EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   How To Remove Wing? Can someone Teach Me? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/233532-how-remove-wing-can-someone-teach-me.html)

Pure Playaer Nov 6, 2006 08:07 PM

How To Remove Wing? Can someone Teach Me?

Id like to know how to take off my wing.. n since none of the write ups on how are working, if someone could post how to on here, that would be excelent.

Sap12687 Nov 6, 2006 08:09 PM

Pop Trunk
unscrew two rubber bump stops and remove bolt under bump stop.
Rip her off.....first time is always the hardest cause you need to break the seal of the double sided tabe.

06MREvo Nov 6, 2006 08:12 PM

4 nuts man. 2 you can see right when you pop the trunk and the other 2 are under the little rubber height adjust things for the trunk. I can't remember what size socket it is, but just undo those nuts and then it should come right off. Besides the 4 nuts there is some double sided sticky tape on it and that shouldn't be very hard to get off. Hopefully that helps some.

h.funk Nov 6, 2006 08:14 PM

10 mm socket. And some dental floss to break the double side tape.

sleet Nov 6, 2006 08:15 PM

Dude if you can't figure this out, there is a problem.

Remove the rubber circle screw things, remove bolts and pull the wing off.

Pure Playaer Nov 6, 2006 08:31 PM

after its off, cna i put the wing back on easily?

does it require more double sided tape when reinstalling it?

Pure Playaer Nov 6, 2006 08:33 PM

also..

i dont need to fill the holes with anything while the wing is off do i??

thedarkside Nov 6, 2006 08:33 PM

Took mine off today. 2 bolts and 2 nuts. Remove them. I recommend fishing line because it is easier to deal with than floss. Use a saw motion back and forth through the adhesive and have someone put upwards pressure at the same time (makes it easier) then pull it off and fingeroll the tape off. Presto. (im drunk so dont kill me if your car blows up) hahaha Goose FTW!

thedarkside Nov 6, 2006 08:34 PM

use ACE hardware clips to fill the holes...looks much cleaner but the sqaure guide holes you can do anything about.......carbon fiber trunk FTWx2

Pure Playaer Nov 6, 2006 08:37 PM

nah i just wanna take the wing off for like drag racing, and maybe a little bit of daily driving.. but will they have to be filled for daily or will it be fine?

is the reinstall a problem? or does it just get put right back in, and thats it?

HassounEVO Nov 6, 2006 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
nah i just wanna take the wing off for like drag racing, and maybe a little bit of daily driving.. but will they have to be filled for daily or will it be fine?

is the reinstall a problem? or does it just get put right back in, and thats it?

Reinstalling is very simple, just put some double sided tape along the inside edges, put the wing on and tighten it. 5 minutes and you're done. If you don't feel like buying plugs, just use a little bit of electrical tape to cover the holes...

Pure Playaer Nov 6, 2006 08:46 PM

cool.

so it does require double sided take for reinstall?

and to cover the holes for DD, ill just cover it with some tape! lol

Pure Playaer Nov 6, 2006 08:54 PM

Thanks everyone!

thedarkside Nov 7, 2006 11:55 AM

No problem...hope everything works out (be careful popping the trunk now the runk release is a slingshot without the wing on it)

implayaz9 Nov 17, 2006 11:04 AM

what is the best to fill up the holes?.