Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

AEM AFR Gauge Not Working

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM AFR Gauge Not Working

I sent AEM an email this morning and have yet to hear back - we're waiting to get the car in for a tune & want to fix this sooner than later.

We recently bought a car that has an AEM AFR Gauge installed. Upon startup, the gauge would go through a start up cycle, read for a second or two and then it would go to 3 solid dashes. We found that that may be because of a bad sensor. We pulled the sensor and found a Denso Sensor installed - it looks like maybe it's an OEM comparison narrowband sensor? Is this what could be causing the problem?

We found online that we should be using the Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor. But a lot of what I'm finding looks like they're 5 wire sensors, will this matter?

Also, If we can use the Bosch LSU with this plug, is it true that we can only purchase them online? I can't seem to find them anywhere locally.

My other concern is, the 4-wire harness that's plugged into the back of the sensor itself is Red, White, Blue, and Black, but the harness where the sensor itself plugs in appears to be Red and Yellow, Blue and Yellow, Black, and White.

I know I'm probably over-analyzing this, but the car didn't have the best work done to it upon purchasing it. This is the last little issue we're having, so I just want to ensure we're addressing the problem and fixing it correctly. I honestly feel pretty dumb for not being able to figure this out, so I appreciate the help!

Model #'s for the Gauge

The 4 pin connector to the back of the gauge with Red, White, Blue, and Black wires

The harness the sensor plugs into with White, Blue/Yellow, Red/Yellow, and Black wires

This is the Denso O2 Sensor we removed

Here's what the plug looks like.