Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Estimated worth of this beauty? (Current and future)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Estimated worth of this beauty? (Current and future)

Wondering what anyone thinks the true value of my 2005 electric blue Evo 8 is, because I feel like I got an insane deal on it.

Picked it up a couple months ago from the original owner with 54k original miles for 30k flat. He threw in an extra set of tail lights, a set of BBS MR wheels, and the original Enkei’s that come on them (it’s a GSR) and brand new tires for both sets of wheels. Paint is in immaculate condition besides some chips on the front bumper (getting a respray. Interior is spotless and the backseat looks like it’s never been sat in.

Stock block, with a buschur exhaust, evo 9 diverter valve, Perrin FMIC, walbro 255lph fuel pump, invidia o2 housing, invidia downpipe and test pipe, newly installed AOS, ARC cold air intake, stock turbo running 22psi, boost gauge, and an AWD mustang dyno tune on 93. Missing a horn and the AC doesn’t work, 60k service coming up kinda soon aswell.

***Photos attached below, been crazy busy with work so haven’t been able to do a full photo shoot with my camera yet***

The dyno sheet said the car is making 300whp but I’ve heard those mustang dynos read abt 15% less on average so I’m thinking about 330whp maybe? Clutch seems good, but replacing soon anyways as I wanna make more power. Sometimes has some trouble shifting into 2nd, and the shifting honestly just feels really clunky overall. (I come from a WRX so this is probably just how the feel in these cars are in general but it def seems a little off). Other than that it’s great, planning on changing the whole setup at some point this year.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to be very low based on this market. The color/year are very desirable and rare. Id have put it in the 40k's
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:59 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Congrats on the Evo!

I hate to be a downer, but have you inspected the underside of the car for rust? That could make the difference between a deal and a lemon.

I don't have an 8, but I believe one of the critical areas to look are the rear chassis legs. Search the forum and you will get an idea of the areas to inspect.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by blueboi
Wondering what anyone thinks the true value of my 2005 electric blue Evo 8 is, because I feel like I got an insane deal on it.

Picked it up a couple months ago from the original owner with 54k original miles for 30k flat. He threw in an extra set of tail lights, a set of BBS MR wheels, and the original Enkei’s that come on them (it’s a GSR) and brand new tires for both sets of wheels. Paint is in immaculate condition besides some chips on the front bumper (getting a respray. Interior is spotless and the backseat looks like it’s never been sat in.

Stock block, with a buschur exhaust, evo 9 diverter valve, Perrin FMIC, walbro 255lph fuel pump, invidia o2 housing, invidia downpipe and test pipe, newly installed AOS, ARC cold air intake, stock turbo running 22psi, boost gauge, and an AWD mustang dyno tune on 93. Missing a horn and the AC doesn’t work, 60k service coming up kinda soon aswell.

The dyno sheet said the car is making 300whp but I’ve heard those mustang dynos read abt 15% less on average so I’m thinking about 330whp maybe? Clutch seems good, but replacing soon anyways as I wanna make more power. Sometimes has some trouble shifting into 2nd, and the shifting honestly just feels really clunky overall. (I come from a WRX so this is probably just how the feel in these cars are in general but it def seems a little off). Other than that it’s great, planning on changing the whole setup at some point this year.
Its a good deal but the 60k should be done asap. Its not mileage dependent at this point. The service internal is 5 years or 60k miles. The Evo is so old that the belts, belt tensioner, and water pump should all be replaced before they fail.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by blueboi

The 05's had a 10.5 hotside turbo OEM but with these mods + boost the power is about right at ~300whp. To get above that you'd need cams/raise the boost.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by codgi
The 05's had a 10.5 hotside turbo OEM but with these mods + boost the power is about right at ~300whp. To get above that you'd need cams/raise the boost.
On E85 he would make the most gains. My 05 made 380hp on stock turbo and stock cams.
The following users liked this post:
codgi (Feb 12, 2024)