Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

"Dump pipe" a.k.a o2 housing a.k.a "turbo outlet" looking for a particular D.I.Y

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Dump pipe" a.k.a o2 housing a.k.a "turbo outlet" looking for a particular D.I.Y

Hi guys,

(The vehicle part that has many names as; ( pot, Hashish, Cannabis, bong, joint, weed, hemp & marijuana)

Yes I've done a bit of research and i have found that there are x3 conventional ways of doing this.

1. Radiator

2.) Manifold

3.) Manifold + Turbo hot side.

I recall seeing a D.I.Y thread of someone having the car jacked up and provided pictures of the radiator being OFF.

i can't seem to find it anymore.

I seriously don't want to touch the manifold or turbo even if it would save me 2 hours.

Does anyone know of this thread or can find it?, it may not be from this forum

Last edited by wowzers; Apr 25, 2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should pull the radiator and whole turbo setup off man, the bolts on the o2 housing get really rusted out and a PITA
Old Apr 25, 2014, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
you should pull the radiator and whole turbo setup off man, the bolts on the o2 housing get really rusted out and a PITA
yeah ill see, it will be my last resort.

ill avoid it if i can. the car has 31,130 miles on it… so I'm hoping at this mileage, its won't be that bad.

I know there was a thread by a user name Jamieson on here with pictures. (which i cant again…find)

it has pictures and I'm starting to think it was the same tutorial… except the last few days some pictures were missing.

anyone help?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by wowzers
Hi guys,

(The vehicle part that has many names as; marijuana, pot, Hashish, Cannabis, bong, joint, weed, hemp & marijuana)

Yes I've done a bit of research and i have found that there are x3 conventional ways of doing this.

1. Radiator

2.) Manifold

3.) Manifold + Turbo hot side.

I recall seeing a D.I.Y thread of someone having the car jacked up and provided pictures of the radiator being OFF.

i can't seem to find it anymore.

I seriously don't want to touch the manifold or turbo even if it would save me 2 hours.

Does anyone know of this thread or can find it?, it may not be from this forum
... hey man not to sure how to use this evo site but rel quik its very simple to install this 02 housing..
greas the bults on the o2H from ubove the hood
then jack the car up do that same prossess this is also done on the exhaust bolts too and the strut bar under also if you have one. remove the strut bar . remove the bolts from exhaust and pull or let the exhaust hang lower your car as low as possible and start with the first 2 bolts of the 02H from the top engine bay soon as those are done go bottome there should be 2 more bolts if not 3. remove those and you done and just do everything els backwords to put it on =) sorry if i missed anything
Old Apr 25, 2014, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Maxpowerevo8
... hey man not to sure how to use this evo site but rel quik its very simple to install this 02 housing..
greas the bults on the o2H from ubove the hood
then jack the car up do that same prossess this is also done on the exhaust bolts too and the strut bar under also if you have one. remove the strut bar . remove the bolts from exhaust and pull or let the exhaust hang lower your car as low as possible and start with the first 2 bolts of the 02H from the top engine bay soon as those are done go bottome there should be 2 more bolts if not 3. remove those and you done and just do everything els backwords to put it on =) sorry if i missed anything
sounds like you performed this without removing the radiator.

Which i forgot to list as number "4.)".

Apparently that is possible. But some have achieved this and some have damaged the radiator in the process and having to replace it.

So the last thing i want to do is, Replacing the o2 housing and having to source and replace the radiator as well.

I know its not hard to take off the radiator, fan, Hoses & radiator bolts.

Im still struggling to find the URL. (I've got a good idea as I've done my research on this, But its a matter of me to personally have a go at it, myself.). I just want to have the URL/Tutorial there… if you know what i mean?

Also i think you did miss something; A lot of people have complained of leaks after installation due to poor gasket or poor gasket fitment. But Thankyou for your support with this, your comments/replies are most welcome here.

I need to source a gasket also.

Last edited by wowzers; Apr 25, 2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 09:06 PM

Greasing nuts and bolts def. helps in long run .
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DRO.Evo8
Greasing nuts and bolts def. helps in long run .
yep, purchased some anti-seize today as well as some copper gasket spray aswell to prep this work up

almost ready to go. (except for the fact that I'm missing a turbo to o2 gasket)

However something came across my mind today.

the invidia is just under 3" … the stock is about 2.5" i think.

I have a stainless steel aftermarket down pipe thats 3" (I'm not sure the brand as it came with the car. Thats right, 3" down pipe and nothing else… odd yea?)

I've noticed some o2 housings have a flat section on the outlet flange…(JM fabrication, HPI, etc etc the invidia has a tapered wedge type (with the brass donut)

whatever down pipe is on here, it currently fits with the stock o2 housing.

So im guessing it would be compatible with the Invidia?

let me know what you think