EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Boost-Solutions 702whp Evo (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/96215-boost-solutions-702whp-evo.html)

BadazzCR Aug 29, 2004 05:27 PM

Boost-Solutions 702whp Evo

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys just wanted to update everyone on the shop cars progress. We spent a few hours on the dyno yesturday tuning and got some great numbers. This was one of our last runs done at 32psi (T51R) of boost. Car was pulling extremly hard till the upper rpms when are now having trouble keeping the plugs from blowing out. Seems like the HKS DLI can only take you so far before needing a full all out custom ignition setup like a coil per plug setup. Run was made on race gas with AFRs of 11.0/1 for safety reasons.
Stay tuned as later this week we turn up boost, fix the plugs, and turn on the nitrous. {thumbup} {thumbup} {thumbup}

MalibuJack Aug 29, 2004 05:33 PM

I'm surprised you guys haven't devised a coil on plug setup, I am already experiencing ignition problems with the measly hardware I run..

I found some coils (for a coil on plug setup) that fits under the stock plug cover, they have a very fast recycle, will fire through almost anything..

Hey wait.. You were the one who pointed me in the right direction for the coils..
I found the denso equivalant part numbers..

Congrats on the numbers, thats just obscene! :thumbup:

blonde Aug 29, 2004 05:35 PM

700 hp and 480 tq???????? that doesn't seem right...

anyway, sick power!!!!!! just fix that plug problem and this should be one hell of a ride :)

metaphysical Aug 29, 2004 05:36 PM

Awesome numbers, although the torque is extremely low.

EvolvedfromaWRX Aug 29, 2004 05:36 PM

nice numbers...not the best power band...but damn it must spin some tires on that dyno

BadazzCR Aug 29, 2004 05:37 PM

We have run the coil per plug setup before but didn't have time to install it on our shop car yet. As we had never planned on putting up such numbers this soon.

Tq= numbers will go up once we get a few more runs and start playing with the timing instead of the conservative tune its at now. Also cam gears were set at zero., the fun part will be when we use the Nitrous to spool up the turbo {thumbup}

MalibuJack Aug 29, 2004 05:37 PM

That is one bizarre looking HP/TQ curve..

Boost Solutions Aug 29, 2004 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by EvolvedfromaWRX
nice numbers...not the best power band...but damn it must spin some tires on that dyno

Yeah, actually they were spinning. But we are pretty happy with the power and that everything is holding up. That was the first day the car was started up, so we did not want to push our luck.

Next week we are hoping to bring it to the track.

George

plokivos Aug 29, 2004 06:44 PM

I was there for the Dyno. The car is nuts! This is without the Nitrous, which is what amazes me.

The thing gets from 90 to 120mph under a second, it's sick!

I'm really excited. I personally think this maybe a 8 second car. The crazy thing is that if you took all the manufacture sticker out, it'll look stock!

I think the cosmetics will come naturally, but I'm really excited that I was there for that dyno. I think I lost some of my hearing. lol.

Lowness Aug 29, 2004 06:48 PM

that's some sick power!

Boost Solutions Aug 29, 2004 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by plokivos
I was there for the Dyno. The car is nuts! This is without the Nitrous, which is what amazes me.

The thing gets from 90 to 120mph under a second, it's sick!

I'm really excited. I personally think this maybe a 8 second car. The crazy thing is that if you took all the manufacture sticker out, it'll look stock!

I think the cosmetics will come naturally, but I'm really excited that I was there for that dyno. I think I lost some of my hearing. lol.

Deaf? I guess the 5" exhaust with no muffler and just open to the atmosphere will do it:-)

George

Boost Solutions Aug 29, 2004 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by BadazzCR
Hey guys just wanted to update everyone on the shop cars progress. We spent a few hours on the dyno yesturday tuning and got some great numbers. This was one of our last runs done at 32psi (T51R) of boost. Car was pulling extremly hard till the upper rpms when are now having trouble keeping the plugs from blowing out. Seems like the HKS DLI can only take you so far before needing a full all out custom ignition setup like a coil per plug setup. Run was made on race gas with AFRs of 11.0/1 for safety reasons.
Stay tuned as later this week we turn up boost, fix the plugs, and turn on the nitrous. {thumbup} {thumbup} {thumbup}

So if everything goes well, we should break the 800whp mark off nitrous ( cam gear adjustment, lean out by a whole AFR point, AEM C2DI, a bit more timing), and the 900-1000whp mark with nitrous easily ( car has 150 shot wet setup)...

George

metaphysical Aug 29, 2004 08:47 PM

Well, we want some track numbers. :) Preferably at the Sep. 11 event where I'll be to watch.

en1gma19 Aug 29, 2004 09:03 PM

holy sh1t. can't wait to hear some more updates

BadazzCR Aug 29, 2004 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by metaphysical
Well, we want some track numbers. :) Preferably at the Sep. 11 event where I'll be to watch.

We are working on the following:

- 42psi
- COP setup with the AEM C2DI
- tune for 12.0 AFR on c16 ( this dyno was 10.9-11.0, because this was the first day the car ran, we wanted really to see if it is holding under extreme conditions, that is why we wanted to push it, we were not even shooting for that power)
- a little bit more timing, since now it is conservative
- intake temp was going to 102-105 degrees ( need to do a dyno run in NJ:-))
- we dynoed with no intake pipe, just turbo open ( sucking hot air from the radiator), next we will put the intake pipe on, so the intake temp will go down
- the redline will be moved to 8500rpms, now we wanted to be careful with that beast on the dyno
- setup antilag and full throttle shifts ( that to the new Shepherd transmission)

The car was getting 30whp per pound of boost with that turboafter the 28psi mark. That big turbo really starts to shine in teh 30+psi area . The smaller 224 Dynojet spools it slower that the car spools on the street, so on the street the power will come on earlier.

Also, we are fixing to have it tuned to about 42psi. That is the efficiency of the turbo without pushing it. Otherwise the turbo is good for 3.6bar ( about 52psi). Just like the GT35R is efficient to 2.1-2.2 bar( 32psi) but you can push it to 2.7bar ( 39psi, just once or twice, but not daily)

So that 32psi run at 10.9-11.0 AFR was just a baseline :) :) :)

Also, we tried a quick 2step rev limit setup and at 5500rpms, the car did easy 6psi on that big turbo. We are confident that with the antilag, we should be able to launch at 10-12psi.

More updates to come this week:-)

George