Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

honey's Photoshoot - CCW LM20 - Agency Power - Cusco - HOME DEPOT - Ohlins - Evodave

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Really looks good. Will have to stop by Damion's to see if I can see it in person. Congrats
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:51 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
not a fan of the wheels, or the home depot lip
Originally Posted by Nasty Evolution
THANK YOU.. Im sitting here thinking to myself, my god am I the only one!
Thank you thank you! The wheels are nice but DO NOT belong on an evo. They look completely euroboy. The rest of the build is good, but imo those wheels ruin it. Those can't be that light. I don't see how these guys like those wheels. I'm guessing 1/2 are leg humpers the other half don't "get it". An evo is for speed, not weighted down wheels that make other drivers put sunglasses on cause they are going blind.

Otherwise, great build.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first off siik car bro but second im glad too see you driving it. i cant stand people who build siik cars and just garage them n not even bring it out. congrats bro
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo224
first off siik car bro but second im glad too see you driving it. i cant stand people who build siik cars and just garage them n not even bring it out. congrats bro
lawls, 2 full build pages and still bro.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Maxedout19w
very nice love it, check out wrongfitmentcrew.com i think you would like it on there.
i'll check it out

Originally Posted by BocaShula
what kind of rims are those?
CCW LM20's

Originally Posted by pls1968
Really looks good. Will have to stop by Damion's to see if I can see it in person. Congrats
lol ur here now! too bad i didn't bring the evo

Originally Posted by migs647
Thank you thank you! The wheels are nice but DO NOT belong on an evo. They look completely euroboy. The rest of the build is good, but imo those wheels ruin it. Those can't be that light. I don't see how these guys like those wheels. I'm guessing 1/2 are leg humpers the other half don't "get it". An evo is for speed, not weighted down wheels that make other drivers put sunglasses on cause they are going blind.

Otherwise, great build.
They are about 1lb (per wheel) heavier than rpf1's (18x9.5). They aren't chrome
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by honey on boost
They are about 1lb (per wheel) heavier than rpf1's (18x9.5). They aren't chrome
lies. and even if that's true, they still weigh more than 19lbs each, and RPF1's in sizes that big aren't very light anyway, so the comparison doesn't really help.

my biggest gripe with the car is that the suspension is wasted in this application. those are great coilovers, and the other suspension bits are very good as well. that said, the way they are used is a waste. why buy ohlins just to slam the car to the ground on them? the car probably handles like crap now because it's way too low, so for what you're using those parts for, you could have just bought the cheap stuff. also, if you're such a big baller as the leg humpers would have us believe, why not buy a decent lip? the HD lip is trash, period. JDP's lips are only like $400 shipped. that's nothing for someone who could shell out money for ohlins. the car has potential, but the stuff people keep saying about it being the hottest GG on this site...c'mon now, even YOU have to know that doesn't make any sense.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

lies. and even if that's true, they still weigh more than 19lbs each, and RPF1's in sizes that big aren't very light anyway, so the comparison doesn't really help.

my biggest gripe with the car is that the suspension is wasted in this application. those are great coilovers, and the other suspension bits are very good as well. that said, the way they are used is a waste. why buy ohlins just to slam the car to the ground on them? the car probably handles like crap now because it's way too low, so for what you're using those parts for, you could have just bought the cheap stuff. also, if you're such a big baller as the leg humpers would have us believe, why not buy a decent lip? the HD lip is trash, period. JDP's lips are only like $400 shipped. that's nothing for someone who could shell out money for ohlins. the car has potential, but the stuff people keep saying about it being the hottest GG on this site...c'mon now, even YOU have to know that doesn't make any sense.
wow dude you really love to type essays huh? You car must be a work of art that was given to you by GOD himself huh?

First off I have no reason to lie about the weight. You can easily call up CCW and ask

Secondly you should spend more time actually reading what I post rather than looking at pictures and then wasting your time writing hate posts. I sold the Ohlins about a month ago Mr. King of all Evo's. Like I said in my build thread they rode like crap after I lowered it so I sold them to someone who will be putting them to good use at the track

And finally... YES I have the money to buy a "baller" lip. A JDP lip isn't exactly my definition of a "baller" lip though (no offense to JDP Engineering) I like their lips for the
VIII's and DA's but I am not too fond of the "flare" of the ix lip. I was a credit card swipe away from getting a Deck Mechanical lip shipped to me for about $700 since no one in the US sells them anymore. But I changed my mind and went with the home depot lip instead. I can rub it on anything and if it gets messed up who cares! Home Depot is just a few miles away

Now skidaddle off and go **** on someone else thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

wow dude you really love to type essays huh? You car must be a work of art that was given to you by GOD himself huh?

