EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Clicking when turning right after cars warmed up and driven for awhile. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/754938-clicking-when-turning-right-after-cars-warmed-up-driven-awhile.html)

Evo8Guy Jun 23, 2019 06:36 AM

Clicking when turning right after cars warmed up and driven for awhile.

Hey everyone! I’ve had my second Evo now for about 6 months. About 3 months ago I started noticing a slight clicking when turning left but mostly right in first after a complete stop, once the car has been driven for a bit. Since having this issue, I’ve had both front tie rods replaced, rack and pinion, and complete coilovers all around, and front cv joint axles driver side and passenger side. I can not figure out what this noise is, thought about bringing it to a dealership just have a diagnosis. My acd light recently came in too and not sure if those are connected. I’m getting my fluids flushed and adding new t case and rear diff on Monday. Please any info or advice or idea as to what this dumb noise please message me or on here. Thank you guys!

notenoughhp Jun 23, 2019 07:38 PM

Do you have wheel spacers?

MinusPrevious Jun 23, 2019 07:59 PM

Certainly a tough one to diagnose on the boards, but you certainly have had some serious components replaced, as you noted @Evo8Guy

Could it be as simple as rubbing dust shields on the rotor up front? They bend easy, especially when mounting / dismounting wheels

You noted, after it warms up. Could it be engine pulley related?

Just a thought.

On another point, 2 posts since 2006. Dont be a stranger. Join us more regularly on the boards

:beer:

Evo8Guy Jun 24, 2019 07:01 PM

I don’t have wheel spacers. And I work at discount tire, I’ve personally taken and mounted my wheels and tires and haven’t had an issue with anything brake or wheel related. Engine pulley is an option, but I’ve never heard one that was bad. And it’s mainly when I turn right which is odd. Gonna put it on the lift and start it and go through gears while turning the wheels. And yea I was a stranger for a bit lol I’m back for a bit hopefully

MinusPrevious Jun 24, 2019 07:21 PM

Yeah, putting it on the lift & going through a thorough inspection hopefully will reveal the issue

Keep us posted for sure and thanks again for joining us on the boards

Joe :beer:

Biggiesacks Jun 24, 2019 07:48 PM

I think this is a classic CV joint failure symptom. I'd probably start there.

EDIT NM read that you already replaced those, next guess since your having acd light issues maybe something to do with the front diff.

Butt Dyno Jun 25, 2019 07:07 PM

Wheel bearings?

More far out: cracked wheel?

volcano Jun 26, 2019 09:01 PM

I had a clicking noise when turning right several years ago... ...it was the wheel bearing starting to go bad. The tech kept saying it couldn't the bearing, but after trying several other things I told him go ahead and change the left bearing anyway. Solved the issue.

Evo8Guy Jun 27, 2019 05:36 PM

Yea I plan on doing a thorough inspection. And will do! Thanks man

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious (Post 11877393)
Yeah, putting it on the lift & going through a thorough inspection hopefully will reveal the issue

Keep us posted for sure and thanks again for joining us on the boards

Joe :beer:

Evo8Guy Jun 27, 2019 05:37 PM

I’m going to do an inspection and find out what’s going on, it does it when it’s a left or right turn once warmed up, and I’m also thinking maybe something with the gearbox? When I push the clutch in a slight noise goes away.

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11877395)
I think this is a classic CV joint failure symptom. I'd probably start there.

EDIT NM read that you already replaced those, next guess since your having acd light issues maybe something to do with the front diff.

Evo8Guy Jun 27, 2019 05:38 PM

Yea gonna do an inspection and bearings are next

Originally Posted by volcano (Post 11877726)
I had a clicking noise when turning right several years ago... ...it was the wheel bearing starting to go bad. The tech kept saying it couldn't the bearing, but after trying several other things I told him go ahead and change the left bearing anyway. Solved the issue.

Evo8Guy Jun 27, 2019 05:39 PM

Gonna look at those next. Good idea

Originally Posted by Butt Dyno (Post 11877553)
Wheel bearings?

More far out: cracked wheel?