EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   help installing clutch (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/249804-help-installing-clutch.html)

stockredevo Feb 6, 2007 06:36 PM

help installing clutch

need someone to explain how to install a clutch.

boostinjuice Feb 6, 2007 06:41 PM

Good Luck on that one

forum04pl Feb 6, 2007 06:42 PM

try evomoto.com they have a writeup from what i remember

hondafan Feb 6, 2007 08:14 PM

a little more specific would help. there's a good write-up on evomoto and a good write-up in the how-to forum here. if those two don't give enough info, i wouldn't try it yourself.

Peteypab2133 Feb 6, 2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by stockredevo (Post 3945097)
need someone to explain how to install a clutch.

Insert 500 George Washington's at local performance shop, pick car up next day and 500 miles later vroom vroom...

Those are the 3 steps i am taking. Although i have the tools and man power to do it, its cold in our garage, and no time due to school/work

Good luck with that though man,

4WS Tuning Feb 6, 2007 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by forum04pl (Post 3945118)
try evomoto.com they have a writeup from what i remember

+1

thats what every1 follows who has large testicles to do it

Silver05Bullet Mar 13, 2007 05:51 PM

i hate the effin throw out bearing

Evoryder Mar 13, 2007 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide (Post 3945597)
+1

thats what every1 follows who has large testicles to do it

+1

I used moto...03' evo write up was right on the money.

TOB wasn't that bad...just lining up the freaking tranny to the motor got annoying...

gamma500 Mar 14, 2007 09:10 AM

Good writeups at the 2 sites...for those of you with 6 speed MR trannys...you will definitely struggle if you try the ramps, limited height access method. If you don't have a lift, get the car as high as safely possible on both ends and have a muscle bound friend to help hump the tranny out and in, plus, loosen or remove motor mounts so you can raise and lower the engine while trying to get the trans to line up with the splined shaft.

BaLListic_EVO Mar 17, 2007 10:50 AM

i have done clutches on both a 2003 and 2005 both went pretty decent done in 1 day but the trans alignment is the biggest pita of the entire job.... some have issues with the tob coming loose i think thats just hit and miss if u have problems....

FastAzzEvo Mar 17, 2007 11:40 AM

Not to bad of an install. Unless its an MR.

Biggest issues were

the retaining ring for the clutch kit.

Kept popping it up when the gear set didn't hit it right.

So aligning the engine and the transmission is the biggest pita.

I suggest using a lift and just lifting that mofo up there on your shoulder.