First off I have no reason to lie about the weight. You can easily call up CCW and ask

Secondly you should spend more time actually reading what I post rather than looking at pictures and then wasting your time writing hate posts. I sold the Ohlins about a month ago Mr. King of all Evo's. Like I said in my build thread they rode like crap after I lowered it so I sold them to someone who will be putting them to good use at the track

And finally... YES I have the money to buy a "baller" lip. A JDP lip isn't exactly my definition of a "baller" lip though (no offense to JDP Engineering) I like their lips for the
VIII's and DA's but I am not too fond of the "flare" of the ix lip. I was a credit card swipe away from getting a Deck Mechanical lip shipped to me for about $700 since no one in the US sells them anymore. But I changed my mind and went with the home depot lip instead. I can rub it on anything and if it gets messed up who cares! Home Depot is just a few miles away

Now skidaddle off and go **** on someone else thread

wow... i hate adding to this thread , but here i go... honey, wow credit card swipes, really?? if you have them, then no need to brag or post about it here, cause obviously a lot of ppl have a lot credit card and the bills of em too.. including me believe me... maxed out son!!

That being said, its a public opinion forum and expect positive and negative reviews.. for one the ohlins rode like ****, cause u dropped it like it was super hot potato hot.. no **** its gonna ride like crap...

A lot of ppl like ur car one of my friends included.. but dont be so conceded, cause I have seen 50 GG's that would crush urs
Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by borievoinitialD
wow... i hate adding to this thread , but here i go... honey, wow credit card swipes, really?? if you have them, then no need to brag or post about it here, cause obviously a lot of ppl have a lot credit card and the bills of em too.. including me believe me... maxed out son!!

That being said, its a public opinion forum and expect positive and negative reviews.. for one the ohlins rode like ****, cause u dropped it like it was super hot potato hot.. no **** its gonna ride like crap...

A lot of ppl like ur car one of my friends included.. but dont be so conceded, cause I have seen 50 GG's that would crush urs
excuse me DEBIT VISA CARD** I have yet to put $1 on a credit card. I refuse to pay interest on anything other than a car or a home.

As far as the ohlins go they only rod bad once lowered so much because of the "model" that I had. They didn't allow me to adjust the actual shock like most do now a days. That is why I changed them. The new ones are just perfect at my "hot potato stance".

And me being conceded? Not at all I haven't commented on anything else that anyone has said. Everyone has their own opinions and I understand that. Now this guy has a smart comment for everything so yes I finally commented back

Last edited by honey on boost; Jan 30, 2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

excuse me DEBIT VISA CARD** I have yet to put $1 on a credit card. I refuse to pay interest on anything other than a car or a home.

As far as the ohlins go they only rod bad once lowered so much because of the "model" that I had. They didn't allow me to adjust the actual shock like most do now a days. That is why I changed them. The new ones are just perfect at my "hot potato stance".

And me being conceded? Not at all I haven't commented on anything else that anyone has said. Everyone has their own opinions and I understand that. Now this guy has a smart comment for everything so yes I finally commented back
agreed.. did not know that the ohlins didnt have seperate damper and springs adjustment, to lower for looks and performance.. for that price i would think they would...
Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by borievoinitialD
agreed.. did not know that the ohlins didnt have seperate damper and springs adjustment, to lower for looks and performance.. for that price i would think they would...
The model I had didn't. But they do have different models that do. But I decided to save some money and go with another set
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

What coils are you going for now honey?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

WTF with all the hate? I don't see her doing anything wrong. Who gives a crap about the lip it can be changed and even if she kept the coils who is to say she couldn't slap some different rims and tires and head to a track event. The evo is a great car but it gets old when it's stock...it is meant to be tuned! So let her tune it the way she wants. BTW if she went with some Volks or Advans (which are really sick in my book) then she would be like every other Evo on this forum. And like I said many times that I am not a fan of the HD lip, props to her for having the ballz to put on the HD lip knowing that the douches would hate on it. And who cares if she puts things on a credit card or cash...you ain't her financial broker...in other words it ain't your business.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol come on now. I am not jumping on her side or taking any sides but seriously if you dont have something constructive to say then dont say it. Make suggestions but dont sit there and say someone is retarded for putting something on that "you" belive is not worth it. You have a painted roof on your car. I personally think two-tone paint jobs are horrible and really dont belong on an evo. There will always be someone that doesnt like what someone else has done. No need to bash on someone else's car.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Lol it continues.. I don't think they are leg humping or being "captain save a hoe's" they are just replying to retarded comments. I think they would be Doing the same even if I was a guy. Now the ones sending me random pm's and getting ignored are what I call Leg Humpers.

Quick Reply: honey's Photoshoot - CCW LM20 - Agency Power - Cusco - HOME DEPOT - Ohlins - Evodave