EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   RC Demo 930 Bhp !!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/81393-rc-demo-930-bhp.html)

cakemonster May 19, 2004 12:31 PM

RC Demo 930 Bhp !!!

Hi All,

Just received a phone call from my Bro and the boys from RC Developments (England). They are on the way back from G-Force rolling road.

Car dyno'd at : 707.3 Bhp ATW @7000rpm
Or : 930 Bhp ATF

Car still producing 670 Bhp ATW @ 8000rpm

Torque: 673lb/ft @6700rpm

Race fuel and 2.3Bar.

The sun was shining and in the dyno cell today it never went under 30 degrees C.

I'm sure a graph will be posted soon.

Car is still in progress and adheres to a strictly NO Nitrous policy.

Well Done RC, a fantastic achievement!! - The Worlds best???????

Phil

Hooptie157 May 19, 2004 12:40 PM

930hp is just sick!!!

EVOlunchbox May 19, 2004 12:43 PM

Damn!!!

Mister2zx3 May 19, 2004 12:47 PM

223 HP lost in the drivetrain? Wow.

EVOTEXAS May 19, 2004 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
223 HP lost in the drivetrain? Wow.

I doubt it. Drivetrain loss percentages are bunk.

maki May 19, 2004 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by cakemonster
Hi All,

Race fuel and 2.3Bar.

2.3 bar {OMG} , thats 33psi according to my calculations

what are the engine mods??

eclipsegs2k1 May 19, 2004 02:37 PM

yeah, that's awesome man! i have a question though, how do you get the 900 hp number?? The reason I ask is because 223 hp lost in the drivetrain would be crazy... you know what i'm saying?

SterlingEvo May 19, 2004 02:40 PM

They're estimating 24% loss... I just did the math...

Mitchubishievo May 19, 2004 04:09 PM

Yeah, actually the loss sounds about right to me. Well, that's some sick power for a 4 cylinder; those supras better be watching out now :).

metaphysical May 19, 2004 04:15 PM

That's real good, about where Pruven, Turbotrix and Boost Solutions are at.

dilow May 19, 2004 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by maki
2.3 bar {OMG} , thats 33psi according to my calculations

what are the engine mods??

Wow, I'd like to know what it takes to make that kind of power as well. {thumbup}

evosevengsr May 19, 2004 06:38 PM

pics of the car?mods...
come on man!!!

MYEVOVIII May 19, 2004 06:50 PM

{OMG} WOW!!!! awesome numbers congrads {thumbup}

Dyno4mance May 19, 2004 06:50 PM

Hi All,

Just received a phone call from my Bro and the boys from RC Developments (England). They are on the way back from G-Force rolling road.

Car dyno'd at : 707.3 Bhp ATW @7000rpm

Race fuel and 2.3Bar.

The sun was shining and in the dyno cell today it never went under 30 degrees C.

I'm sure a graph will be posted soon.

Car is still in progress and adheres to a strictly NO Nitrous policy.

Well Done RC, a fantastic achievement!! - The Worlds best???????

Phil

G-Forces dyno is a Dyno Dynamics {OMG} ....If that car did put that down, that is one powerful evo...I would like to see the charts...I will be speaking to Chris at G-Force tomorrow so I will see if I can verify {thumbup}

TheGVR4kid May 19, 2004 07:06 PM

but its european, which means it'll run a 12.7

mksevo May 19, 2004 07:15 PM

24% drive train loss. well pass the pipe over here. most sticks are at 15% i would give a little more to the AWD but try like 18-20% worst case senario. more like 804 HP with about 123 hp for drive train loss. but any way you calculate still bad ass at 775+ hp maybe 800+ , I call shotgun {thumbup}

BluEvo3037 May 19, 2004 07:30 PM

HAHAHA....12.7...thats good....anyway...Did Boost Solutions ever post numbers???
Sorry if i'm behind on all the news

-John

GotBoost25psi May 19, 2004 08:57 PM

cool! show us some vids of this car tearing it up!!

btw i never saw him say it was an evo, this is an evo right?

chuntington101 May 20, 2004 12:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
That is amazing. I’m so glad for RC Developments as they have had to take so much **** recently. Moses will back me up on this it is an amazing feat and all the best to them. This car is soooooo hot it is unbelievable and very well prepared. On the power figure, no one will know the exact figure for the flywheel power because the engine is still in the car so any power figures (at the crank) will only be estimates. G-Force is one of the best roiling roads in the UK and has done countless Evos. They even tested back to back with stock and modified Evos (i.e. Norris Design’s car which has had the engine out and tested as well) and on their rollers found that the standard car had a transmission loss of 24.1% and Norris’s car 24%. With that in mind I feel that these are fair figures to be using (IMO)!

