You need to sit in a variety of seats. Look for a local shop that stocks a good variety of seats that you can 'try'. Failing that, go to a track day just to spectate/ask people about their cars/seats. Find a guy that looks your size and ask him to sit in his seat.

You will not find the perfect fit by readling online.