EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   Gigantic Debadging/Badge Removal Thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/50898-gigantic-debadging-badge-removal-thread.html)

TurboWill Nov 22, 2003 07:50 AM

How to Remove Stock Factory Badge

Does anyone have an easy way or trick to remove the Lancer "Evolution badge" that comes with the car? I Just put on the Evolution VIII badge and I want to remove the stock one.
Thanks

citius Nov 22, 2003 02:00 PM

stock badge removal

use a hair dryer and dental floss, take your time.
all the residual glue, use a towel with wd-40 and whipe it off.
..hope this helps.

TurboWill Nov 22, 2003 04:45 PM

Hey thanks worked well. Instead of wd-40 I used goo gone. Came right off:)

SinCityEvo Nov 22, 2003 09:11 PM

Now wax the spot where it was.

TurboWill Nov 22, 2003 11:21 PM

Already did. Looks great with just the Evolution VIII and the mitsu symbol:)

Pwrhockey Nov 25, 2003 06:33 AM

Hey just a quick newbie question.....is the Mitsu symbol just glued on also, i ask because everything on my car except for the Actual A is glued on. The A on my car is mounted by holes in the hatch

rebelzx Nov 25, 2003 06:54 AM

The :mitsu: symbol is glued on too.

damonn007 Nov 25, 2003 08:24 PM

ahh now I get it thanks alot dude

Karash Nov 28, 2003 11:40 AM

I swear I cannot find any goo gone! :(

Where did you get yours at? At autozone or oriellys they have no clue what I am talking about.

kimletrim Nov 29, 2003 05:42 AM

Try Home Depot or Lowes or also try Goof Off

TheAngryTiTTy Dec 3, 2003 04:02 PM

This is the procedure that Ive used on a couple of cars (some audis, some Vdubs, and a friends EVO)..

First..
I wash the car...
Second..
I break out my dental floss (if its good for your teeth its good enough for your car.. right?) which I use to saw away the glue holding the badge up (if you don't have dental floss you can also use fishing line).. What I do is wrap some dental floss around my two index fingers and saw away the glue behind the badge.. Simple enough
Third...
With the badge off the car, I use some automotive adhesive remover to get the rest of the clue off.. I bought the adhesive remover from my local auto-parts store..
Fourth..
I rewash the area to get rid of all the adhesive remover..
Fifth..
I follow up with some Imperial hand glaze to clean up the area (and some clay bar if needed)..
Finally..
I finish the area up with some blitz wax..

I don't use a heat gun or a hair drier simply because Im a little nervous about apply heat to the paint..

joedown Dec 31, 2003 08:09 PM

About how long to remove a badge?

Im new and I have read almost every post on this site.I just joined today.Anyways I work almost everyday and I want to know about how long it will take to remove a ES emblem.Thanks in advanced...

Kelmar Dec 31, 2003 08:19 PM

It shouldn't take too long. When I took my OZ badge off the longest part was managing to clean up all the glue from the back of the trunk (it could take anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes depending on how much glue you leave on the trunk and what you are using to get the glue off). Hope it helps....

10 minutes is a safe bet.

pumpdog720 Dec 31, 2003 08:25 PM

It took me 5 minutes maybe. Mostly just taking the time to heat up the badge. Also this goes in Lancer forums not Evo.

TRDHarrier Dec 31, 2003 08:31 PM

it takes u 5 minutes total including remove and clean up.