Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Spirit of Autcross

Old May 9, 2010, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ODUB is the first to start talking trash and then has to show his entire driving record....sounds like someones insecure....

i liked the video posted by the OP its very grass roots

the video posted by ODUB was better (even though this guys ego is bigger then it should be)
but it also seems liek someone with more skills behind editing was involved in making it....
Old May 9, 2010, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome vid!
I was just going to say hands at 9 and 3, or for some 10-2, but Odub already crashed that wall..
I have been autocrossing for years and I yet to run across someone so full of themselves for an AX champ..
Old May 10, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First off, I wasn't trying to bash anyone's driving, or say that they are all terrible drivers. I simply made an observation based on what I saw in the video. With th exception of a few drivers, it looks like the cars could have been driven harder.

I think the problem I have with the video is that it's called "The Spirit Of Autocross" and people will watch it to get an idea of what autocross is about. For someone that's never seen the events before, this video doesn't do a very good job of introducing them to it. that's the perspective I had when forming my opinions about the video.

as for the other personal stuff, I didn't make it personal. OP made it personal when he got butthurt about my comments and went so far as to pull a timing chart from one event i ran, in a region that I don't run in very often. It was my first event after not driving competitively for over 11 months, and I was on worn tires. This was one of those events you guys talked about in the thread, just going to have fun. I didn't push the car as hard as I could have because I wasn't racing against anyone, and still finished around 10th place out of a field of close to 70 vehicles prepped better, and on better tires. I'd say that's pretty good.

Originally Posted by devlish
now thats kinda funny... not sure bragging about being 1 of 1 is really worth bragging about!

agreed. he probably wouldn't have a new trophy to bring home though then. however, we don't have a lot of STU guys, so maybe he'd have a chance?
I didn't mean to come off as bragging, only defending. I'm sorry, but someone gangsta gripping his wheel and driving poorly in an autocross has no business pulling time charts on someone who could run circles around him. tr00f

Originally Posted by EVOizmm
your still at the point where you're collecting all your trophies and plaques?

a true auto-x (or any motorsport) enthusiast would never start talking trash from a short online youtube video.
I didn't mean to come off as talking trash. I just stated my opinion about the video, and I explained why above.

Originally Posted by Chabada15
ODUB is the first to start talking trash and then has to show his entire driving record....sounds like someones insecure....

i liked the video posted by the OP its very grass roots

the video posted by ODUB was better (even though this guys ego is bigger then it should be)
but it also seems liek someone with more skills behind editing was involved in making it....
not insecure at all, I just don't like when people post things and using them to paint a false picture. I simply explained the data he provided in more detail.

Originally Posted by bchappy
Awesome vid!
I was just going to say hands at 9 and 3, or for some 10-2, but Odub already crashed that wall..
I have been autocrossing for years and I yet to run across someone so full of themselves for an AX champ..
I'm not full of myself or anything else. I just didn't appreciate the OP going so far as to pull personal records from an event in a region I rarely run.

As for the STU comments, 90% of the trophies were won in either SM, or BSP. I was just recently moved to STU, and in the region I run 99% of my events, STU is one of the largest classes with multiple EVO's/STi's wth very experienced drivers.
Old May 10, 2010, 06:57 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bchappy
Awesome vid!
Old May 10, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

ALOT of hostility on this thread!!! Play Nice guys lol
Old May 10, 2010, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I think ODUB needs to back himself up. There is a BlackHawk Farms High speed auto-x I'll be attending in a few weeks, it sure would be great to see you there!
Old May 10, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

I think ODUB needs to back himself up. There is a BlackHawk Farms High speed auto-x I'll be attending in a few weeks, it sure would be great to see you there!
I think you need to stop instigating, and take the posts I made for what they were: explaination of fact to dispute partial information from an unreliable source, and stop trying to turn this into some trans continental autocross holy war.

That said, If I had the time off from work to go out there, I'd love to run. Considering I only get to run 3-4 events a year in my own state due to work (as i stated earlier) I doubt I'll be able to make it to WI from LA to run.

Also, I will be "backing it up" at the next SOWELA region event on the 23rd in Lake Charles, LA. You are more than welcome to attend.

Last edited by ODUB; May 10, 2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old May 10, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Money Bets any one?????
Old May 10, 2010, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

I liked the video. Looks like you guys have a really nice chunk of pavement to run on. In Birmingham here where I attend autox, we have a chewed up, used up, nasty piece of tarmac barely big enough to make a 30 second course. Its pretty crappy. However its still alot of fun regardless.

