Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How To Install [BINARY] Recaro Seat Lowering Brackets

Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by S2kracka
How do you like the seats being lowered?
I bought the driver's and passenger's side.. but only installed the driver's side since it was such a PITA for me.. plus I scratched up the plastic panels in the interior, taking the seat in and out.. My car is still not running so I can't comment on how well I like it.. but i sat in it and it seems to be a good mod, since I am 6'4".
Old Mar 23, 2009, 09:31 AM

Hi, can we buy this Binary lowering seat brackets for recaro seats?
if yes, please give us the price with shipping (zip 11230) for a complete kit.
thank you,
Partex, inc.
www.partex-usa.com
partex@att.net
Old Mar 23, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

I've had these installed for about 2 months now and and am quite satisfied with them. I'm 5'9" so headroom wasn't a real issue with the stock brackets but I hated the stock seating position which made me feel like a damn bus driver. I feel significantly more "in tune" with my Evo now. Also, when I move the e-brake handle, my hand doesn't rub against the passenger seat anymore nor does it smash my passenger's knuckles if they happen to be holding onto the sides of the seats for dear life

Installation was a little tricky as some folks have said so I highly recommend taking a few minutes going though this thread to see what issues have already been mentioned. I found it a little easier to get the seats in an out by adjusting the seat backs forward a little. I managed to do it all by myself but as with most things, having another person to help would have made things go a little smoother. I did end up with two noticable scratches but if I was a little more careful they could have been avoided.

I recommend adjusting the seat as far to the outside of the car as possible. There is just enough flex in the brackets with me in the seats that the bolt head on the seat belt receptacle would make contact with the bracket mounted on the center tunnel. This prevented me from sliding the seat forward to my preferred seating position. After loosening things back up and making the necessary adjustments, I got the clearance I needed to slide the seat to any position necessary.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
I just installed the driver’s side brackets. Took about an hour and fifteen minutes. Wow, what a difference! I used to bump my shin against the underside of the dash when heel-toeing, not anymore. Great product, easy to install, and no installation issues at all.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

hey, instead of using loctite blue with the nuts provided in the kit, can nylock-style ones (M8-1.25 Class 8) be used instead?

Old May 5, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ixmrgg
hey, instead of using loctite blue with the nuts provided in the kit, can nylock-style ones (M8-1.25 Class 8) be used instead?
hey, I heard back from jid2, and he said that it should be fine.

I'm haven't completed the whole install (am also putting in Works base bushings as well as new shifter boot and knob), but the Binary brackets are definitely a worthwhile improvement. I'm over 6'4", and am digging the new seating position.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ixmrgg
(am also putting in Works base bushings as well as new shifter boot and knob)
I just put in those bushings - the difference is very subtle. While I had the console out, I put some insulation (DEI heatshield) around my cup holders to prevent my water bottle turning into water for hot tea during summer drives from tranny tunnel radiant heat.

Still love the lowering brackets...
Old May 5, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
I installed the brackets a while back, and it made a huge difference. I just added a CG lock for my last track day, and it made another big improvement. Between the two, it is a pretty sweet setup.
Old May 10, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

PM me a price for the seat brackets shipped to 80921. Thanks.
Old May 10, 2009, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

price for seat brackets shipped to 07950
Old May 11, 2009, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just did my driver side brackets.. all i can say is.. WOW.. lol.. big difference.. now she feels like a true evo.. thanks jid.. awesomee business man.. lol.. now i never want to leave my evo lol.. ill drive my behind down the street to get milk if i have too.. recommend this product.. and easy to install.. i did the driver side in like 30min.. its cake.. thanks again..
Old May 17, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
excellent write up... i have a few add ons / suggestions...

1- when installing the binary brackets, use the stock ones on top of them to ensure proper alignment of the new brackets.

2. use a cheater tool to get the stock allen bolt off. its a PITA with that loctite on there as-is.

other than that, outstanding write up.. came in handy!!!
Old May 17, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I got the Binary seat lowering brackets installed today! They really drop the seats and its a pretty dramatic change! I like it though since I now really feel like I am riding in and apart of the car. Zac (hellomynameis) helped me install them and he also really likes the feel. I'll have to do the fiancee test later...

*edit*
Passed the fiancee test! She likes them.
Old May 19, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

PM me the price shipped to 20874
Old May 20, 2009, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Where can I buy these from now? It seems that the thread everyone has linked too is gone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How To Install [BINARY] Recaro Seat Lowering Brackets