Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Agency Power front motor mount

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agency Power front motor mount

THis is fo rthe Agency Power Front Motor mount, which comes to us courtesy of Vivid Racing. THanks, again guys.

INSTALLATION: EASY. With the undertray, this could take as long as 45+ minutes as you may find yourself wrestling with the clips for the undertray. They pretty much all have to come out (unless you're getting rid of it). With the undertray removed, install of the mount itself will take approximately twenty minutes if the car is on the ground.

First of all, lift the car. If doing this with a jack, always use jackstands, as the life you save may be your own. With the car supported, remove the undertray. THIS IS TIME CONSUMING. There is no real way around this, and you will inevitably be cursing at the clips that hold the tray in, as they love to strip and break. Do the best that you can.

With the undertray removed, you will see the lower support beam. This is what you will be removing to get to the lower mount. To remove this, you first have to remove this front lower underbody brace. once this brace is removed, locate the front lower engine mount itself, and locate the support bolt. Carefully, remove this bolt. Your engine should move only slightly upon removing this bolt.

Once th bolt is removed, you are ready to drop the support beam. Loosen the four bolts hold it in and carefully lower the beam. You should not need to support the engine so long as your three other engine mounts are in good order. With the beam off the car, we are now ready to swap the mounts.

Remove the four bolts holding the mount to the beam. They are in there well. IF possible, have a friend hold it while you remove them, but above all, try not to damage the beam (never a good thing). The new mount has new bolts as well (yay). Use them to install the mount to the beam. Other than that, installation is reverse of removal.

IMPRESSIONS: Immediately upon startup, you will notice a difference. The engine in definitely more pronounced through the clutch pedal during startup and driving. If you think you have too much engine vibration to begin with, this mount is NOT FOR YOU. Otherwise it is most definitely streetable whether on bone stock suspension, lowering springs, or coilovers (I actually tried it with all three). Shifting is also improved, as engine movement is reduced. For those of you whom like myself have experienced some trouble shifting in the higher rpms (this is dependant on driving style, but we're talking 7000+), this will help with the problem.

As for the mount itself, visually, it is deceptive. For one, it's somewhat smaller, and lighter. However, everything matches up. The main support hole is smaller the the stock one, dramatically reducing the amount of play the bolt has. The polyurethane is significantly stiffer than the stock rubber. Flex is slight. You will also find that during installation, the mount will fit back in place SNUGLY (or somewhat tight if you will). For example, with the lower support beam bolts loosened and not removed, you could wiggle the stock mount far easier than the Agency Power one.

INITIAL CONCLUSION: So far, I like it. While it felt somewhat weird at first, it is quite suitable for daily driving and track use. I can't wait to beat on it some more to see if it can hold up.
Attached Thumbnails Agency Power front motor mount-pict0291.jpg   Agency Power front motor mount-pict0292.jpg   Agency Power front motor mount-pict0294.jpg   Agency Power front motor mount-pict0295.jpg   Agency Power front motor mount-pict0297.jpg  

Last edited by thebluesky; Mar 30, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

More PIcs.
Attached Thumbnails Agency Power front motor mount-pict0298.jpg   Agency Power front motor mount-pict0301.jpg   Agency Power front motor mount-pict0299.jpg   Agency Power front motor mount-pict0304.jpg   Agency Power front motor mount-pict0305.jpg  

Old Mar 28, 2006, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

awesome write up. Do you have a link to the people you bought it from? And can you get a little more specific as to how it improved your shifting?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

great write-up..
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:32 PM

I have the agency power mount too. I couldn't agree more with the write up. You do get a slight vibration at idle and there is somemore feedback while driving. It isn't bad though. As with any mod to make the car better you can't get something for nothing.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Vivid provided us with the mount. You'll find them on the board sponsors list. As far as how it improved shifting, technically speaking it reduces front and rear engine movement, which has been alledged to improve shifting on various cars. From my own experience after I installed the mount, I noticed a difference. With my driving style, I tend to have shifting problems at high rpms (6.9K +) in the lower gears. Now I can shift there more easily. The only thing different I can attribute it to is the mount.

Last edited by thebluesky; Apr 15, 2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Real nice write up!! Hope you continue to love it!!!
Old Jan 31, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

The passanger mount is a bit hard to get in. You have to keep at it. I used a prybar and wiggled it in like the side mount.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

do you HAVE to remove that brace under neath?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by j14mp
No, you just have to support the motor and you can remove the mount.

Regards
Jon
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j14mp
While you don't have to, it makes it a lot easier to remove and install it, especially if you don't have access to lift.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info.. might get one
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks, got mine installed using this
Old May 24, 2012, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'm getting a "Whiteline" mount,does it sit inside the stock housing or how does that work?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

what size is the oem front motor mount bolt and nut? mine mut have came loose and fell out im trying to find out where to get one! thanks in advance