Also, as a third party unbiased on looker here. ODUB, your original post and comment... Regardless of how you meant it, when I read it, it seemed like a complete slap in the face. You basically said that all the drivers in this video suck and you would beat them all on your worst day. Thats why you are getting so much flack, and I think everyone on this board will take the side of the OP.

However, apparently you are the greatest driver in the world, and I strive to be more like you. (sarcasm noted)
Old May 10, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
I think you need to stop instigating, and take the posts I made for what they were: explaination of fact to dispute partial information from an unreliable source, and stop trying to turn this into some trans continental autocross holy war.

That said, If I had the time off from work to go out there, I'd love to run. Considering I only get to run 3-4 events a year in my own state due to work (as i stated earlier) I doubt I'll be able to make it to WI from LA to run.

Also, I will be "backing it up" at the next SOWELA region event on the 23rd in Lake Charles, LA. You are more than welcome to attend.
well if you say we are a bunch of below average drivers, i think you need to backup your statement.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:13 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Not to instigate and let this esculate any further, but if you're trying to prove anything, Nationals is the place to do it. I don't wanna hear about regional bull crap, because not all regions are as competitive.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExplosEvo
I liked the video. Looks like you guys have a really nice chunk of pavement to run on. In Birmingham here where I attend autox, we have a chewed up, used up, nasty piece of tarmac barely big enough to make a 30 second course. Its pretty crappy. However its still alot of fun regardless.

Also, as a third party unbiased on looker here. ODUB, your original post and comment... Regardless of how you meant it, when I read it, it seemed like a complete slap in the face. You basically said that all the drivers in this video suck and you would beat them all on your worst day. Thats why you are getting so much flack, and I think everyone on this board will take the side of the OP.

However, apparently you are the greatest driver in the world, and I strive to be more like you. (sarcasm noted)
Well I apologize if it came off that way, because it wasn't the intent. My original statement was simply that I didn't like the video because as I said, it didn't seem like a good representation of autocross for someone that's never seen one.

The second statement was a little harsher because of the response I got to an honest opinion. As for the flack, to be honest, I don't care. I give my honest opinion, and I apologize if some people don't know how to take it. I've explained myself more than enough, including the fact that I wasn't called everyone a bad driver or any of the other assumtions you guys want to make just to start more ****. If you don't want to actually read what I posted, then comment once you understand my intent, then don't bother posting anything directed towards me.

well if you say we are a bunch of below average drivers, i think you need to backup your statement.
I've already explained that statement. If you drive an EVO (other than the gangbanger homie grip), I wasn't talking about you. I said there was some below average driving in the video, and there is. Like the ricemobile eclipse driving like a grandma with the wing that has enough downforce for every car in the event to share. That said though, it's good that he's at least trying. I think you guys are too sensitive. You get all butthurt and then want to start a war.

Fact: Video wasn't that great. Do I think all of your driver's suck? No, not even close because that's not what I said, at all. Do I think some of the drivers suck? Yes. Do I think you could have gotten better footage for the video? Yes. If you guys want to push this further, be my guest. I've said what I had to say, and given honest replies and explainations that should have been sufficient to end this discussion. If you want to ignore everything I said and keep going with this for no reason, have at it.

Like I said, I'll be "backing it up" at my local event on the 23rd. Anyone here is more than welcome to attend.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
Not to instigate and let this esculate any further, but if you're trying to prove anything, Nationals is the place to do it. I don't wanna hear about regional bull crap, because not all regions are as competitive.
no arguements there. I've run in a few different regions, and we have 3-4 regional meets per year with every region in the state. The guys out here are very competitive compared to the events I've seen/run in other regions in TX. As for nationals, if I ever had the time to get really serious with this, I'd love to go. As I said before, because of work, I race when I can...which isn't very often.

the region OP pulled my times from was from CENLA. CENLA is probably the toughest region in the state as far as driver talent, and vehicle modification. It's also usually got the biggest turnouts. The car that ran in STS on that chart was an STS Solo national championship winning car a year or two ago, and a guy in this region (very talented driver) bought it. We've got no shortage of competition here.

Last edited by ODUB; May 10, 2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old May 10, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

No biggie Odub, I am just saying that you where arguing the "spirit of AX" and that from what I have seen that is the experienced drivers taking in the new people to the sport and showing them how they can improve.
Good luck in STU this year, I definitely think that is a tougher class then SM if there are a few national guys there.
Old May 10, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

ODUB, give it up. if i were you i'd just stop making posts in this thread. your not helping yourself one bit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Spirit of Autcross