EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   FiTronic Flex Fuel DIY (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/749348-fitronic-flex-fuel-diy.html)

thedru13 Jun 17, 2018 02:14 PM

FiTronic Flex Fuel DIY

Does anyone have a DIY on how to install the FiTronic Flex Fuel parts? Recently got a Kit from Tom and just not sure about the install. there is some wiring and not sure what wire goes where. any help would be great thanks.

Evocam757 Jun 19, 2018 09:06 PM

Good to here they still make this kit , I contacted English racing and they said they still tune for this kit but they don’t sell it , I guess I’ll get it from Tom for my evo 8 !

thedru13 Jun 19, 2018 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Evocam757
Good to here they still make this kit , I contacted English racing and they said they still tune for this kit but they don’t sell it , I guess I’ll get it from Tom for my evo 8 !

Would be great if they gave instructions on how to install it

Evocam757 Jun 19, 2018 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by thedru13 (Post 11827163)
Would be great if they gave instructions on how to install it

Who did you purchase it from ? I’m sure they can help you out

thedru13 Jun 20, 2018 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Evocam757
Who did you purchase it from ? I’m sure they can help you out

Bought from Tom. Tough guy to get a hold of.

gqcode Jun 21, 2018 10:22 AM

Why Fitronic when only very small amount tuner can tune that thing? Especiaaly for an 8 when you can rewired the flex fuel sensor to the ECU? I just don't like to be limit it to a certain amount tuner that why I was asking why

Evocam757 Jun 21, 2018 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by gqcode (Post 11827435)
Why Fitronic when only very small amount tuner can tune that thing? Especiaaly for an 8 when you can rewired the flex fuel sensor to the ECU? I just don't like to be limit it to a certain amount tuner that why I was asking why

The reason I want to go that route is because the display can literally monitor almost everything evoscan can monitor , also the 3 tuners who can tune it are the best in the business from what I’ve read and gathered

bvliz Jun 21, 2018 03:36 PM

I found the instructions Tom sent me,when I installed mine,send me a pm with your email and I’ll send you them

SW20Mike Jul 1, 2018 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by bvliz (Post 11827480)
I found the instructions Tom sent me,when I installed mine,send me a pm with your email and I’ll send you them

pm sent

Evocam757 Jul 1, 2018 11:59 PM

Wish I could get this kit , nobody from tscompusa will even email me / Facebook message me back

Evo9_Dubai Jul 7, 2018 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by gqcode (Post 11827435)

It is not the fitronic the issue. You can buy ANY Ethanol content sensor with a 5v output, such as AEM or Zeitronix and wire it to the ECU. It can be wired to the alt map switch pin and logged in evoscan. Although the issue remains that the few that have the rom+definition for the flexfuel options are selling it only. And if you buy it, that does not give you the definition so you can play with it and learn it yourself. I have done flexfuel on tephraxmod v3 and it is fairly simple, tune a pump gas map, tune an E85 map and enabling the flexfuel will do the rest.

kindelan4g63 Aug 21, 2018 04:49 PM

hey, what did you pay for the complete fitronic kit from tscomp?

SW20Mike Aug 23, 2018 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by kindelan4g63 (Post 11835934)
hey, what did you pay for the complete fitronic kit from tscomp?

The kit itself with the fuel hoses runs about $750. Add an extra $500 to get the flex fuel tune, I was given the option to pay for the tune after paying for the kit or with the kit, I just paid for it all at once at about $1,250.

gqcode Aug 29, 2018 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai (Post 11829774)
It is not the fitronic the issue. You can buy ANY Ethanol content sensor with a 5v output, such as AEM or Zeitronix and wire it to the ECU. It can be wired to the alt map switch pin and logged in evoscan. Although the issue remains that the few that have the rom+definition for the flexfuel options are selling it only. And if you buy it, that does not give you the definition so you can play with it and learn it yourself. I have done flexfuel on tephraxmod v3 and it is fairly simple, tune a pump gas map, tune an E85 map and enabling the flexfuel will do the rest.

I understand but as I mention for Evo 8 there's no need to fitronic, I wire and 5vdc to the ECU to be able to log in evoscan. I know for EVO IX the rom definition are not available which is kind of sad unless you get a standalone. Anyway for Evo 8 the rom definition are available, my Evo is running on flex fuel

MuslimEvoFreak Sep 25, 2018 10:04 AM

If anyone wants a Fittronic kit, I am selling mine! Hit me up!