EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Best tuner/Shop still in business - Midwest/East Coast (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/752339-best-tuner-shop-still-business-midwest-east-coast.html)

Welcome2GoodBur Dec 20, 2018 06:43 PM

Best tuner/Shop still in business - Midwest/East Coast

I'm sure this question has been asked many times in the past, but I'd like to know, as it's almost 2019 , who are the good tuners/ repair shops that still actually care about Evo's (specifically 8/9s) and can do good diagnostic and repair work as well?
I'm not talking about tuners who take 2 hours to tune the car using a generic map and then move onto the next customer, or tuners who tell you they've done the tune and then stop responding to requests after the tune is done.
I am asking as I have had a few less than ideal experiences in the past with a tuners (I felt guilty, thinking it was me, but later found out I may not have been alone) and a lack of followup support from various tuners and shops. Specifically, I had requested some of them to diagnose or fix some issues that I had asked specifically to be addressed, was told everything was okay (which it wasn't) and when I attempted to contact after, I received little to no response.
I find that a lot of shops have moved on from Evo's to focus on GTRs, and a lot of shops/tuners are more focussed on getting customers in who are trying to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on builds. I just want a good, reliable shop that can help me and treat me as a customer, whether I want to spend $1000, or $10,000. Preferably in the midwest or east coast area, but I would be willing to travel to get to the right one.
Thanks for any responses.

Butt Dyno Dec 20, 2018 07:34 PM

CBRD, 100%. York PA, not that bad a drive from you.

I've been going there for 8 years now. They are awesome. They have definitely not moved on from Evos :)

Welcome2GoodBur Dec 20, 2018 07:59 PM

I had always liked the idea of Chad and CBRD, but was afraid that they would be too busy for someone not dropping a huge amount of money. Their shop looks immaculate, and I probably should have gone to them originally: who knows what I will need to do to get the car the way I want it to be as a result. Thanks for the reply

xRoguex Dec 20, 2018 09:43 PM

pm sent

revhappy Dec 21, 2018 08:52 AM

CBRD hands down.

stvn87903 Dec 21, 2018 10:39 AM

Let me know what you need.

Welcome2GoodBur Dec 21, 2018 11:16 AM

Thanks mate. We'll talk in a few weeks and see what you think.

Butt Dyno Dec 21, 2018 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Welcome2GoodBur (Post 11853439)
I had always liked the idea of Chad and CBRD, but was afraid that they would be too busy for someone not dropping a huge amount of money.

Not true at all. I have taken them issues big and small :)

An FYI though, they don't have someone whose full time job is answering phones. Text/email is best: http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/call-717-751-2345/

iLLevo_ Dec 21, 2018 12:42 PM

CBRD did the work on my car and it has run strong for years no issues. Chad is a guy you can recommend to people here on the forums and you know your guiding them in the right way. Sending you to somebody who not only knows the Evo inside out and does great work but he also manufactures his own parts which are amazing amazing quality.. his radiators.. turbo setups.. etc etc.. cbrdspeedfactory

If you go to Chad to get any work done tell him Sal with the black Evo from Jersey is going to be coming in soon for those ohlins! Soon!

Welcome2GoodBur Dec 21, 2018 12:59 PM

Ha will do. I love my Ohlins man, best coilovers out there!

wht95scort Dec 25, 2018 06:11 AM

Tom aka TSComptune. That is if you can get ahold of him. He is in PA. There is STM in upstate NY. Ivey tune still does evos.

Sharkbite2000 Dec 25, 2018 04:21 PM

AMS Performance need I say more ?

TomekEVO Dec 30, 2018 03:25 PM

You are an hour away from Buschur Racing lol.

I went to Tom@TScomptuned to get a lot of work done since its closer to me

Edit: Would not recommend going there

Aidanlee1 Jan 2, 2019 05:42 AM

Moore Automotive in Fairfax VA is who i have experience with. They are very educated and Chris does great tuning. CBRD and TScomptuned are also choices if closer to you!

Turndown Jan 5, 2019 07:33 AM

CBRD, RRT Motorsports, STM, Buschur Racing... I couldn't get TSComp to respond to any calls/emails/messages even after I paid for a tune already so I cant really recommend using him after that. Can't go wrong with any of the others though.