Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Advan RS wheels on silver evo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Advan RS wheels on silver evo?

I cant seem to find anyone here who has Apex Silver with Advan RS wheels in gunmetal. The only Evos I have seen are red and white with gunmetal rs wheels. Please post some pics if you have any silver evos with gunmetal RS wheels.

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump id like to see them too!
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

lol...Derek, I was thinking the same thing. I'm looking at getting these rims. Silver w/ gunmetal RS rims...lets see it. I also saw a blue 06 evo w/ the gunmetal RS rims. It had a ralliart lip and Jdm rear....it was yummy!
Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

yea I saw that car as well... believe he was from the UK
Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

I was thinking of getting them ADVAN RS rims in the 18x9 with the GTR face in gunmetal but on the a yellow evo. I saw the pics of it on the yellow evo with the evo7 front bumper and that **** was sick! Don't worry Justin, if you do end up getting the RS it will probably be before me because I won't have the funds for rims until I finish modding. I prefer go before show!

Last edited by EvOcHaRgeR; Apr 2, 2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvOcHaRgeR
I was thinking of getting them ADVAN RS rims in the 18x9 with the GTR face in gunmetal but on the a yellow evo. I saw the pics of it on the yellow evo with the evo7 front bumper and that **** was sick! Don't worry Justin, if you do end up getting the RS it will probably be before me because I won't have the funds for rims until I finish modding. I prefer go before show!
Hey there Kioni (sp)..people have been talking about your Evo lately...I'm not worried about 'go' really...I don't really street race or won't be tracking this year like I did a lot w/ my WRX. I'll be doing a lot of auto-x.

I want to be in the low 12's...and I can do it w/ minimal mods. That's why I like the IX's a lot. I've been doing a lot of research and IX's have been running 11.9-12.3...w/ a turbo back, intake, flash, and optional boost controller on PUMP (91-93) gas! ...Now that's just awesome and those mods only cost like 1500 dollars or so. Something faster than that...is made for the track or highway streets. Plus I having nothing to prove...like I felt I did w/ my wrx...I wanted to be the fastest...haha.

So I'll balance show and go like I did w/ my WRX...I just hate looking like other Evo's...I like to be unique...that's why I miss my wrx so much. I ordered the JDM rear bumper and ralliart lip awhile ago...I hope it's in stock when I go to cali so I can take it back w/ me on the plane. I just got back from Mexico like 3 weeks ago and I'm going to Cali for a wedding in April...so that's where my modding money is going...haha!

But for the rims I was only thinking, still haven't made up my mind yet? I saw your car near wells fargo on Benson u work around that area? GTR face? is there a difference than regular RS rims? I'd like to get 18x8.5.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

only 18x9 are GTR face... anything smaller is not
Old Apr 2, 2006, 05:48 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Derek888,

Please respond to my PM. Thanks.

Speedlimit..
Old Apr 2, 2006, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

^^replied
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

I've researched about gtr face...all I got was it looks more aggresive....care to explain the difference? And can you really notice it too...

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know... on Advans website it says GTR for sizes and 9 and above...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:37 PM
Former Sponsor

The secret is the offset. +29 offset gives the overall a concaved deep dish look, while any offset above +29 will just have flat spokes coming from the center face of the rim which looks quite flat and not as aggressive.

hope this helps..
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dakind916
Hey there Kioni (sp)..people have been talking about your Evo lately...I'm not worried about 'go' really...I don't really street race or won't be tracking this year like I did a lot w/ my WRX. I'll be doing a lot of auto-x.

I want to be in the low 12's...and I can do it w/ minimal mods. That's why I like the IX's a lot. I've been doing a lot of research and IX's have been running 11.9-12.3...w/ a turbo back, intake, flash, and optional boost controller on PUMP (91-93) gas! ...Now that's just awesome and those mods only cost like 1500 dollars or so. Something faster than that...is made for the track or highway streets. Plus I having nothing to prove...like I felt I did w/ my wrx...I wanted to be the fastest...haha.

So I'll balance show and go like I did w/ my WRX...I just hate looking like other Evo's...I like to be unique...that's why I miss my wrx so much. I ordered the JDM rear bumper and ralliart lip awhile ago...I hope it's in stock when I go to cali so I can take it back w/ me on the plane. I just got back from Mexico like 3 weeks ago and I'm going to Cali for a wedding in April...so that's where my modding money is going...haha!

But for the rims I was only thinking, still haven't made up my mind yet? I saw your car near wells fargo on Benson u work around that area? GTR face? is there a difference than regular RS rims? I'd like to get 18x8.5.
Justin, that kool if your looking to do auto-x, I don't really street race anymore either but I plan on going to the track to just see what I run. Anyhow, I actually work at the WF on C st. (main office). As for looking unique I really don't have that problem of looking like all the other evos because I am the only yellow evo in the state and it looks to stay that way. We should probably have a meet sometime when you get back from your trip I should be up and running by then.

By the way the 9 are making good power with little mods and running quick times. I am actually helping out the black 9 here with basic mods and a flash and see what he runs! He looking to for low 12s too!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:07 AM
Evolving Member

Dude a meet would be so awesome for AK! We have 5 already on the nasioc board so send me a PM and I'll hit up the other evo's.

SPEEDELIMENT....thanks for your info! It indeed help!

Quick Reply: Advan RS wheels on silver evo?