Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Ssqbov

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2005, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ssqbov

I am having problems with my car idiling and it is almost wanting to die. We have adjusted the bolt all the way in and all the way out. You can rev the car up and when it idelse back down it falls almost all the way to 0 rpms and dies or trieds to die a. Does or has anybody had this problem and might be able to help me it would be great. Thanks lance
Old Mar 19, 2005, 01:00 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ballinnuts
I am having problems with my car idiling and it is almost wanting to die. We have adjusted the bolt all the way in and all the way out. You can rev the car up and when it idelse back down it falls almost all the way to 0 rpms and dies or trieds to die a. Does or has anybody had this problem and might be able to help me it would be great. Thanks lance
Try doing a search quite a few people are running that set-up. It is common to have idle problems with aftermarket BOV's. I wish I could help. I run the JDM valve and have no idle problems.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 05:44 PM

thanks

thanks for your help
Old Mar 19, 2005, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

you are not supposed to touch the bolt according to hks
Old Mar 19, 2005, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You just get a HKS EIDS(electronic idle stabalizer) about 120-150bucks depends were you go. It solves all them problems.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 06:11 PM

I Didnt Know THAT You Wernt SuppoSE TO ADJUST THE BOLT. . It Was Boggin Down While I Was Driving It And I Adjusted The Bolt And Now It Is Running Good Besides The Boging When I Put It In Neutral It Still Falls To 0rpm.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

ok this is very simple.. i have ran 6 BOVs VTA and 2 recirculated, Evo has a MAF sensor on the intake, this lil sucker is what is causing ur bogging/idle issues. ur basically throwing away air that is supposed to recirculate back into the intake and mix with fuel, instead, ur throwing that air away and the car is still feeding fuel which is causing ur car to run rich. And yes, HKS themselves say DONT touch that "adjustment" screw. I have had many HKS SSQs on my Evo (4 to be exact), and if ur lucky, ur car will have rough idle, but wont stall out that much, but either way, the evo is NOT a car that is supposed to run VTA unless ur running a standalone or blow by. Only solutions: EIDS is supposed to help, but wont solve all your problems, it also affects throttle response. 2nd...recirculate, this is the PROPER setup for a bov on the evo, but the HKS SSQ recirculated still idles like crap on the evo. 3rd....standalone or blow by maf. And yes im still running VTA on my bov.