Here is some picks that I have nicked for moses (sorry mate but I have to)!

Thanks Chris.

chuntington101 May 20, 2004 12:31 AM

moses help i cant get it up! hehe. no the RC pic of them preping their Evo its just to BIG!!!!

thanks Chris.

PS mate you got anymore pics?????

Evolved_DSM May 20, 2004 04:01 AM

Damn what an accomplishment. With those numbers comes much respect for the outstanding tuning feats that were conquered....Congrats!

Hooptie157 May 20, 2004 09:47 AM

Hey they've got pretty good vids on that RC developments site, check it out:

http://www.rcdevelopments.com/

cakemonster May 20, 2004 12:58 PM

As stated above the transmission loss is accurate. Im sure GForce will verify the figure.

They have quoted the car as being the most powerful ever tested on their rolling road, a Skyline close second.

And yes the car is an Evo 6!!!

Phil

Mister2zx3 May 20, 2004 01:13 PM

EIther way 700+ awhp is smoking! but 930 claimed crank hp... well I'll just leave it alone and say who cares. 700+ is measured that's all that matters and should be considered.

So what does it run in the quarter or around any local circuits?

Dyno4mance May 20, 2004 01:43 PM

As stated above the transmission loss is accurate. Im sure GForce will verify the figure.

They have quoted the car as being the most powerful ever tested on their rolling road, a Skyline close second.

And yes the car is an Evo 6!!!

Phil

Maybe the most powerful evo......but Chris tunes their GT1 porsche on that dyno..and yep you can bet it is more powerful than that evo!!!!

Mister2zx3 May 20, 2004 03:42 PM

The Porsche GT1 makes no where near that power!

http://www.mcintyredesign.com/web/porsche/gt1.html

What makes race cars fast is low weight and great aero. Making Lots of Power is much easier than reducing weight and improving aero, hence it's much less expensive. But for the ultimate results you have to look to the most improving factors, lots of titanium, crabon fiber, and aero tuning.

Ultor May 20, 2004 03:54 PM

Where can I get this air intake! :drool:

http://www.rcdevelopments.com/galler...front1_jpg.jpg

Crufty Dusty May 20, 2004 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ultor
Where can I get this air intake! :drool:

Looks like a Blitz SUS Power Air Cleaner.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Blitz...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

moses evo May 29, 2004 04:49 AM

chuntington your welcome :)

and phil(cake) i asked a few times in the other thread, u guys are quick to answer other questions but when asked about what fuel u guys used, u dont wanna answer, is their something to hide or what, no one wants to answer that question, what fuel it wasnt normal race fuel was it, is that why u guys are afraid to answer

cheers

Ultor May 29, 2004 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Crufty Dusty
Looks like a Blitz SUS Power Air Cleaner.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Blitz...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I was talking about the intake pipe, sorry for the confusing =/

RENN-ART May 29, 2004 09:19 PM

i dont know which is more amazing.. 700whp or 30deg Celcius in England??!!! :eek:

which one is the record!? ;)

Yojimbo May 30, 2004 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by RENN-ART
i dont know which is more amazing.. 700whp or 30deg Celcius in England??!!! :eek:

which one is the record!? ;)

:lol: :lol:

cakemonster May 31, 2004 12:44 PM

Normal race fuel.

Nothing to hide mate. Just missed you're post.

Originally Posted by moses evo
chuntington your welcome :)

and phil(cake) i asked a few times in the other thread, u guys are quick to answer other questions but when asked about what fuel u guys used, u dont wanna answer, is their something to hide or what, no one wants to answer that question, what fuel it wasnt normal race fuel was it, is that why u guys are afraid to answer

cheers

plokivos May 31, 2004 01:42 PM

Isn't there a EVO 7 in Australia that has 1000 hp or something? That runs high 9's? Street legal?

I read that somewhere. It's the white EVo that costed $100,000 to build.

Maybe it's slower or less hp. I forget.

evo542 May 31, 2004 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by metaphysical
That's real good, about where Pruven, Turbotrix and Boost Solutions are at.

yeah right, Norris Designs dynoed their engine at 850hp and they ranned 10.1@139mph at the track - the fastest evo in US is the Turbotrix evo 10.9@132mph

plokivos May 31, 2004 02:08 PM

yeh, norris designs. They ran that on regular premium fuel. And they actually didn't boost all the way as it could when they tested that, right?

