Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to Convert GSR/RS to Factory HID w/Fogs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to Convert GSR/RS to Factory HID w/Fogs

I just picked up a set of Mr oem projector headlights. i have a 2004 RS. i was about to install them the minute i got home But then it was like a buz kill when i found out the harness was different. . im trying to figure out a way So i could run the mr headlights . any ideas anybody or even someone who have do this willing to do a custom harness for me? im in so cal anything would help pics,links,videos even better i dont want to sell the set i really got a good deal from a buddy of mine. thanks
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
55 view, no replies
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a thread on it somewhere if you search.

You will have to mock up all of your own wiring/relay for the fogs, but that will be easy. Other than that, buy an HID kit with a 9006 to D2S adapter and you are good to go. It's that easy.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

I just did a factory JDM MR HID headlight into an evo RS. You have to cut, change plugs, solder, make a ground, rearrange wiring around to make this work. But it works.
PM me for details.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:00 PM

good information
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

It's actually really really simple. All you need is the harness with the fuse box from a MR. And the fog light and leveling switches. I would check and make sure the connectors for the fogs and leveling switches should be taped to the harness right above the fuse box. I just swapped the harness in my ix along with lights and added the 2 switches. I'll have my car back thursday (my motor, trans, and tcase just got built and I swapped the harness while the car was on the rack) and will be able to confirm this worked, but I have no doubts because I talked to another member.

edit: Also is nice and clean and keeps from having wires going all over the place. Nothing beats an oem look IMO

edit2: My IX is a base and I got the parts new using my friend's IX MR VIN

Last edited by tjac357; Jan 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tjac357
It's actually really really simple. All you need is the harness with the fuse box from a MR. And the fog light and leveling switches. I would check and make sure the connectors for the fogs and leveling switches should be taped to the harness right above the fuse box. I just swapped the harness in my ix along with lights and added the 2 switches. I'll have my car back thursday (my motor, trans, and tcase just got built and I swapped the harness while the car was on the rack) and will be able to confirm this worked, but I have no doubts because I talked to another member.

edit: Also is nice and clean and keeps from having wires going all over the place. Nothing beats an oem look IMO

edit2: My IX is a base and I got the parts new using my friend's IX MR VIN
i def would like to see this.. how much did it cost.. cuz i really would like fogs
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'll look into cost since I can't recall since I ordered the parts over a year ago and just put them in lately. Everything is functioning perfectly though. At first my fogs didn't work but I forgot to add the fog like relay and then everything was good. I can find prices for everything if there's interest. Not gonna lie, part of the harness was a pain since it connects to the clutch switches but worth it in the long run

I'll try and get part numbers and take some pics this week as well.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

that would be much appreciated... i hate that i dont have fogs
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by jmcmill3
that would be much appreciated... i hate that i dont have fogs
Trade me headlights =)
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm hoping to do this as well... can we get those pictures?? I have switches right now....but haven't been able to find that wiring harness yet.

I have MR headlights on my IX GSR...

Any updates??
Old Feb 2, 2013, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Didn't have a chance to make it to the dealership during the week. Just too busy. And the ball and chain made me stay in Saturday morning. However I'm off Monday and need to go there to pick up some parts so I will have part numbers then. In the meantime. I have some pics.

Leveler/Fog Switch Lit Up on their own

Fog Light on Dash

Driving

HIDs with my yellow fogs

On an unrelated note. That's the only parking lot I was in all day with barely any snow on it
Old Feb 2, 2013, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MCPunk79
I'm hoping to do this as well... can we get those pictures?? I have switches right now....but haven't been able to find that wiring harness yet.

I have MR headlights on my IX GSR...

Any updates??
The harness is the one that includes the fuse box
Old Dec 19, 2014, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tjac357
I'll look into cost since I can't recall since I ordered the parts over a year ago and just put them in lately. Everything is functioning perfectly though. At first my fogs didn't work but I forgot to add the fog like relay and then everything was good. I can find prices for everything if there's interest. Not gonna lie, part of the harness was a pain since it connects to the clutch switches but worth it in the long run

I'll try and get part numbers and take some pics this week as well.
Bumping this. I'm really interested in how much all the parts cost & a possible part break-down if possible.

Not having HIDs + fogs is the one thing that pisses me off about my GSR.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 08:31 PM

I second that∆

Quick Reply: How to Convert GSR/RS to Factory HID w/Fogs