EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   What is my car worth in todays market? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/753380-what-my-car-worth-todays-market.html)

str8kor Mar 2, 2019 02:07 PM

What is my car worth in todays market?

Hello, I have a 2003 base Evolution 8 with 10k miles on it. Everything is factory never modified, body, interior is in great shape and it's been kept in a warehouse. No pictures yet.
just curious to see what it is worth today.

MinusPrevious Mar 2, 2019 02:40 PM

KBB has this EvO pegged around $21 to $24K. I think its worth that & maybe slightly above that $24K figure

The super low miles & the stock condition really make put this into Unicorn status

Lets see the pics!!!
:beer:

hutch959 Mar 2, 2019 05:19 PM

if its mint... i say $35

ChrisF Mar 3, 2019 10:14 AM

I've been in /watching this segment of the market for the past year. Similar cars have traded in high 20's to low 30's.
- all maintenance including timing belts done?
- no paint work
- all documentation history
- no clear coat peel on wing
- showroom new otherwise

If all of the above, don't settle for less than something with a 3 in front of it. It will take a while to sell at the high end but there is a market. Good car for BaT.

str8kor Mar 4, 2019 09:20 AM

I appreciate the comments guys. There are fluctuation in price throughout different forums. Maybe I'll post it up on evo m for sale. Still debating. Thank you

wht95scort Mar 4, 2019 06:11 PM

Pics or it doesn’t exists 🤪

kaj Mar 5, 2019 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by str8kor (Post 11863151)
I appreciate the comments guys. There are fluctuation in price throughout different forums. Maybe I'll post it up on evo m for sale. Still debating. Thank you

That's because you get opinions from haters and dreamers alike :lol:
Those of us that own the cars like to think they are worth their weight in gold.
I'd list it at $30k and realistically expect to settle for low to mid $20s. It's not a collector car, but you would, eventually, find someone who wouldn't mind paying a bit more for an unmodified version.
Anyone looking to spend $30k probably isn't looking for 16 year old Japanese cars and anyone shopping Evos probably doesn't have $30k to spend, even with the bank financing $15-18k of it.
We see lots of Evos listed at crazy high prices (BAT doesn't count. It's infamous for inflated and unrealistic prices), but you would be surprised at what they actually sell for, once you get the seller to open up.
If you happen to make more than that, high five yourself then take the money and ruuuuuuun.

japspec Mar 5, 2019 09:27 AM

I think it can be a collectors car because if you see the prices
people pay for Supra from excellent condition to na swapped Supra you would be surprised. That
car no matter what you tell me is not worth 100k and I see those selling for that much.

kaj Mar 5, 2019 10:54 AM

Nah

huzzle101 Mar 5, 2019 06:10 PM

Disagree, these things will only go up in value over the years. I have seen good example 9's sell for over 40k with that mileage. So i don't understand why you think these will not appreciate in value @kaj

kaj Mar 5, 2019 06:13 PM

I've some listed at those prices ,but not selling.

I guess we'll see!

blue by ray Mar 5, 2019 07:00 PM

Would love to see this trade at $30k or above but don't think we're there yet. I'm the second owner of a 2003 completely stock 33k mile Evo so my interests are aligned with yours!

japspec Mar 5, 2019 07:03 PM

Give it another 5-10 yrs and see if the prices don’t jump up like the prices did for the Supra.

blue by ray Mar 5, 2019 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by japspec (Post 11863348)
Give it another 5-10 yrs and see if the prices don’t jump up like the prices did for the Supra.

Agree with that but he's looking to see what it's worth today.

japspec Mar 6, 2019 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by blue by ray (Post 11863358)
Agree with that but he's looking to see what it's worth today.

oh then he is gonna have to either take a less or just wait it out.