EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   New video (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/76379-new-video.html)

Crufty Dusty Apr 17, 2004 12:30 AM

New video

Hi everyone....

As promised, the video's ready.... it's 71.6 MB though... download away...

TwoMix9900 Apr 17, 2004 01:06 AM

ohhh baby *begins to dl*

thanks for the link

ChrisS. Apr 17, 2004 01:49 AM

Well after half hour or so.... Can't get the video to work.... not sure what format it is.... I tried WMP, RealOne, DivX, WinDVD,.....??? Hmmmmm

AWDOWNZJ00 Apr 17, 2004 01:54 AM

I cant get the vid to work either :(

1993evo1Jason Apr 17, 2004 02:06 AM

Wow, that vid is nuts. Where was it shot at?? Sucks to be ritch, huh??

DocMortal Apr 17, 2004 02:14 AM

Its a weird .HQX extension which is MAC........

TRIED everything couldnt get it to work....and to boot its 96 megs

Boni Apr 17, 2004 03:37 AM

how do u open this damn file ?

Crufty Dusty Apr 17, 2004 05:52 AM

The video is in DivX... it's been tested to run on PCs and Macs... during the upload process it got translated into .HQX which is called BinHex... the reason for this is to make it cross-platform friendly since it's just ASCII but I digress.

In any case you will need to decode it and the result is a file with a file extension ".avi".

Crufty Dusty Apr 17, 2004 05:55 AM

Originally posted by 1993evo1Jason
Wow, that vid is nuts. Where was it shot at?? Sucks to be ritch, huh??
It was shot in Sepang, Malaysia, which is one of the Formula 1 tracks. My car was among the cheapest there (which cost USD86K due to taxes and ****... you don't even want to know how much those Ferraris cost)... and the least modded.

Mitchubishievo Apr 17, 2004 06:30 AM

Good DL time, still downloading at the moment.

Mitchubishievo Apr 17, 2004 06:41 AM

Well, werd on it not being opened, I can't do anything with it. On another note, your car looks awesome!!! I love all the pics in the profile, and that color is very cool! {thumbup}.

EvoJimbo Apr 17, 2004 07:02 AM

Use Winzip to extract it ...it will extract as a AVi...make sure you have teh divx codecs to view teh viedo. Great Vid!

Looks soo fun! {thumbup}

What did the black evo had that flew by you on the straights?

OnlineAlias Apr 17, 2004 07:03 AM

Originally posted by Crufty Dusty
The video is in DivX... it's been tested to run on PCs and Macs... during the upload process it got translated into .HQX which is called BinHex... the reason for this is to make it cross-platform friendly since it's just ASCII but I digress.

In any case you will need to decode it and the result is a file with a file extension ".avi".

Bin(ary)-Hex(idecimal) is the exact opposite of ASCII or EBCDIC. But I digress... :D

ru4real Apr 17, 2004 07:16 AM

Winzip can open and extract BinHex (.HQX) files. It worked for me.

Crufty Dusty Apr 17, 2004 07:43 AM

Originally posted by OnlineAlias

Bin(ary)-Hex(idecimal) is the exact opposite of ASCII or EBCDIC. But I digress... :D

Dude... quit arguing with me... I do this for a living and I'm right while you're not. :lol: Just download the video already :headbang: