EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Leaving the Evo World after 11 years on here (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/745695-leaving-evo-world-after-11-years-here.html)

WRC-LVR Dec 26, 2017 01:35 PM

Leaving the Evo World after 11 years on here

1 Attachment(s)
Sad day today... I have parted ways with my 05 EVO 8 MR after owning her for 11.5 years.
New owner picked her up today along with a gadzillion spare parts.

I shall always remember how she drove. She was a pristine meticulously kept example of a lightly modded Evo 8 despite her 105K miles.

Her new owner is a young Marine who has always wanted one. Didnt want something highly modded, just something that was a great driver. Since she had a 71 hta and a great suspension setup, she fit the bill.

Car sold in 2 days after it went on Facebook. I had other offers matching what i asked for the car, but decided this young man would keep the car pretty much as is and just drive it not mod the heck out of it.

It has been great on this forum, following the development of the tuning and talking to such members as mrfred, white03gsr and merlin.

To all here, thanks for the memories !!!

PS Im keeping the tag off the car that matches my online handle --- WRC-LVR

PPS here is a photo of the interior with gauges. Everyone should copy this !!!

Signing off for the last time <>

DeeezNuuuts83 Dec 26, 2017 02:07 PM

Congrats, what’s the next car?

vr4gasmtt Dec 26, 2017 02:11 PM

What are you replacing it with?

Teal2nnr Dec 26, 2017 02:31 PM

You'll miss it :-). Good luck on ypur next purchase!

kaj Dec 26, 2017 03:07 PM

I sold my first Evo. Kicked myself every day after. Hopefully, you don't end up feeling the same LOL. I ended up overpaying when I came across another of the exact model/color. I almost, almost traded it off for something else, but I wised up. I still haven't found anything that can compete with it, especially in my price range.
That being said, they aren't for everyone, all the time, so we totally get it. Good luck with your next purchase, brotha!

WRC-LVR Dec 26, 2017 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by vr4gasmtt (Post 11794421)
What are you replacing it with?

Mercedes E350 Convertible, Im 63 and its time to get comfortable

OX Dec 26, 2017 05:15 PM

I hear ya. I went cheaper so I could keep the EVO.
Left over Fusion Sport for me. Only $27k with
some hefty discounts

Sway bars and some decent rubber is all I've done.
It is very comfy and super quiet. Deceptively
fast around town, and the ultimate in stealth.

Good luck with the new ride.

MinusPrevious Dec 26, 2017 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by WRC-LVR (Post 11794401)
Sad day today... I have parted ways with my 05 EVO 8 MR after owning her for 11.5 years.

Hate to see you leave, but understand. All must come to an end:crap:

You were one of our many good members{thumbup}

Enjoy :beer:

Jonno99 Dec 27, 2017 02:33 AM

Good luck mate, 63 is a good run, i would normally say youll ne back but in this case i think youve earned your rest

PolloVagabundo Dec 27, 2017 08:09 AM

E350 Convertible!?? :|

Good Luck, Cheers!

gsrboi80 Dec 27, 2017 12:24 PM

Sorry you had to let her go. Good Luck and wellness to you!!

cts4g63 Dec 28, 2017 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by kaj (Post 11794440)
I sold my first Evo. Kicked myself every day after. Hopefully, you don't end up feeling the same LOL. I ended up overpaying when I came across another of the exact model/color. I almost, almost traded it off for something else, but I wised up. I still haven't found anything that can compete with it, especially in my price range.
That being said, they aren't for everyone, all the time, so we totally get it. Good luck with your next purchase, brotha!

The previous owner of my car texts me almost once a month asking if I'm ready to sell it. Every time he texts me, I raise my price $500 :lol:

Mike_ Dec 29, 2017 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by cts4g63 (Post 11794687)
The previous owner of my car texts me almost once a month asking if I'm ready to sell it. Every time he texts me, I raise my price $500 :lol:

Lol might work one day

Sharkbite2000 Dec 29, 2017 09:08 AM

You will be back nothing like that evo :) , Even though my tiguan is fun as hell with almost 400hp I still miss my little evo :)

FJF Jan 2, 2018 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by WRC-LVR (Post 11794449)
Mercedes E350 Convertible, Im 63 and its time to get comfortable

You and I, and a couple of dozen others, were the outliers on this forum. I'm 54, FWIW, and chose this car for its (err...) easily explorable performance characteristics, mainly its cornering. Most of us are gone. Personally, I have no plans to sell; bought the car to keep from the onset. Don't mind telling you that I'm genuinely sorry to see you leave the Evolution community. All the best to you and yours.

BTW, as a sheer coincidence, I spent some time behind the wheel of a E350 coupe last summer. It was comfortable and non-taxing. Kinda like driving a stick of butter. I like to think it was attributed to this particular car. The turning radius was great, though. ;)