Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Showed but didn't shine! The Day after HIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will have to enter many time to win at least one... most people who won at shows are hardcore show car builder, they pimp their **** out. Black color dont usually stand out so if you plan to enter again you might have to change to a brighter color.
Dont be discourage there are always next time.... make your car look better next time and you'll see some plastic trophy.
First thing I would tell you to do is buy a nice set of coilover and slam the car down, it will make your car look 10X better.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is super clean but in all honesty it really needs to be lowered. I had my car at HIN Las Vegas and got 4th place in the street class and had similar mods to you, but I think its all relative to what class they placed you in and what the other compition look like.

Here is a pic of my car that was on Modified's site:

Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

you have 2 very nice cars...both worthy of any show prizes, for all it's worth.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

the black evo looks hard as hell...
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by onesicklambo
your cars are sick. Who cares whateveryone else thinks? thats why different comapnys make different parts becasue everyone has theor own opinion. If your trying to impress someone go spend all your money on a ferarri and have no self gratatude and respect for what youve accomplished. Modding your car should make you feel good not trying to make the judges feel good. People that spend all their money, time, and effort just to impress a judge(some of the parts they might not even like..but it wins points) is retarded. Mod if how you like...and if it doesnt meet someone elses standards...OH WELL>. Keep modding to make yourelf happy. HIN comes down to ONE THING- WHO CAN SPEND THE MOST MONEY. trust me.
Very true!!! I got out of the show scene since it felt like I was not getting any satisfaction in it. You just modify your car to win a trophy. When it comes down to it, its all about who has the most pull at HIN, and who has spent the most money. There is no point to it.

Modify your car for your personal enjoyment. Do mods that you like, and not what other people like. I can assure you that when you stop showing for a trophy and you start showing just for fun, you will feel a whole lot better.

If you still want to win... Look at what other evo's have that show with you. Observe how well they clean their car, their display, how many mods they have, what type of exterior peices they have, and what team they're in. All of those things matter.

Last edited by 7m6m4; Apr 30, 2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
ok so you spend all that money but cant spend $110 on springs to drop the car.
Do you have a link to these $110 springs?

Show cars have to look over the top, a drop is needed badly on the evo.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by 7m6m4

Modify your car for your personal enjoyment. Do mods that you like, and not what other people like. I can assure you that when you stop showing for a trophy and you start showing just for fun, you will feel a whole lot better.
+1,000
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Thanx for all the support and advice first.
Boost gauge on 3000GT just for show, i think it looks good when it lights up. if those Scion can have it there, why my 3000GT can't? u know there's people put fake intercooler and empty NOS bottle on Civic, right? At least i can get some vacume reading over that gauge, so give me a break on that please! 3000GT just a show car, it runs fine, i am good with it!
Afterall, the evo project will not stop there for sure! Of course i will drop the evo, but again, i have no money left! i will not go for a $110 spring, if i do it, i do it right, otherwise i will leave it stock! i plan to get the Ohlins or FightEx, just need to wait on that.
And as someone said, i do what i like to my car, not someone else~! look 2 cars like 2 trophy, i am really happy!!!
Thanx again for everyone!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:26 PM

Yooo.. i talked to you at HIN lol. You turned the car on for me lol...i love how all the gauges look in the dark haha
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:33 PM
Account Disabled

Import car shows are all about useless bling bling, ******, and retarded ricers. Performance cars like the Evo don't belong in gay *** places like that.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

You maxed out a credit card for a plastic trophy lol. Would've been easier to just buy the plastic trophy.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet rides!!! Who cares about the show, those are only for posers and wannabe's, the true enthusiasts know the details and work that goes into those, that's all that matters, very clean, nice rides!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MFactor
You maxed out a credit card for a plastic trophy lol. Would've been easier to just buy the plastic trophy.
Hahaha... so true
Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:29 PM

Dude i spoke to you at the show i was asking you about the gauge set up and your boost controller tat evo is sick you just need to slam that thing mad props to you!! you seemed like a really cool dude
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:10 PM

Bro your cars are absolutely mean.. you should be proud (and I'm sure you are). Great rides, both.. that 3000GT is honestly too much car for me..

Quick Reply: Showed but didn't shine! The Day after HIN!!!