EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo 'For Sale' External Engine / Power (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-sale-external-engine-power-116/)
-   -   71HTA CHRA w/ Comp Cover and WGA $599 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-sale-external-engine-power/658419-71hta-chra-w-comp-cover-wga-599-a.html)

Michael @ FP May 20, 2013 08:36 AM

71HTA CHRA w/ Comp Cover and WGA $599

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...tegory_Code=SP

Get em while they're hot!

-Michael

heel2toe May 20, 2013 08:58 AM

Michael, will these work with my sock 10.5 hotside on my 05 VIII? IIRC the only difference from an 05 and 06 turbo is the CHRA and compressor cover...

Also is the upgraded oil line required on this turbo like it is on your other turbos?

Thanks for the info and for producing kick ass parts!

Michael @ FP May 20, 2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by heel2toe (Post 10814688)
Michael, will these work with my sock 10.5 hotside on my 05 VIII? IIRC the only difference from an 05 and 06 turbo is the CHRA and compressor cover...

Also is the upgraded oil line required on this turbo like it is on your other turbos?

Thanks for the info and for producing kick ass parts!

Yes it will work on an EVO VIII Turbine housing but you would need at least the install kit to make it a bolt on affair.

It is not required but it is recommended.

-Michael

heel2toe May 20, 2013 09:17 AM

Thanks for the prompt response. I am aware of the need of the install kit. This caught my eye bc of the relatively small entry price and I know this turbo packs a good punch and will be a good size given that I autox my car.

What is the warranty with one of these puppies? Is that oil line required for the warranty?

joseph143 May 20, 2013 10:19 AM

I want one! It might be a lil small on my motor though... :-(

Michael @ FP May 20, 2013 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by heel2toe (Post 10814739)
Thanks for the prompt response. I am aware of the need of the install kit. This caught my eye bc of the relatively small entry price and I know this turbo packs a good punch and will be a good size given that I autox my car.

What is the warranty with one of these puppies? Is that oil line required for the warranty?

Our full 12 month complimentary repair program applies.

The oil line isn't required but if the turbo comes back and there is evidence of improper lubrication we will ask to see your oil feed line before a determination is made.

Originally Posted by joseph143 (Post 10814826)
I want one! It might be a lil small on my motor though... :-(

Unless you're running a 3.0L or something this turbo will do really well on most strokers.

-Michael

heel2toe May 20, 2013 10:48 AM

Thanks for the info. I am well aware of the necessity for the upgraded oil line with the Green Red and Black but I dont know if I have read about any failures of the White so I apologize for the elementary questions.

Your other turbos are far more prevalent in the community so more info has been documented. Have you seen failures to date on the HTA71 without your upgraded oil line? I'd rather be safe than sorry and purchase the upgraded line but that also adds 33% more to the cost of the unit. Still a great bargain but something to consider.

Michael @ FP May 20, 2013 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by heel2toe (Post 10814864)
Thanks for the info. I am well aware of the necessity for the upgraded oil line with the Green Red and Black but I dont know if I have read about any failures of the White so I apologize for the elementary questions.

Your other turbos are far more prevalent in the community so more info has been documented. Have you seen failures to date on the HTA71 without your upgraded oil line? I'd rather be safe than sorry and purchase the upgraded line but that also adds 33% more to the cost of the unit. Still a great bargain but something to consider.

I haven't seen any come back using our line or the stock line we have had a couple come through using other oil lines that the customer didn't know used a restricted banjo bolt and ended up under oiling the turbo.

-Michael

heel2toe May 20, 2013 11:08 AM

Gotcha, good to know thanks!

This is so tempting, you suck:lol: Stop making awesome parts that I want to buy:lol:

I want to pull the trigger so badly but my stock block is saying otherwise. Hmmm time to have a long discussion with my tuner.

Is this price and configuration i.e without the hotside something you plan to keep or is this a special one time offer sort of thing?

Michael @ FP May 20, 2013 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by heel2toe (Post 10814887)
Gotcha, good to know thanks!

This is so tempting, you suck:lol: Stop making awesome parts that I want to buy:lol:

I want to pull the trigger so badly but my stock block is saying otherwise. Hmmm time to have a long discussion with my tuner.

Is this price and configuration i.e without the hotside something you plan to keep or is this a special one time offer sort of thing?

I've got 5 CHRA's already built that can ship pretty quick.

I have parts to build a bunch of them so they will stay up at this price till parts begin to dwindle.

-Michael

heel2toe May 20, 2013 12:10 PM

Awesome, thanks!

e_kobz Sep 27, 2014 01:38 PM

Got any of these on the shelf?!