EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   What next? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/746617-what-next.html)

4G63_Crazy Feb 11, 2018 08:06 PM

What next?

Hey everyone,

So I love my Evo, and love it's power, HOWEVER, with any car person, I'm craving more. My 05 8 MR is currently making around 331 awhp and 334 ft/lb of torque. I'm looking to upgrade my car to make more horsepower, but, as this car is my daily driver, I am looking for mods that are reliable, but also without breaking the bank. I was wondering if anyone had advice on which mods I should get? (for around the $1000 mark, since I've dumped already enough money in my car) I was thinking about getting bigger injectors (1000cc+) and tactrix 1.3u cable, not sure what else tho.. (Also does anyone know if there is an option in ECUFLASH OR evoscan to change the injector size like in Ecmlink or do I have to go get the car re-tuned?) Thanks for any help

Current mods include:
- K&N typhoon intake system
- Greddy TBE with stm high flow cat
- ETS 3.0" FMIC
- ETS UICP And LICP
- Hallman pro mbc @1.5 bar
- ARP headstuds
- GSC S1 cams
- Evo 9 OEM BOV

youra6 Feb 11, 2018 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy (Post 11803341)
Hey everyone,

So I love my Evo, and love it's power, HOWEVER, with any car person, I'm craving more. My 05 8 MR is currently making around 331 awhp and 334 ft/lb of torque. I'm looking to upgrade my car to make more horsepower, but, as this car is my daily driver, I am looking for mods that are reliable, but also without breaking the bank. I was wondering if anyone had advice on which mods I should get? (for around the $1000 mark, since I've dumped already enough money in my car) I was thinking about getting bigger injectors (1000cc+) and tactrix 1.3u cable, not sure what else tho.. (Also does anyone know if there is an option in ECUFLASH OR evoscan to change the injector size like in Ecmlink or do I have to go get the car re-tuned?) Thanks for any help

Current mods include:
- ETS 3.0" FMIC
- ETS UICP And LICP
- ARP headstuds
- GSC S1 cams
- Evo 9 OEM BOV

For 1K, get the ID1000 injectors and an E85 map along with your pump gas map. Should add another 30-40 whp on top of what you already have. Anything significantly more will require a new turbo like the BBK or FP Red.

Heirthos Feb 13, 2018 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy (Post 11803341)
Hey everyone,

Current mods include:
- ETS 3.0" FMIC
- ETS UICP And LICP
- ARP headstuds
- GSC S1 cams
- Evo 9 OEM BOV

Find a jb fp black, I also daily drive mine

4G63_Crazy Feb 13, 2018 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Heirthos (Post 11803620)
Find a jb fp black, I also daily drive mine

Since you have a 9, I'm guessing I would have to get a 9 turbo install kit (oil lines and stuff)? Also, aren't they like 2k tho? And when installing like a new turbo, won't you need to get it tuned and everything, which is like 500 or so bucks?

wild buff-evo Feb 13, 2018 10:16 AM

If you got a bigger turbo, you would also want/need to get a bigger pump and injectors along with it. I dont imagine that would fit in your budget unless you found some really good deals. a Walbro 450 (around $100) isnt that much money, you should snag one along with bigger injectors (I run ID1300s (about $900) I love them) and the 1.3u I think is about $115? Fuel is what you will want to do next for sure.

Edit: Yes, you will need a tune with a new turbo and/or injectors. Depending on who your tuner is, yes 500 seems about right in the ballpark for what you would spend (people have different rates). I think you would enjoy maxing that turbo out all the way, then when you are ready, get an FP Green (400-430ish), I think you would love it.

Heirthos Feb 13, 2018 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy (Post 11803622)
Since you have a 9, I'm guessing I would have to get a 9 turbo install kit (oil lines and stuff)? Also, aren't they like 2k tho? And when installing like a new turbo, won't you need to get it tuned and everything, which is like 500 or so bucks?

