Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How-To: EGR Removal VIII/IX (and charcoal/EVAP canister)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:42 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nytalonTSi
Since I blocked off the egr I have been having cold idle surge, afrs also jump between 13.5- very lean and if I try to drive(to move car) I basically lose power or have to rev high. After about a few minutes, afrs are normal and no more idle surge. It's very annoying and I didn't have this problem before egr delete.
Be mindful of the periphery bits you disable. This is a semi-widely reported issue.... but no one has come forward to test and report which is the bit that causes it.

I'd love for you to test and report back!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
Be mindful of the periphery bits you disable. This is a semi-widely reported issue.... but no one has come forward to test and report which is the bit that causes it.

I'd love for you to test and report back!
I re-enabled the egr stuff in the ecu just to see if there would be a difference, none at all. So my problem is elsewhere.
Old May 10, 2011, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I apologizes if i missed the answer to this question but have been looking forever... but i noticed the original post mentioned for emissions Update your OBDII tables to report "passed" for the EGR test. I have already changed all my necessary periphery settings. does this mean i should change some values in my mut table as well? i completely removed my EGR and evap.
Old May 16, 2011, 04:14 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by gallas
I apologizes if i missed the answer to this question but have been looking forever... but i noticed the original post mentioned for emissions Update your OBDII tables to report "passed" for the EGR test. I have already changed all my necessary periphery settings. does this mean i should change some values in my mut table as well? i completely removed my EGR and evap.
There is a patch elsewhere on the site that will allow you to pass an emissions plugin test.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Can I use JB Weld for the port on the head instead of tapping it? Any negative consequences?

Seems easier
Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
lol...the heat and pressure would make short work of the jb weld. Don't be lazy, do it the right way or don't do it at all.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
lol...the heat and pressure would make short work of the jb weld. Don't be lazy, do it the right way or don't do it at all.

I thought JB weld was the stuff heavens were made off! LOL

Ok, cool and thanks

for some reason I had the idea JB weld was strong enough to resist all the heat and pressure an engine could generate.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JB weld will hold some heat... but i wouldnt use it for this either if it was me
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:09 PM

Cool, nice way to keep temps down
Old Sep 1, 2011, 05:06 AM

In the ECU:
-XXX- See Mr Fred Quote Below, might be good anyway- Change Periphery 0 (FAA) bit 11 to 1 (to disable EGR Timing advance)
-XXX- Not necessary if disabled correctly - Change Periphery 2 (FCA) bit 09 to 0 (to disable P0401 EGR Test)
-XXX- Unrelated, but a good change for anyone with problems - Change periphery 4 (FEA) bit 14 to 1 (to disable MAP vs Baro test on startup - not necessary but doesn't hurt)
sorry for stupid question. this is right for 2006 EVO 9 EDM 88580714 ?

EVAP and FPS was not removed, only the EGR.

thanks
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:16 AM

hi. quick question dose the evolution 4 have these's? im having trouble with a rough idle cold or hot if i let it settle down to 850/900rpm its bad.. over 1000 and its not lumpy and poping and farting.. iv changed so much stuff.. fuel filter air filter bov vacuum lines oil and filter removed the sas thing from exhaust manifold replaced joiners with silicon ones replaced my hole throttle body was cheap.. air flow meter ect.......
Old Sep 5, 2011, 06:45 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by chrisnicole88
hi. quick question dose the evolution 4 have these's? im having trouble with a rough idle cold or hot if i let it settle down to 850/900rpm its bad.. over 1000 and its not lumpy and poping and farting.. iv changed so much stuff.. fuel filter air filter bov vacuum lines oil and filter removed the sas thing from exhaust manifold replaced joiners with silicon ones replaced my hole throttle body was cheap.. air flow meter ect.......
Not sure but I'd check your ISCV and do the idle setting in diagnostic mode with the BISS. Can't be too different than a DSM.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by fostytou
Not sure but I'd check your ISCV and do the idle setting in diagnostic mode with the BISS. Can't be too different than a DSM.
what is iscv? im getting a OBD-D-T is the latest PC-based scan tool. soon so ill be able to reset idle.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisnicole88
what is iscv? im getting a OBD-D-T is the latest PC-based scan tool. soon so ill be able to reset idle.
ISCV = Islamic Society of Central Virginia.

Just kiddin...do a search on: iscv, idle timing, vac, biss. There is lots of info on how to make ecu changes for improvement.

Last edited by mchristian; Sep 6, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone found a way to reduce or completely stop the smell of fuel forming around the car? Would this be a potential hazard?

Quick Reply: How-To: EGR Removal VIII/IX (and charcoal/EVAP canister)