Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

jdm bumper blues....fender fitment questions..and some other JDM bumper questions

Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes doesnt look like the angles are right. but i do love jdm bumpers where u get from?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by b0yw0nder
driveline team, just so I understand, you're saying you guys have never had someone complain about bumper fitment and that all the bumpers you have received and sent out fit without any issues?
To this day, we've never had anyone complain about the fitment.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:40 PM
pao
Evolving Member

well i just ordered a jdm bumper with the demonwerkz crash beam on monday through driveline - can't wait till it gets here

anyone here using the demonwerkz crash beam? if so please comment on any difficulties or additional mods that needs to be done - thanks
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow should be as simple as unbolt factory bolt that one up the fun comes in modifying the retainer clip etc
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:08 PM
pao
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
wow should be as simple as unbolt factory bolt that one up the fun comes in modifying the retainer clip etc
that's what i was aiming for
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BoostWhore
the bumper looks damaged on the passenger side.. where did yo get it from?. My oem jdm does not fit at all like that.
That does actually look authentic. The passenger rt side is from improper instalation! I know for a fact because I ordered one from Driveline and installed it myself without riveting and i got the same gap. The paint damage is from the installer trying to force it. It needs to be taken off and re-installed properly, search for how to install JDM bumper. You should be responsible for that, imo , unless the people who sold it to you installed it.
But it def looks legit. Good luck, let us know the outcome.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

bumper looks authentic but, like the post above. The installer f'd it up. The poor fitment is probably contributing to the installer not putting the metal frame square to the bumper and forcing the passenger side corner to meet the rear quarter panel.

The metal frame is a little of a pain to make perfect since you need to be careful not to bend/warp it when removing it from the usdm bumper.

The driver side is very close and probably just needs to be loosened and move slightly which is easy, but the passenger side is actually damaged, the can tell by the corner where it meets the quarter that it was stretched and actually messed the paint up. As far as the color matched goes, it's impossible to tell if the paint matches due to photographs/shadows. Also, how many miles are on the car, since the JDM bumper has 0 miles and 0 sun baking/oxidation.

The rear diffuser should be that "grey" color, not colormatched or black. Black would be fine if the shop painted it and probably looks good but thats not how mitsu sends it.

I bought my JDM prior to Driveline shipping them in better boxes and the mitsu box was pretty beat up when I got it but the bumper was 100% fine, the fitment was perfect but still needed a little motivation to get in the right spot as do all body parts even Voltex.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pao
well i just ordered a jdm bumper with the demonwerkz crash beam on monday through driveline - can't wait till it gets here

anyone here using the demonwerkz crash beam? if so please comment on any difficulties or additional mods that needs to be done - thanks
Another +1 for Driveline. Looks like it was installer error. Mine fit perfect, as do all my OEM parts. That's why people pay extra for them. I am also using the deamonwerkz beam. It's great quality and goes on without a hitch. only thing is that the bracket for the license plate is off center just a little bit. Nothing to scoff at though. Shoot me a PM when you install the crash beam, I'd like to know if your license plate bracket is off too. Sorry to thread jack...
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pao

Here was my rough time for installation...all times are for ME. No one helped me.
Remove USDM Bumper: 20 mins
Remove USDM Crash Beam: 5 mins
Install Demonworkz crash beam: 5 mins
Remove the Frame(drill rivets) from the USDM Bumper: seemed like forever
Install Frame onto JDM Bumper: 20 mins
Install Rear Bumper: 15mins
Install License Plate: 5 mins

Rough Total Time: 1.5 - 2hrs.

Probably go a lot faster with a 2nd set of hands.

Everything fit great. Thanks to Driveline and Demonworkz.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

wheres the best place to buy the jdm rear bumper and how much they going for?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Driveline Monitoring.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by metalsaber
Here was my rough time for installation...all times are for ME. No one helped me.
Remove USDM Bumper: 20 mins
Remove USDM Crash Beam: 5 mins
Install Demonworkz crash beam: 5 mins
Remove the Frame(drill rivets) from the USDM Bumper: seemed like forever
Install Frame onto JDM Bumper: 20 mins
Install Rear Bumper: 15mins
Install License Plate: 5 mins

Rough Total Time: 1.5 - 2hrs.

Probably go a lot faster with a 2nd set of hands.

Everything fit great. Thanks to Driveline and Demonworkz.
took me 6 hrs lol never done it before and i did it bymeself and it started raining good thing is i had the bracket modified and mounted all i had to do was mount the bumper to the car in the rain hence my very big and nice jdm rear install thread that was stickie
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

+ 1000 for driveline
Old Jun 19, 2010, 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
took me 6 hrs lol never done it before and i did it bymeself and it started raining good thing is i had the bracket modified and mounted all i had to do was mount the bumper to the car in the rain hence my very big and nice jdm rear install thread that was stickie
how much better do you like the jdm bumper vs the us bumper? im really thinkin about doing it but its $800 plus the crash beam which puts me over a thousand and i could be using that cash towards performance parts ya kno
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Wrong question. It's how much better do YOU like the JDM bumper! It's all about personal aesthetics. Although I've never met a person who preferred the ugly round USDM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jdm bumper blues....fender fitment questions..and some other JDM bumper questions