Oh my bad I didn't know you had and 8, yeah in that case it might not be the best route. I got my jb black for $900 used, walbro 450 for $50 and 1000cc injectors for $200. I put everything on myself so I saved a lot of money there. If you are patient and look around, you can find some good deals!

evostanman Feb 13, 2018 12:59 PM

How easily can you get E85 in your area? That's the route I would take....

E85+injectors+EBC+Wally 255= happiness

4G63_Crazy Feb 13, 2018 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by evostanman (Post 11803675)
How easily can you get E85 in your area? That's the route I would take....

E85+injectors+EBC+Wally 255= happiness

E85 is little to none in my area.. Only place it is at is an airport like 20 miles from me, but im going to school next year where I will have access to E85 stations, so that's a plus.. Maybe a dual map?

4G63_Crazy Feb 13, 2018 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by wild buff-evo (Post 11803637)
If you got a bigger turbo, you would also want/need to get a bigger pump and injectors along with it. I dont imagine that would fit in your budget unless you found some really good deals. a Walbro 450 (around $100) isnt that much money, you should snag one along with bigger injectors (I run ID1300s (about $900) I love them) and the 1.3u I think is about $115? Fuel is what you will want to do next for sure.

Edit: Yes, you will need a tune with a new turbo and/or injectors. Depending on who your tuner is, yes 500 seems about right in the ballpark for what you would spend (people have different rates). I think you would enjoy maxing that turbo out all the way, then when you are ready, get an FP Green (400-430ish), I think you would love it.

Just remembered that my tuner is $450 for a single map tune. Yea, Ill probably max out the 8.5 turbo, and maybe find a good deal on a set of good used injectors for $150 - $400.. Still got some wiggle room for some mods... Any more ideas? Haha

Project_Broke Feb 14, 2018 07:45 AM

HTA71 FTW.

Best $700 I ever spent.

evostanman Feb 14, 2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy (Post 11803715)
E85 is little to none in my area.. Only place it is at is an airport like 20 miles from me, but im going to school next year where I will have access to E85 stations, so that's a plus.. Maybe a dual map?

Dual map is what I have and it's a great. So far I've never had to switch to pump gas because I'm blessed with E85 in my area but It's good to know that you have that option for whatever.

Also like @project broke said, HTA71 is always an option.

wild buff-evo Feb 14, 2018 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by 4G63_Crazy (Post 11803717)
Just remembered that my tuner is $450 for a single map tune. Yea, Ill probably max out the 8.5 turbo, and maybe find a good deal on a set of good used injectors for $150 - $400.. Still got some wiggle room for some mods... Any more ideas? Haha

Best of luck to ya. The only other mods I can think of for your budget is getting your intake manifold & throttle body ported. That should net you some nice gains (around 20-30hp). You can even do it yourself if you want, im sure there are some nice writeups. E85 will of course net you more gains also.

4G63_Crazy Feb 15, 2018 08:12 PM

So I think I might bite the bullet and spend a little more than my budget by getting a new turbo and injectors. Think I'll go hta71 or try and find a good deal on an fp black or red. However, I'm debating if I should install the turbo and new lines and stuff, or get a shop to do it. I have never done anything like this before. For anyone that installed their turbo, what was the process like? Easy, hard, any difficulties? And would a new, bigger turbo like this be OK for daily driving?

cficare68 Feb 15, 2018 08:30 PM

injectors, evo 9 turbo, and fuel pump. Especially if you have access to e85 that will wake her up quite a bit. I am actually selling some fic 1250cc injectors if you are interested shoot me a pm.

shak2300 Feb 20, 2018 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by cficare68 (Post 11804199)
injectors, evo 9 turbo, and fuel pump. Especially if you have access to e85 that will wake her up quite a bit. I am actually selling some fic 1250cc injectors if you are interested shoot me a pm.

it pointless getting evo 9 turbo at this point he all ready have 8.5 turbo ( evo 8 turbo with evo 9 hotside ( 10.5)).

what he could do you is get your turbo rebuild and upgrade to a 20g or something similar, there a few people on here who could do it. good size injectors and fuel pump. always build you car to a Goal in mind:beer:{thumbup}