Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Fuel Rail Feed Line Removal / Installation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Rail Feed Line Removal / Installation

I want to install my AMS fuel rail feed line, but I'm a bit nervous about the side of the line that connects to the hard line coming from the firewall. Anyone have any tips on how to do this? I feel as if I torque on it to much i'll break the hard line, and there isn't to much room down there to work.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts
do what i did, remove the hard line, and use 2 fuel barb fittings and just run a nice tucked clean fuel injector hose looks 100% cleaner..
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

New Fuel Line

Im having this same problem as "Chukee_R" in the first post. Im trying to loosen the fuel line and it seems to just make the hard line move. Could I heat the hard line fitting up with a heat gun to loosen the connection or something? Any Tips would be extremely helpful!!!
Old Mar 31, 2018, 04:15 PM

Bump i soaked mine in pb blast and it still bends and yes I'm using a flared wrench
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fuel Feed Line Fitting STUCK!

I'm also having an issue with this. I'm using a large 19mm on one end and a 14mm on the other end, holding one in place and putting force on the 19mm wrench to loosen it. Doesn't budge. Just flexes the line slightly and I'm applying full force to loosen it. Already soaked it in PB Blaster Penetration fluid over the course of an hour, about 10 times. If I can't get this thing off or it breaks, I'm just going to upgrade the entire feed. I'm really hoping to avoid this route. Can anyone provide a solution?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by frantz-4g63
I'm also having an issue with this. I'm using a large 19mm on one end and a 14mm on the other end, holding one in place and putting force on the 19mm wrench to loosen it. Doesn't budge. Just flexes the line slightly and I'm applying full force to loosen it. Already soaked it in PB Blaster Penetration fluid over the course of an hour, about 10 times. If I can't get this thing off or it breaks, I'm just going to upgrade the entire feed. I'm really hoping to avoid this route. Can anyone provide a solution?
I also had a hard time breaking ths loose. I ended up clearing as much things out of the way to get maximum access. Then used 2 long combo wrenches and set them about 2" apart as perpendicular as possible to get the most contact with the surfaces of the nuts and squeezed as hard as I can. If you have already stripped part of the surfaces, then you can try another angle surface or use a visegrip to clamp your wrench open ends to prevent further stripping. Good luck. It is an absolute PITA.
B​e careful not to damage the nuts too bad where you end up using Visegrip wrenches on them to remove (could cause end to become oval and then leak)
Old Jun 22, 2018, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Solved!

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
I also had a hard time breaking ths loose. I ended up clearing as much things out of the way to get maximum access. Then used 2 long combo wrenches and set them about 2" apart as perpendicular as possible to get the most contact with the surfaces of the nuts and squeezed as hard as I can. If you have already stripped part of the surfaces, then you can try another angle surface or use a visegrip to clamp your wrench open ends to prevent further stripping. Good luck. It is an absolute PITA.
B​e careful not to damage the nuts too bad where you end up using Visegrip wrenches on them to remove (could cause end to become oval and then leak)
I ended up removing the hard line from the car and putting the larger fitting into a vice without applying too much pressure, and loosening the smaller fitting from it since the smaller fitting had to be reused. Worked perfectly! Reinstalled the line and used an an6 adapter fitting to an an6 hose end fitting for the new fuel rail setup 👍🏽
The following users liked this post:
2006EvoIXer (Jun 22, 2018)