BMan May 31, 2004 05:38 PM

This is off the RC site...
"10.935Secs - 1/4 mile The RC Evo at Santa Pod with 20mph head wind....."
BMan

vr430 Jun 1, 2004 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
EIther way 700+ awhp is smoking! but 930 claimed crank hp... well I'll just leave it alone and say who cares. 700+ is measured that's all that matters and should be considered. <snip>

I could not agree more - 700+ whp is simply unreal and is the only number worth noting. However claiming 930hp crank based on "simple" math is playing a little loose with the numbers.

Let's think through this empirically:

Stock EVO is rated at 271HP at the crank. Let's say it puts down 200hp at the wheels - a 71hp or 26% drivetrain loss. In other words it takes 71hp to move the weight of the car down the road, "drive" the drivetrain, etc. In the above claimed crank hp example, that amounts to 230hp (!) Why? Weight of the car is more or less the same, drivetrain has the same "resistance". Conclusion - drivetrain loss is a constant and should not be expressed as a percentage. ie crank hp is 700+71=771, not 930.

Now, I used simple logic, if I missed anything please tell me where I am wrong.

ru4real Jun 1, 2004 11:28 AM

Gear meshes do not transmit torque with a loss of a constant value. Gear efficiency states that torque (and power) output is a percentage of torque (and power) input.
Geartrain efficiency depends on the types of gears (spur, helical, hypoid) and number of meshes used.
If the geartrain efficiency is 80%, then it outputs 80% of the input power. The greatest losses in an automotive drivetrain come from the right-angle gear meshes (usually the differentials).

vr430 Jun 1, 2004 12:05 PM

Thanks for the info but it still does not make sense to me - RC EVO is "losing" more HP then I'm generating! Not that I do not trust you, but I'll ask our resident mech engineer to give me a primer on the physics behind this phenomenon. I'm always willing to learn...

Mister2zx3 Jun 1, 2004 12:57 PM

I need to look into this as well. since hp != torque, I can understand where a gear has a percentage of torque since a 800hp F1 car only makes 250ft/lbs of torque at 15% loss it has 38 ft/lbs of torque loss. At 15,750 rpms would be 3x that torque or 114 hp.. But it is still only 38 ft/lbs of torque.. Hmmm.

That is a lot of heat generated in the driveline.. Must be why the drivelines are so prone to breaking. That could be like hitting it with a cutting torch if there is enough heat generated rapidly.

vr430 Jun 2, 2004 01:09 PM

My mechanical engineer says the answer lies somewhere in the middle - given the drivetrain is more or less the same. Icreased torque will encounter greater resistance by the gears and hence more hp will indeed be lost. However, in no way is it a linear relationship, ie you will not experience the same 24% loss at 800hp as you would at 300hp.

ShapeGSX Jun 2, 2004 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by evo542
yeah right, Norris Designs dynoed their engine at 850hp and they ranned 10.1@139mph at the track - the fastest evo in US is the Turbotrix evo 10.9@132mph

No, there is a 9.6 second Evo 2 in the US.

Dyno4mance Jun 2, 2004 02:02 PM

They don't count the engines the wrong way round :lol: :lol: :lol: just kiddin josh...mr DSM

Yojimbo Jun 2, 2004 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ShapeGSX
No, there is a 9.6 second Evo 2 in the US.

Are you sure? The only 9.x second Evo 2 I know about is the Aussie one. :dunno:

ShapeGSX Jun 2, 2004 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Yojimbo
Are you sure? The only 9.x second Evo 2 I know about is the Aussie one. :dunno:

Yes, it was owned by AMS.

Here it is at the shootout last year:
http://jaxson.spazmonkey.com/gallery...03/AMS_Evo2_01

Sorry, looks like it ran a 9.77,
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=33298

chuntington101 Jun 3, 2004 12:38 AM

Right I think there are a couple of points that NEED to be cleared up first. By the way if I offend anyone I am sorry it’s not intended.

On drive train loss. This is a simple fact of loosing energy to the surrounding environment. The more power you have, the more you will loose through drag, sound heat, etc, etc. I think some people need to read up on this matter. We all understand that ANY engine power figures that are calculated from at the wheels will only be an estimate. If you want figures then speak to G-Force in the UK. As said before they have tested standard and modded Evos on their rollers and have come to the same loss of 24%. These are proven so lest drop the whole thing and take the experts findings as correct.

On the quarter mile time. THIS CAR IS NOT A DRAG RACER!!!!! As you can see from the pics posted earlier this car is at home on any race circuit and not just at the track. I know that 1/4 mile times give you a good analysis of how fast a car really is but it is not set up solely for that!

Sorry but I need to say that. Chris.

PS. To Renn-Art, I bet it was still raining (or at least cloudy). We get all the c**p weather!!!!!

19.5PSI Jun 3, 2004 07:20 AM

dam, 223 hp loss is almost what mine produces at the wheel!!!!!