Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Wheels / Tires Includes wheels, tires, bolts, and other related components.

Hankook Z211 Race Tires available now! FAST! FAST! FAST!

Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hankook Z211 Race Tires available now! FAST! FAST! FAST!

I promised eveyone I'd update when I had news on the new Hankooks. Well the Z211 is finally stateside. Limited supply at the moment. Had to fly in 50 or so for the first NASA USTCC race at Fontana this past weekend.

The tires are FAST!! My boss so impressed and it takes a lot to do that. We are very excited about this development.

We love the Toyo RA1 around here, but the Z211 was 1.5 sec faster and stayed fast. Word was they backed up just bit at about half way in the race but nothing undrivable like a Hoosier or Kumho can get. The tires lasted the whole weekend as well. Two practices, two qualifiers and two full races.

These are now the official tire of the USTCC for 2005. 235/40-17 is the size. They do need to be shaved for competition, but if you are going to use them for track days, they should be ok not shaved. Price is going to be $165ea plus $15 to shave. makes them $5 cheaper than our Toyo's.

This tire will make a great track day tire for all you EVO racers. Probably won't last as long as a Toyo, but man, 1.5 faster, a little less expensive and slightly less wear, what a deal. That said, the Z214 will be available very soon. This is the replacement for the Z211 supposedly. Now here is the real news, the Z214 is said to be another 1.5 to 2 seconds faster than the Z211! This will be for the Hoosier guys who want to just kick A**. It will be priced less than the Hoosier but not what we call cheap.

The head of Hankook world motorsports was at the event taking notes as well. Haven't heard any feedback from them, hopefully they were happy.

If anyone wants to get their hands on a set of Hankooks, let me know. I think they have 4 or 5 sets left over until the container is fully inventoried.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 01:31 PM
Account Disabled

Good news, I have the New Z211 in 235/40-17. Man are these things WIDE!! For those wanting to go to 245 this is the tire. A rough tread measurement shows 9.6. When put next to a Toyo 235/40-17 the difference is real obvious. Price is $165 full tread, add $15 for shaving. Pm me or call.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

new hankooks

im intrested in the new hankook race tires... will these be able to hold up in the california summer for daily driving and some maybe some light autox? Im mostly intrested in them for driving the great roads that we have in the area.

the price is 165? what would be the total unshaved cost for a set of 4 shipped to 93908. thanks! I was also considering the RA1s before i saw your post on these new hankooks.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

I don't know if I'd use the Hankook Z211 for the street. The RA1 will be a better choice. You could also look at the Z212 UHP tire. It is a non R compound but is geared toward the autocrosser who can't run an R tire but wants better grip. Not that they will necessarily grip better than stock Advans. If you want the R Compound I'd go with the Toyo.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

gotcha.. and in comparison to the stock advans they grip more but have a slightly shorter life? I would leave this at full tred of course and my daily commute is only about 10 minutes one way.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 07:16 AM
Account Disabled

That is correct
Old Apr 6, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have any feedback for this tires little brother.. the R s2 z212. My though would be that since its based on the z211 its a pretty decently good tire. Im just wondering how it compares to the T1s or advans.. and how much are you giving up next to the RA1s. How much can you get this tire for?
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:53 AM
Account Disabled

The Z212 just won a few classes at the recent Solo nationals. Beat the Azenis sports BAD!! The tires will be available to the public very soon. We are having distribution issues at the moment. Once they get that all sorted out I will post right away.

They are not R compound tires, they are for guys you either need or want a non R compound tire that is above average in grip and lasts fairly long. (200 treadwear) Pricing to come.