EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How Tos / Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations-82/)
-   -   FUSE update (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations/713666-fuse-update.html)

Mikeyy00 May 26, 2015 12:10 PM

FUSE update

Hey all,

Noticed there's a FUSE update from Dec 14. Would like to not go to the stealership to get this installed.. does anyone know where I can find the update.package file from that update?

Thanks

Mikeyy00 Jul 8, 2015 12:32 PM

Cool, I've sent them a message as well.

If you hear back, please post here, or PM me. (I'll do the same)

Thanks!

Manevitch Jul 22, 2015 12:15 PM

Any news? I was interested enough to stop lurking and register for an account, just so I could ask...

horizmatic Aug 25, 2015 05:37 AM

Update files

9, 11, 18.

18 version include English, French, Spanish, Italian, German,
Dutch, Portuguese and Russian languages.

Gh3ttoRoM3o Aug 27, 2015 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by GDPeezy (Post 11498551)
Thanks for the files, however when trying to follow the steps from "https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-electrical-audio-security/570327-anyone-know-how-update-nav-firmware.html" it says no file. Did the update procedure change?

I can't even get that far. I do the who Set+nav thing, then go to hands free module. THere isnt even an update button. Only three buttons I have on that screen are back, a grayed out unlock, and a grayed out error codes.

horizmatic Aug 28, 2015 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o (Post 11498652)
I can't even get that far. I do the who Set+nav thing, then go to hands free module. THere isnt even an update button. Only three buttons I have on that screen are back, a grayed out unlock, and a grayed out error codes.

Can you check 9.0.0 update file? I mean download it, copy "update.package" to FAT32 flash drive and check is "update button" appear. But do not apply update if version of your SF is 9.0.0 or bellow.

Gh3ttoRoM3o Aug 28, 2015 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by horizmatic (Post 11499114)
Can you check 9.0.0 update file? I mean download it, copy "update.package" to FAT32 flash drive and check is "update button" appear. But do not apply update if version of your SF is 9.0.0 or bellow.

Just reformatted to be on the safe side, threw on 9.0.0 and tried again. No still no update button. If it makes a difference at all the version I'm currently running is 13.

manok Sep 4, 2015 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o (Post 11499115)
Just reformatted to be on the safe side, threw on 9.0.0 and tried again. No still no update button. If it makes a difference at all the version I'm currently running is 13.

I'm getting the same issue, no update button at all.

jasoncd Oct 24, 2015 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by manok (Post 11502814)
I'm getting the same issue, no update button at all.

And same here. I have a '13 MR with Nav, FUSE version 13. I've tried the latest version 19 update and can't get the update button to show up. Multiple USB drives, formatted to fat32 with only the update.package file on them and no luck. I've even tried updating on multiple computers.

Tried my dealership, but they haven't heard of updating the firmware, and I'd like to avoid having to pay, wait, etc. at the dealer if this can be done myself.

Since reading version 18 introduced faster USB load times, I really want to get this update. Anyone have any ideas?

mande110 Oct 24, 2015 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by jasoncd (Post 11526300)
And same here. I have a '13 MR with Nav, FUSE version 13. I've tried the latest version 19 update and can't get the update button to show up. Multiple USB drives, formatted to fat32 with only the update.package file on them and no luck. I've even tried updating on multiple computers.

Tried my dealership, but they haven't heard of updating the firmware, and I'd like to avoid having to pay, wait, etc. at the dealer if this can be done myself.

Since reading version 18 introduced faster USB load times, I really want to get this update. Anyone have any ideas?

I am having the same issue. I just emailed fuse support. If I get anything useful that will help I'll post it, if not then I won't respond. Let's hope for the best!!

Gh3ttoRoM3o Oct 24, 2015 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by mande110 (Post 11526423)
I am having the same issue. I just emailed fuse support. If I get anything useful that will help I'll post it, if not then I won't respond. Let's hope for the best!!

Sounds good, looking forward to it. Ill be honest I had completely forgotten about this lol

lancer6ix Oct 30, 2015 11:58 PM

The reason nobody can update to v18 (or any version after v9) - Is that it looks like the newer software packages online are incompatible (maybe it is a bug in their software or region code or because Mitsubishi wants you to go into the dealer to install), that's why everyone keeps getting the "no file" error.

This is the fix in versions.ini:

Broken/Locked:
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"2222222"

Fixed:
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"1111111"

Saved it and tried on my car and was able to update (FINALLY!)

mande110 Oct 31, 2015 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by lancer6ix (Post 11529640)
The reason nobody can update to v18 (or any version after v9) - Is that it looks like the newer software packages online are incompatible (maybe it is a bug in their software or region code or because Mitsubishi wants you to go into the dealer to install), that's why everyone keeps getting the "no file" error.

This is the fix in versions.ini:

Broken/Locked:
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"2222222"

Fixed:
2 = CheckLabel,"JCI_DNA_PART_NUMBER",1,"1111111"

Saved it and tried on my car and was able to update (FINALLY!)

This worked great!!! I am now on version 18!! Just a heads up though this does change the english accent to a British one (depending where you found your file), which sounds cooler anyway. This solved my problem {thumbup}

Gh3ttoRoM3o Oct 31, 2015 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by mande110 (Post 11529755)
This worked great!!! I am now on version 18!! Just a heads up though this does change the english accent to a British one (depending where you found your file), which sounds cooler anyway. This solved my problem {thumbup}

If it's female British accent I may need to keep more dash wipes in my car.

jasoncd Oct 31, 2015 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by mande110 (Post 11529755)

EDIT: I was able to extract the .package file and un-zip the versions.ini.gz file, and made the changes. Now I just need to figure out how to replace my altered .ini in the package file!

Wow, this sounds really promising! I'm missing though were the versions.ini file is. I've got the update file, which is update.package. Are you guys extracting the files in that package somehow, updating the .ini, and then repackaging? I'm thinking not, and I'm missing something simpler than that.

Any help would be appreciated. The dealer I bought my car from said they'd need my car overnight to do the update. "It takes so long because it's a big file". I have no idea how that would work - leave my car running all night in the shop? Leave it hooked up to a battery tender and let it sit on all night? I got the impression they did not want to do this update for me.

The other dealer I contacted had a sales guy get back to me to talk about putting me in a new car. Sigh.