Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Definitive Guide: installing euro

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guide: install euro evo viii trunk badge

I thought I'd just combine it all into one thread, being that I've read about 10 different ways to install this and I wanted to share my experience as I did this last night.

I am not going to cover removing the old "Lancer Evolution" badging. See this thread for info on that:

Removing the stock emblem

There are two ways to do this: sloppy and not so sloppy. The sloppy method can be summed up as such: wipe down the adhesion area on trunk, peel tape from back of badging, apply with best eye possible, remove tape from top of badging.

Now for the not-so-sloppy method (excuse my crude photoshop drawings; they are meant for representation only):

Wash the trunk
Wash it with Dawn to strip all the wax off. Make sure it's squeaky clean! Dry thoroughly, and allow it to air dry for a few minutes to further ensure 100% dryness.

Stick a level to the car
I applied 2 pieces of double-sided tape to the back of an 8" level, then level the thing under the diamond star badge. Incidentally my badge was not 100% level! This is what you will have afterwards:

Note the centerline
Test fit the badge just for visual reference. Note the centerline of the badge is the stalk of the "T" in "EVOLUTION". Place it directly underneath the center of the diamond logo. This is what you'll be aiming for.

Remove tape from back of badge and place on car
The tape comes of very easily, just go nice and slowly. Now before you touch the trunk with those letters, do another test fit about a 1/2" off the surface. Note that you can use your level as a guide on the top of the badging tape (the front tape left on the badge to hold it together) to ensure a horizontally straight mount. Now gently pull the left/right edges of that tape so the badge is taut, and slowly place it on the trunk. If you screw up, you can pick it off very slowly but it'll come off. Once you have it on the car, press each letter into place. Now remove the frontal tape and you're done!

Now don't forget to re-wax the trunk and such. Also press those letters in again just to make sure they aren't going anywhere.

Last edited by webguy330i; Oct 16, 2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discuss thread here