EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Need help with trans fluid/ trans noise (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/755182-need-help-trans-fluid-trans-noise.html)

r3d d3v1L Jul 11, 2019 02:04 PM

Need help with trans fluid/ trans noise

I had recently did a fluid swap in my evo 8. The car had a trans rebuild done by Jacks before i bought it. We did a full fluid change in trans, t-case and both diffs with MAP's trans fluid kit using redline fluids. Notice clutch and trans chatter were more apparent after this fliud change than ever before (there was always some of that decel chatter before, but now its louder) and theres more chatter at idle as well. The chatter kind of goes away if i hold the clutch in at a stop. We had also changed the motor mounts (all excep the dog bone at the rear of the motor), which may contribute to the noise since they ate stiffer than stock. My question is, should we try a different suite of fluids or is there something i can add to quiet the trans down? On MAP's site for the product details of the fluids in the kit it says to NOT use synchro mesh or other things like that. So what do yall propose? Its really annoying and want to resolve this. PLEASE HELP!!!

LetsGetThisDone Jul 11, 2019 02:11 PM

You're hearing more noise because of the mounts.

If you put in a Redline "cocktail" drain that and put straight Redline MT90 or Motul Gear300 in. Simply because that's what should be used. But the noise won't change much.

r3d d3v1L Jul 11, 2019 02:16 PM

Hmmm

I kind of figured the mounts had a lot to do with it. But it's A LOT of chatter. So we used the redline you mentioned but youre saying we should drain and use that with the motul? Even if it only helps a little would be better than it is now. Thanks for the advice. Any other advice is appreciated.

r3d d3v1L Jul 11, 2019 02:19 PM

Oops, sorry i misread your reply lol. One or the other. Is there something wrong with the cocktail MAP sells?

LetsGetThisDone Jul 11, 2019 03:33 PM

Well, its MAP, so they're basically retarded.

The two quarts MT90 + 1qt MTL makes MT-85, which is available off the shelf instead of mixing fluids. And, MT85 is kinda thin once you have an aftermarket clutch and the car is making more power than stock, so it's best to step up to just running MT90.

The noise is normal with an aftermarket clutch.

CaptainSquirts Jul 12, 2019 08:05 AM

What clutch are you using? I have the torque solution front motor mount and oem for the other 3. I'm using act hdss with motul 300 and I don't get any clutch chatter.

nor11384 Jul 12, 2019 08:40 AM

Eh I have act clutch using redline fluid with all 4 tq solution mounts. When the fluid warms up you can hear everything. Hope you have a nice radio. Turn it up that’s what I do lol. I’m planning on pulling the rear mount off and replacing with stock.