Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Engine/trans assembly and install help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine/trans assembly and install help

Hey guys this is my first post and first step into the Evo community. I recently traded for an 03 evo 8 that was already torn down and the engine was being rebuilt with a 2.3l stroker kit. I finally got the shortblock back and have no idea on where to start with reassembly. Ive download the pdf manuals and tried to understand them but grainy exploded views and "just put it together" wording doesn't do much for me. I tried searching but haven't had much success, my question is: Do you guys have any links or info on actually building the engine from short block to mating it with the trans and installing it? I mean oil pump install, timing, turbo, intake, clutch, all of it. I literally have a bunch of parts and bags with bolts. Any info is much appreciated and thx for taking the time to read this and/or possible help!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My post won't be much help but wanna welcome you to the forum. There is lots of knowledge here. Just wait for someone to chime in. May be a little easier to search each individual task at hand then put all that together for assemble. Example, find a step by step for a timing belt change. Then maybe one for head gasket, etc. good luck with the rebuild!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Installing that stuff is pretty straight forward. That's why the manual pretty much just lists torque specs and tells you what order to install them in. There isn't much more to it then that..